Galbanum Architecture Wavetable Usage

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HALion 7

This thread is for discussing compatibility, installation, and usage of the Galbanum Architecture Waveforms 2010 Wavetable Format. As I do not own every synth in existence, it is cool to know what you guys have tried and what works and what does not, and what is highly requested to look into and attempt to support.

No sales discussion in this thread. Just technical and usage things please.

Tech specs are:

2048 samples per waveform
32-bit floating point
256 max waveforms per wavetable

Sample Rate header is set at 44.1K, but this is generally irrelevant to a proper wavetable synth.

I will keep a list of checked synth hosts here. I will adjust this as people post their experiences below, and I have an opportunity to look into the reports over the next week.

EXPLICITLY CONFIRMED TO HAVE OPTIMAL COMPATABLITY
  • Xfer Records Serum
  • UVI Falcon (must append "_2048" to the file names currently)
CONFIRMED TO HAVE OPTIMAL COMPATABLITY IN A FUTURE UPDATE
  • Synapse Dune
  • Tone2 Icarus
CONFIRMED TO LOAD AND USABLE BUT POTENTIALY LIMITED
  • Waves Codex (max 64 samples per waveform)
REPORTED BY USERS TO LOAD
  • MuTools Mux
UNKNOWN & REQUESTED
DEMO WAVETABLE FORMAT FOR TESTING IN YOUR SYNTH HOST

http://www.galbanum.com/content/product ... leDemo.zip
Last edited by Andrew Souter on Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:01 pm, edited 8 times in total.

for Falcon you can just drag and drop right into the wavetable osc display no issues. waveform shows up in display as well.

Spectral - SPM - Log 01.wav only loads correctly as a wavetable by renaming it to Spectral - SPM - Log 01_2048.wav

[edit] for Falcon [/edit]
Last edited by asseca on Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cool. I'll follow this and make sure I don't overlook any opportunities. These things are burning a hole in my drive waiting to be further unleashed. Andrew, do you want me to play typo fascist regarding your OP? :roll:

:tu:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

asseca wrote:Spectral - SPM - Log 01.wav only loads correctly as a wavetable by renaming it to Spectral - SPM - Log 01_2048.wav
Do you mean specifically for use in Falcon? So falcon requires that the file name be appended with the number of samples in the individual waveforms? That's simple enough.

Anyone know what the limit is, if any, on how many waveforms per wavetable Falcon can handle?

rustman wrote:Cool. I'll follow this and make sure I don't overlook any opportunities. These things are burning a hole in my drive waiting to be further unleashed. Andrew, do you want me to play typo fascist regarding your OP? :roll:

:tu:

I think I got em. :wink: if not, sure, let me
Know.

Well the demo file seems to load and work OK in Mutools Mux
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Galbanum wrote: Do you mean specifically for use in Falcon? So falcon requires that the file name be appended with the number of samples in the individual waveforms? That's simple enough.
Yep. Or we do read Serum custom wav chunk if any.
Galbanum wrote: Anyone know what the limit is, if any, on how many waveforms per wavetable Falcon can handle?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkEXGgdqMz8
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

please also provide in the Zebra format.

ya, i noticed that some people said in the other thread 'oh, you can use such and such a tool to create them' ... but that's true of all the wavetable formats - we can use a tool to create our own either from Architecture waveforms or otherwise. the whole point of this wavetable bundle is you're doing the conversion for us - which is why we're paying you, etc.

at least that's why I will pay you - it's not because I don't know how to make a wavetable from a selection of waveforms, or lack the tools.

Galbanum wrote:
asseca wrote:Spectral - SPM - Log 01.wav only loads correctly as a wavetable by renaming it to Spectral - SPM - Log 01_2048.wav
Do you mean specifically for use in Falcon? So falcon requires that the file name be appended with the number of samples in the individual waveforms? That's simple enough.
Yes, I mean for Falcon. Sometimes Falcon can automatically read the 2048 samples per waveform without the "_2048" at the end of the file name, don't really know how this works...

Hey Andrew,

The documentation links didnt work for me.

also, do you use any custom chunks in the WAV file?

Thanks and Happy Holidays!
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

your waveforms are really top notch
but,just a question, the wavetable are"interpolate" with crossfade or spectral ?
are they ready to be modulate like in massive, because, for the price, it's a no brainer

kokotte wrote: just a question, the wavetable are"interpolate" with crossfade or spectral ?
that will depend on the instrument that the wavetable is loaded in to, surely.

Daags wrote:please also provide in the Zebra format.

ya, i noticed that some people said in the other thread 'oh, you can use such and such a tool to create them' ... but that's true of all the wavetable formats - we can use a tool to create our own either from Architecture waveforms or otherwise. the whole point of this wavetable bundle is you're doing the conversion for us - which is why we're paying you, etc.

at least that's why I will pay you - it's not because I don't know how to make a wavetable from a selection of waveforms, or lack the tools.
Yes agree if you have a previous format of the library such as wav-32 you are paying now for "conversion service". That's why it's only $15 ATM for crossgrade. It did take a few full days to study, convert, and check them all. Prob it can't be done much faster and I guess most people have a higher hourly rate than that.

Re Zebra, I'd love to do it. I've talked to Urs many times about it and for some reason it did not happen yet. I'll investigate again. I think Urs is doing really great work. :tu:

Last edited by lofty on Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”