Cubase 8.5 here any day now...and the day has come

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

I was looking at Cubase Artist 8 upgrade options - and it says as last alternative Cubase Artist 8 update???

- What do they mean, update 8 to 8?

And selecting that you get a text saying Cubase Artist 8.5 update from Cubase Artist 8 - €49 - and available.

So a web designer blooper probably revealing the near future.

Black friday or beginning december?

EDIT: Title update
Last edited by lfm on Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

lfm wrote:I was looking at Cubase Artist 8 upgrade options - and it says as last alternative Cubase Artist 8 update???

And selecting that you get a text saying Cubase Artist 8.5 update from Cubase Artist 8 - €49 - and available.

May be new feature - "preorder" :D

Yes. Their whole website has been strangely slow lately (except the shop heh). I hope this is the case. But my bigger hope is that they have addressed some hardcore standout issues (mixer undo, bezier curves, better automation lanes, etc). Heck it is a long list.

Still my favorite.

I predict announcement this week, available early December. At least that's how it was in previous years.

Perfect, then I can activate my Pro 8 and get grace period for it.

I assumed having 30% off sales as late as september that release might be january or so.
Last year, last sale was august as far as I remember.

lfm wrote:I was looking at Cubase Artist 8 upgrade options - and it says as last alternative Cubase Artist 8 update???

great find :)

last 3 releases - 3rd, 4th, 5th December... So expecting the same this year... I'm hoping so, as then I will be in the usual grace period :) (6 weeks)

I'll place my bets on... Tue 2nd December.

lfm wrote:Perfect, then I can activate my Pro 8 and get grace period for it.

Smart strategy, that.

I'm tempted to upgrade my 7.5 to 8 ($99) for the same reason.

On the other hand, I haven't done any real work in Cubase since 6.5 because I just can't connect to the new console/color scheme. Yes, I know a lot of people like it, but a lot feel as I do -- and why Steinberg have stubbornly locked the look down is just baffling to me.

To be honest, I haven't paid much attention to recent updates, but every console screenshot I see still looks like 7 -- dark, dark, and more dark. Have there been any significant changes in this area? (And I mean allowing full customization, not changing, say, only from black to gray).

I guess I've talked myself out of it -- lol. For now, anyways. But if anyone can point me to a screenshot of a lighter-hued console... maybe 8.5 finally allows it?... I'd put my order in today.

flugel45 wrote:-- dark, dark, and more dark. Have there been any significant changes in this area? (And I mean allowing full customization, not changing, say, only from black to gray).

I guess I've talked myself out of it -- lol. For now, anyways. But if anyone can point me to a screenshot of a lighter-hued console... maybe 8.5 finally allows it?... I'd put my order in today.
Proper set of themes would be great.

I don't get this dark-dark themes. Most of the time we don't see that there are scrollbars even. Hardware settings for Avid Fast Track Solo, there is a slider to set buffer size - I missed that completely until I read pdf manual there is to be a slider. Same with Sonar new startup screen - did not see for a while there was a scrollbar to look at more than 8 projects.

I set my screen to fully comply with 0-255 grayscales, I can see them all - so it seems that devs have some extreme contrast settings that they choose these colors.

flugel45 wrote:
lfm wrote:Perfect, then I can activate my Pro 8 and get grace period for it.

Smart strategy, that.

I'm tempted to upgrade my 7.5 to 8 ($99) for the same reason.

On the other hand, I haven't done any real work in Cubase since 6.5 because I just can't connect to the new console/color scheme. Yes, I know a lot of people like it, but a lot feel as I do -- and why Steinberg have stubbornly locked the look down is just baffling to me.

To be honest, I haven't paid much attention to recent updates, but every console screenshot I see still looks like 7 -- dark, dark, and more dark. Have there been any significant changes in this area? (And I mean allowing full customization, not changing, say, only from black to gray).

I tested the latest C8 a couple of weeks ago, and I didn't find anything like themes, customizations for the mix or setting the contrast. Decided not to buy the update, like you I cannot really work with theses gray on black user interfaces. Plus there were so many usability hassles, bad implementations and stupid design choices/mistakes, it really doesn't deserve the "pro" name. E.g. I counted about six (!!) different slider implementations, most of them hard to use because they are too thin and hard to conveniently operate with a mouse. Or, as already said, not even really visible. And don't get me started on those horrible hover/mouse over buttons on the inserts and sends. And that longer names are cut off on the insert fields but on the send fields three omission dots ("...") make the names practically indecipherable...
I sent a long list of bugs and fuckups like that to steinberg but never even received an answer.
I'm going to stay on C6.5 as long as I can.

do you know what the 8.5 update will contains ?

flugel45 wrote:...To be honest, I haven't paid much attention to recent updates, but every console screenshot I see still looks like 7 -- dark, dark, and more dark. Have there been any significant changes in this area? (And I mean allowing full customization, not changing, say, only from black to gray)...
How's this?
Cubase.jpg
A bit extreme?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ayorinde wrote:
flugel45 wrote:...To be honest, I haven't paid much attention to recent updates, but every console screenshot I see still looks like 7 -- dark, dark, and more dark. Have there been any significant changes in this area? (And I mean allowing full customization, not changing, say, only from black to gray)...
How's this?
Cubase.jpg
A bit extreme?

just a tad :hihi:

I hasten to add that my usual colour scheme is a dark-ish faded green...

Ayorinde wrote:I hasten to add that my usual colour scheme is a dark-ish faded green...
Forgot the attachment... :dog:
Cubase Green.jpg
(Quality's rough - only 256kb allowed for attachments.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”