Ariston - Decrepit.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Long time no post! Here's a little ditty with a rhythmic twist. Enjoy, and as always, comments or appreciative grunts are welcome!

https://soundcloud.com/ariston/decrepit

The first four beats reminded me of Kylie. The fifth and sixth beats put paid to that myth. I think for the most part this sounded like DM meets the '80s incarnation of TD (particularly the pad progressions) for a jam session. I liked the lead synth that came in at 1:42, and the final section, which sounded like a sixties spy/espionage movie with scenes taking place in Istanbul, or possibly Athens.

Good work :)

cool track, however it all sounds very muffled.... LMAO, JK.... my monitoring system is calibrated accurately and this mix sound great to me :D
good job :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Thanks for listening and for your comments, gentlemen. Always appreciated!

Kylie! *gulp*... ack! :)

I was actually wanting to make a house track, but then I got so bored with 4/4 that it went somewhere else entirely.

Thanks for the mix comment... when making this and other tracks about two years ago, I'd started to rely on several plugins that, to me, are full of Mojo: Satin, The Glue, Satson and SlickHDR from Bootsie. Since migrating to x64, I've been missing out on that last one - it's a doozy. Haven't found an adequate replacement yet.

It started out as a straightforward dance track and got more interesting with every passing minute. Nice keyboard playing. I enjoyed the twists. Good job!

Thanks a lot for listening, Frantz!

Return to “Music Cafe”