IK and Gavin Lurssen set to unveil revolutionary mastering product at NAMM 2016

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRAF
7248 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Post Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:39 am

IK and Gavin Lurssen set to unveil revolutionary mastering product at NAMM 2016!

Come see it at Room 210B, January 21-24, Anaheim, California

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asYoz67iQ1E

What do you get when a multi-Grammy award winning mastering studio teams up with the global leader in mobile music creation and production tools?

At NAMM 2016, Lurssen Mastering and IK Multimedia will unveil a totally unique mastering product that brings the finesse, expertise and creative insight of the award winning mastering studio and innovative technological leadership of IK to musicians, producers and engineers around the globe.

Gavin Lurssen is the Chief Mastering Engineer for Lurssen Mastering and has been a mastering engineer since 1991. Gavin is a seven-time Grammy nominee and has won four Grammys and awarded two TEC awards for outstanding facility and for mastering. He is a graduate of The Berklee College of Music in Boston and is a recipient of their Distinguished Alumni Award for his achievements in mastering. Gavin is currently serving a second term as the professional development committee co-chair for the Board of Governors of The Recording Academy (The Grammys).

Gavin has mastered albums for renowned artists such as Foo Fighters, Ben Harper, Queens Of The Stone Age, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Eric Clapton, Miranda Lambert, Rickie Lee Jones and Elvis Costello. The extent of his mastering isn't limited to just music artists. Gavin also worked on the soundtracks from the video game, Titanfall as well as movie soundtracks from Cars 1 & 2, Tangled, The Hunger Games, Crazy Heart, Ratatouille, Nashville TV series and many more.

Want to know what we're unveiling? You'll have to come to the IK Multimedia booth at NAMM, Room 210B for a first-hand glimpse into the future with Gavin Lurssen and the IK team, and to see all of the new industry-leading innovative products from IK Multimedia.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KVRAF
15541 posts since 12 Oct, 2008 from Here and there

Post Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:43 am

The global leader, technological leadership, industry-leading innovative products, woaaa, got anything a bit smaller maybe?

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:50 am

Sampleconstruct wrote:The global leader, technological leadership, industry-leading innovative products, woaaa, got anything a bit smaller maybe?
After 20 years earning it, sorry to disappoint but no we don't have anything smaller for you.

KVRAF

Post Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:54 am

I see.

Pick Me Pick me!
8929 posts since 12 Mar, 2002 from a state of confusion

Post Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:01 pm

Sampleconstruct wrote:I see.
Teddy Riley may not be able to work without it. I wonder if he sits in silence, pondering how he ever got on beforehand? :hihi:

:P

Joking aside, I'm interested in seeing what is announced. Mastering product.. I wonder if this will be an iZotope Ozone competitor?

KVRian
574 posts since 26 Aug, 2005 from North California

Post Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:07 pm

It's one of those 'select a preset and it sounds like mastered by Gavin Lurssen' products.

KVRian
1365 posts since 1 May, 2010

Post Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:10 pm

Ah IK, never change please. I like your extravagant marketing and ur persistence to still post on KVR despite being bullied all the time.

Anyway, i hope it's something like Ozone or some high end Hardware emulation. I'd be disappointed if u're doing another one of those Waves one knob plugins.
musisikamar.com

KVRAF
3271 posts since 7 Aug, 2008

Post Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:13 pm

ksandvik wrote:It's one of those 'select a preset and it sounds like mastered by Gavin Lurssen' products.
Nah, it's their new boutique line. For $100,000, you can get your music to sound like Gavin Lurssen mastered it because he will actually come to your house and master it. :hihi:

KVRian
773 posts since 12 Aug, 2005

Post Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:14 pm

Is it going to be a book with information on how to actually mix and master? And then years of experience in the form of a pill? Hahaha!!! Sorry, I had to say it.

Hate to say it but anything "revolutionary" at this point is shooting pretty high. Revolutionary was the first host and first plug in. Most of this stuff has been baby steps with an evolution every now and again. At this point I think we are doing pretty good as far as audio software tools and competition is high.

KVRAF
5573 posts since 13 Jan, 2005 from the bottom of my heart

Post Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:15 pm

Sampleconstruct wrote:The global leader, technological leadership, industry-leading innovative products, woaaa, got anything a bit smaller maybe?
It's true but unfortunately only by their own standards. :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:17 pm

xamido wrote:Ah IK, never change please. I like your extravagant marketing and ur persistence to still post on KVR despite being bullied all the time.

Anyway, i hope it's something like Ozone or some high end Hardware emulation. I'd be disappointed if u're doing another one of those Waves one knob plugins.
Thanks (after all, I'm still floored by how many people believe success can be achieved in a vacuum without actually marketing your products/services - and that marketing doesn't make great plugins and products bad it just lets people know they actually exist...) and don't let the wild assumptions get you down. NAMM isn't that far off. :)

@jsp1979 - I think he's already available, though probably not for house calls. We overlapped at Berklee but he was further in the program so sadly I did not have any classes with Gavin or anything exciting like that. He's great what he does, we're lucky to work with him.

@murnau - Hardly. The real world is far different than the wild west of KVR and those they demonize and devalue.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:20 pm

Also, I'm assuming people here have actually heard of him? A search of his last name showed zero results here, compared to many results elsewhere so that could be part of the problem. Apologies if I've assumed that more here were actually aware of one of the top mastering engineers in the business.

KVRAF

Post Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:21 pm

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
xamido wrote:Ah IK, never change please. I like your extravagant marketing and ur persistence to still post on KVR despite being bullied all the time.

Thanks (after all, I'm still floored by how many people believe success can be achieved in a vacuum without actually marketing your products/services - and that marketing doesn't make great plugins and products bad it just lets people know they actually exist...) and don't let the wild assumptions get you down. NAMM isn't that far off. :)
Less is more, by far, hyperboling to a certain extend, sure, but there is a border where it just gets ot.

Pick Me Pick me!
8929 posts since 12 Mar, 2002 from a state of confusion

Post Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:36 pm

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Also, I'm assuming people here have actually heard of him? A search of his last name showed zero results here, compared to many results elsewhere so that could be part of the problem. Apologies if I've assumed that more here were actually aware of one of the top mastering engineers in the business.
I hadn't but that is because names don't do a thing for me so I don't pay attention to them... especially for genres of music to which I don't listen. Unless, of course, you suspect the 'average' end user of this software will be able to generate comparable results as said top mastering engineer.

Otherwise, it seems rather dubious to tie a name to a product as it seems to imply one can get comparable results as them. So I'd rather just wait and see what the software is and how well it functions for me, non top mastering engineer, versus the products I already own and use.

On the other hand, if it does generate comparable results, Mr. Lurssen might be in trouble. :hihi:

KVRian
1353 posts since 5 Mar, 2005

Post Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:39 pm

Peter, Will this new Mastering processor be a module for T-RackS? Can't wait to see what exactly it is.
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

Return to “Effects”