v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

And another important point .. Crash always happens only when the checkbox is turned on " Jump to next chord from midi keyboard "

I fixed this crash, thanks lulukom! :tu:
I'll upload a new update later this week, until then please delete the file RelativeChords.rcCHRD to avoid the crash.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

:) :tu: :phones:

I owe you some description of 'relative chords'.
These are chords that define notes based on scale degrees, instead of semitones.
E.g. a "triad" is the first, third and fifth note of the scale. A "seventh" is 1,3,5,7. You can define the "ninth" by omitting the root note if you want: 3,5,7,9. These chords are in the RelativeChords.rcCHRD file.

Basically you use these chords without root note (the scale root note is used as the chord root note). E.g. if the scale is D minor, "triad" will be a D minor chord:

Notes:
- when you first start RC, go to Settings / Miscellaneous, scroll to the bottom, and highlight "Enable Chords With Relative Notes":

Close and restart RapidComposer.

- chord definitions are in Documents/RapidComposerV3/DB/RelativeChords.rcCHRD. You can open this file in a text editor, and edit it, add new entries, etc
- chord selection can happen in 4 ways:
1. dragging and dropping chords from the browser. You will find the 'relative' chords in a group called 'Relative'
2. typing the chord name manually:

3. right clicking on the master track lets you select a chord from the menu. Look for the 'Relative' sub-menu:

4. The chord selector has a new tab with the list of available chords:

- (this is not new) right click on the bottom of the master track to insert a scale. The chord boxes are the smallest units with own scale/chord/tempo/signature properties. Split a chord if necessary.
- you can use the new 'local chord and scale' feature. This means phrases can override the master track chord and scale, and will use whatever is assigned to them, independently of the master track:

crossovercable wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:32 am A thought, when your bored with nothing to do: Settings > Master Track Chord > Font
there's a lot of free chord fonts.
In early December, after the v3.6 release, there will be big changes in font rendering, it will look much sharper and better and any fonts can be used. I am very excited about that.
crossovercable wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:32 amEDIT: Also the Recent Composition List is not up to date. if I list the Windows folder by date there are newer xxx.rcCOMP showing, the RC list is a few behind current.
I'll keep an eye on the recents list. I checked mine, it looks good. Please note that a new item is added to the recents list only when you save a composition. So the entries are not taken from a folder and sorted by date. If you find an odd behaviour please let me know.

Thanks,
Attila

Yea, full screen issue on 2 monitors needs to be addressed.. I can't maximize RC at all on one monitor.. (my default monitor) I can fake it by dragging to the size, but, any double click to fill goes way wrong..

Thanks for the new fonts that sounds great !!

Yes, the .rcCOMP has been saved as it is at the top in the Windows folder listed by date but RC recent list is 5 saved session behind.

Also, I import midi with keyswitches, select them all and set to Absolute Locked,
I Convert Phrase to Relative > Scale > Snap to nearest, but the Locked Absolute Keyswitche notes loose their status and position.
If I Convert to Phrase Generator they are lost.
If there's a way to split the phrases horizontally first to isolate the keyswitches in a new phrase would work without having to manually cut and paste to a new phrase.

Hi Attila!
Another crash when you press the notes in the chord builder!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chord Selector {relative chords} {options} -> Color by Tonality -- not working

Yes it is

BluGenes wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:07 am Chord Selector {relative chords} {options} -> Color by Tonality -- not working
Right. They will probably never work, because a 'scale relative' chord has no tonality. A 'Triad' can be major, minor, diminished, augmented (or even suspended for a weird scale) depending on the scale used. Maybe the current scale could be used for coloring...
So 'Color By Tonality' and 'Consonance' does not work for this type of chords. 'Distance From Tonal Center' is always the closest (they are green), and maybe 'Color By Common Notes' work well. This is experimental stuff, I know about a single user who use it...

Thanks,
Attila

lulukom wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:04 am Hi Attila!
Another crash when you press the notes in the chord builder!
Thank you! I could not find out why it crashed but I added an extra check to avoid the crash.
Attila

BluGenes wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:33 am Yea, full screen issue on 2 monitors needs to be addressed.. I can't maximize RC at all on one monitor.. (my default monitor) I can fake it by dragging to the size, but, any double click to fill goes way wrong..
Yes, I fixed this today. I can see all other software maximize on the actual screen, not for the big dual workspace. You can still make a big window that covers both monitors manually. So this is going to work in the next update.
Thanks,
Attila

Thank you, Attila!
I would like to propose to expand the theoretical possibilities of the RC.
It would be great and very practical to make an alphabetic decoding of the selected scales and chords in the chord selector. It would be a great help for those who not only program music on a computer, but also actually play and record it. Thank.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

awesome on the screen fix, and, OK, understand on the tonal coloring.. :hyper:

Return to “MusicDevelopments”