TrackSpark Monthly Goody Bags

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRian
915 posts since 25 Dec, 2007 from Hamburg,Germany

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:24 am

Thought it may be of interest to have a dedicated thread for the TrackSpark Monthly Goody Bags.
Could be anything like announcement of next upcoming items, discussions on topic items, feedback on TrackSpark etc.

I understand the limitations to have TrackSpark on "Effects" section
and the best place for TrackSpark would be under "Official Company Forums", but ...

1. this needs to be established by TrackSpark
2. the core goodies up to now have been vst`s,

so TrackSpark on "Effects" section is meant to be a temporary topic until it`s on the proper space.

I`m sarting with January 2016 and here is January's goody bag --

The Abuser distortion unit from Audiority worth $49
80 awesome drum loops
EDM Remedy sample pack from Electronisounds
The importance of editing by Björgvin Benediktsson of http://www.audio-issues.com
A/B-ing your mix tutorial by Rich Lewis
The Bell From Shelf by http://www.atomhub.net

Feedback so far (taken from Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.):
dwozzle wrote:
rockhopper wrote:January Track Spark just appeared in my inbox :-)
msorrels wrote:The January bag email says it won't be available till Sunday though. :-<
DJBuddhaBear wrote:I think it was the 3rd last month as well.
Well it's Sunday 1/3, and I got receipts from them and from PayPal for the new month, all good.

But the download link in the Track Spark email gets me the December bundle, again. That's what shows on their home page too.

Two things wrong w that: It's not the new January content, and it used up another December download. Actually two, since I didn't save the first time I clicked it, thinking it was wrong, which still used up a download, then I actually did download it to make sure the actual content was from last month, and it wasn't just a wrong file name.

Anyone else getting this?
I personally haven`t received any kind of mail (spam folder checked).
Last edited by Omkar on Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W7 Pro SP1 64bit | Samplitude Pro X3 Suite

KVRian
1063 posts since 28 Dec, 2012 from Boston area

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:33 am

Thanks for starting this Omkar. You're right, it is better to have all info about this in one place.

Ideally they'd have their own forum here, like many devs do, especially since their bundles are really effects AND instruments AND soundware AND production techniques, but they're not really developers themselves.

KVRian

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:35 am

My other relevant reply, copied from bargains discussion:
dwozzle wrote:Emailed Track Spark, got this reply almost instantly:
I'm really sorry about that. We had a big delay with the Jan bag and we're uploading it now. I sent an email the other day to say it would be today but maybe it didn't come to you. Will be in touch very soon.

Please accept my apologies.

All the best,
Tim
Doesn't quite cover the situation, but it looks at least like they're on it.

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:47 am

dwozzle wrote: Ideally they'd have their own forum here, like many devs do, especially since their bundles are really effects AND instruments AND soundware AND production techniques, but they're not really developers themselves.
Yes, I asked Tim to do so, maybe he will do later.
Since the focus of the goodies have been vst`s I thought it`s the best place until something else takes place.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W7 Pro SP1 64bit | Samplitude Pro X3 Suite

KVRian

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:50 am

Heard back from Tim at Track Spark again, and he resent the notification to me, which now works, even though the download URL is exactly the same as the one in the earlier email, which didn't at that time. My guess is that the download server delivers the latest content, and I got the email to download it before January was actually there, so it gave me December then, and now gives me January. Sorted I think, at least that part.

However, I couldn't find the Abuser plugin download. The link in the Track Spark PDF took me to a page where I filled out my Track Spark details, and it emailed me license info to authorize it, all good. But the plugin itself isn't in the January download, or the email from Audiority, and I couldn't find it on the Audiority site. It doesn't show when I click either the All or Plugin Effects links at the top of the page. The Plugin Effects page is actually empty, which seems pretty weird.

I eventually found it, by going in through the VST Plugins Bundle link, which has a link to that product page. So I'd guess this isn't actually a Track Spark problem, but an Audiority one. Still, they should probably let Audiority know, and/or tell their subscribers how to get it.

