Saying hello with Techno-Trance "Rock"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

i'm new and this is my first post ^^ Wanted to get some critics on my new track. This seems quite pro here. I like what i hear.

After 6 masters and going back to the mix several times i'm somewhat pleased with the result. Expect the bass at some places (~1:10-1:20) which was quite hard to handle because theres lots of modulation in it. Maybe try some automation.

Well give it a try..

https://soundcloud.com/charly-beck/cbo-rock

low end sounds good, hats are mixed too loud and the instruments in the 200hz - 2khz should be louder.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

haha thank you. i just managed i got an earleak in the lo mid and quickly added some energy to the hats without carefully checking. that fits perfectly your description ;-)

ok i reworked over the mix and uploaded a new version under the link above. should be much better now ^^ thanks for the advice.

mids and mid-lows are filling in well now, but hats are still too loud on the spectrum analysis. (5khz - 12khz)
this is for critical listening, though. it will please those that prefer high end sizzle.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

yeah for sure. i put a little less again. and made the kick more punchy. (i once let master a track from a pro and this kick is even more punchy. still trying to get this sound but its not easy.)

i also made the vox bit quiter and put some power to the mid channel.

thank you for your attention. this one takes really long.

Return to “Music Cafe”