PRODUCTS
TDR Nova TDR Nova GE

http://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-nova-ge/

What do you guys think? :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :tu: :party:

I think I'm gonna be 40 euros poorer :D

The non-GE free version is up too: http://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-nova/

shonoob wrote:http://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-nova-ge/

Nova GE is absolutely fantastic, a swiss army knife of eq, compression and dynamics. :tu:

AegisPrime wrote:I think I'm gonna be 40 euros poorer :D

The non-GE free version is up too: http://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-nova/
time to check it out

quote="Beatworld"]
shonoob wrote:<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">http://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-nova-ge</span>/

Nova GE is absolutely fantastic, a swiss army knife of eq, compression and dynamics. :tu:[/quote]

you got it already?

Damn this EQ is no joke! Nice work boys!

All of their plugins are incredible sounding! The quality on these is up their with some of the most expensive processors you can buy. I'll be buying all of their GE editions when i get a bit more funds available. The free versions are more than powerful enough and will keep my busy until then. :tu:
:borg:

shonoob wrote: you got it already?
Yep had it for a month or so, beta team :party:

V0RT3X wrote:All of their plugins are incredible sounding! The quality on these is up their with some of the most expensive processors you can buy. I'll be buying all of their GE editions when i get a bit more funds available. The free versions are more than powerful enough and will keep my busy until then. :tu:
prices on these seem extremely fair

Beatworld wrote:
shonoob wrote: you got it already?
Yep had it for a month or so, beta team :party:
Dam. Since you've had it fairly long, have you any comments on the VST? what do you use it for mainly? :party:

shonoob wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:All of their plugins are incredible sounding! The quality on these is up their with some of the most expensive processors you can buy. I'll be buying all of their GE editions when i get a bit more funds available. The free versions are more than powerful enough and will keep my busy until then. :tu:
prices on these seem extremely fair

They are, but I ran out of money this month after spending $250.00 USD for the U-he FX bundle in the charity auction. If i had the spare funds, trust me i would be buying these along with the Reaktor 6 update :hihi:
:borg:

In the end, it's all down to the details.

KEEP IN MIND:
NOVA is NOT your go-to serial type EQ. it's a parallel EQ with additional "dynamic" section.
Want a serial type dynamic EQ - look at the competition.

NOVA vs NOVA-GE comparison:

Code: Select all

NOVA                                NOVA GE                                    FEATURE

4 bands                             6 bands                                    Available Frequency Bands
Only up to 24dB/oct                 Up to 120dB/Oct                            Low Pass / High pass
Just Bypass                         EL Bypass (Equal Loudness Bypass)          Frequency Module
only Compression                    Compression / Expansion                    Dynamic processing
No EL Gain                          EL Gain/Trim (Equal Loudness Gain/Trim)    Output Gain
Eco / Precise                       Eco / Precise / Insane                     Processing Mode
Hope I didn't miss anything from first glance.

Those that already used NOVA-67P, should find their way into NOVA/NOVA GE easily. Though keep in mind, this is a complete new product!
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

shonoob wrote:Dam. Since you've had it fairly long, have you any comments on the VST? what do you use it for mainly? :party:
Nova is very versatile.
You need to try it your self or at least read the manual as there is a lot going on under the hood.

I think it works really well as dynamic EQ and as a de-esser.
Bu they are just two quick examples, the options are as broad as your imagination.

It is versatile no doubt, but saying it is...
Beatworld wrote:a swiss army knife of eq, compression and dynamics. :tu:
...is a bit of a stretch.

Just a couple of years ago, nobody was interested in any dynamic EQing. The concept was new and hard to understand. Then some companies hit the market with simplified designs (and thankfully a couple of tutorials) and now people rave that it is the best (and only) thing since sliced bread. I definitely beg to differ.

NOVA (and it's original incarnation) is definitely specia, no doubt:
- Yes, it can be a normal compressor (Wideband mode), even with external sidechain (possible in Cubase with the QUADRO Group trick)
- yes, it is an additional dynamic EQ
- yes, normal EQ work is possible but it is NOT a serial EQ - it's a parallel EQ

Parallel EQ's tend to be more "soft" sounding on boost rather than serial EQ's (which tend to get really harsh). It's ideal work area is Mastering, not necessarily individual channel usage (except for de-essing, emphasizing certain drum hits or vocal parts once a certain threshold was reached for the particular frequency band).

It is a "special tool for a special task" after all. Saying it is a go to EQ, and therefore a "swiss army knive", is like beating eggs with a power drill and a wisk attachment. Or mashing potatoes with an electric sledgehammer.

Just my humble 2c.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:It is versatile no doubt, but saying it is...
Beatworld wrote:a swiss army knife of eq, compression and dynamics. :tu:
...is a bit of a stretch.

It is a "special tool for a special task" after all. Saying it is a go to EQ, and therefore a "swiss army knive", is like beating eggs with a power drill and a wisk attachment. Or mashing potatoes with an electric sledgehammer.
Fair enough.
By Swiss army knife I simply meant it has many features, like a Swiss Army knife.
If you thought I meant it was now my "go to EQ" you misunderstood me but I can see how that happened. :wink:
Last edited by Beatworld on Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

DELETED

Return to “Effects”