Wheeee!

KVRian
1022 posts since 15 Nov, 2005 from Italy

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:37 am

Hi dwoozie,

I guess I recevied your mail about it ;)
For everybody involved in the subscription: the site is fully functional and there are no empty pages. For convenience, I added modified the dedicated Track Spark page so will be easier for you to download the plugin.

Enjoy!
Luca

KVRian

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:58 am

Hi Luca. When I click the Plugin Effects link on the how page, which is where I'd expect to find The Abuser, I see only an empty white box, in both Firefox and Chrome. This is the actual HTML of it:

Code: Select all

<div class="homecontent body3 boxshadow">
  <div style="clear: both;"></div>
</div>
That link is actually this: href="javascript:void(0);", not an actual URL, and I didn't take the time to dig into the code responsible for the intended behavior. (I'm a web dev professionally, but I'm on vacation for another half a day, and it's not my site anyway ;))

If it works for you, and for other people, well it's odd that it doesn't for me, but fine, I got the download through the Bundles link, so I'm sorted. Might want to touch base with some other folks, see if it works for them.

KVRAF
25857 posts since 20 Jan, 2008 from a star near where you are

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:26 am

I had no problem with the registration of the download

But an annoying thing with the installer is that it doesn't seem possible (at least in Windows) to tell it where to place the VST plugs, they get installed by default to the Steinberg folders

As the installer only seem to unpack the VSTs to these locations, I just cut and pasted them to the folder where I wanted them and that seems to work.

As for the plug itself, I find the ValveFilter a much better giveaway, distortion plugs are not my thing, but fair enough, I guess I will find some use for it given time.
Last edited by Numanoid on Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:27 am

You are a step ahead, this moment I received a general commercial to join, at least a vital sign in 2016.

Great to see the dev of this month goodie here, appreciated.

KVRian

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:33 am

dwozzle wrote:Hi Luca. When I click the Plugin Effects link on the how page, which is where I'd expect to find The Abuser, I see only an empty white box, in both Firefox and Chrome. This is the actual HTML of it:

Code: Select all

<div class="homecontent body3 boxshadow">
  <div style="clear: both;"></div>
</div>
That link is actually this: href="javascript:void(0);", not an actual URL, and I didn't take the time to dig into the code responsible for the intended behavior. (I'm a web dev professionally, but I'm on vacation for another half a day, and it's not my site anyway ;))
My bad! I though you were talking about the Plugin Effect bundle page. There was an hiccup with the product category, now fixed.

Thanks,
Luca

KVRian

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:17 pm

Thanks Luca.

Quick heads-up for people using this on Windows. The Abuser installer didn't put the 64 bit dll where I told it to. I sent details to Luca, so it'll probably get fixed, but in the mean time, check here:
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins\

If you find TheAbuser_x64.dll in that location, and that's not on your 64 bit VST path, manually copy the file where you want it, and restart your host. Worked for me.

I didn't install the 32 bit version, so I don't know if it goes where you say or not.

KVRian

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:04 pm

A new Windows installer has been uploaded that will solve the custom locations issue.
Furthermore, looks like there was some issues with yahoo mail users. If you didn't received your license information within few minutes after the form submission, please go back to the site and try again.

Cheers,
Luca

KVRer
21 posts since 5 Jan, 2015

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:20 pm

Hi Luca,

I have a yahoo email address that I'm registered with, and I've tried several times, and when I fill out my info to get the Abuser license, it says "Email address not found" every time. What should I do to get it to recognize my email address? Thank you very much!

(Just in case, I'll clarify that I'm downloading, and trying to retrieve the license through Track Spark. I figure you know that, given the thread, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks again!)

KVRian

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:26 pm

Hi Dro,

please get back to me in pm with your email address, so I can check it out.

Thanks,
Luca

KVRian

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:31 pm

Props to Luca and Audiority for jumping on this stuff so quickly :)

Return to “Effects”