Korg Minilogue

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zerocrossing wrote:
eXode wrote:
Daags wrote:lubbly jubbly. lets hope the price is right... for me, that would be 350. or less, obviously.
Rumored price is +/- $500 USD. :)
A four voice analog for $500?
Yeah, most probably just another synth with an "analog engine" that actually has DCOs. If it has VCOs, I'd be blown away. At least some really good "unique" DCO design, as opposed to other modern synths, would be most welcome. I could use that, but I'm not holding my breath. And if it actually has 4 analog filters that actually sound good and are 4-pole, that would also be very surprising. But I expect sameish DCO + lame 2-pole filters, at best. And of course, digital LFOs, envelopes and whatever.
"Music is spiritual. The music business is not." - Claudio Monteverdi

Shy wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:
eXode wrote:
Daags wrote:lubbly jubbly. lets hope the price is right... for me, that would be 350. or less, obviously.
Yeah, most probably just another synth with an "analog engine" that actually has DCOs. If it has VCOs, I'd be blown away. At least some really good "unique" DCO design, as opposed to other modern synths, would be most welcome. I could use that, but I'm not holding my breath. And if it actually has 4 analog filters that actually sound good and are 4-pole, that would also be very surprising. But I expect sameish DCO + lame 2-pole filters, at best. And of course, digital LFOs, envelopes and whatever.
Were the MS-20 and Odyssey DCOs? And sorry, but I vastly prefer 2-pole filters.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Shy wrote:Yeah, most probably just another synth with an "analog engine" that actually has DCOs. If it has VCOs, I'd be blown away. At least some really good "unique" DCO design, as opposed to other modern synths, would be most welcome. I could use that, but I'm not holding my breath. And if it actually has 4 analog filters that actually sound good and are 4-pole, that would also be very surprising. But I expect sameish DCO + lame 2-pole filters, at best. And of course, digital LFOs, envelopes and whatever.
The filter(s?) is switchable 4-pole / 2-pole.

Shy wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:
eXode wrote:
It says VCO on the synth's front panel.

Looks great :)
If it has the same fat sound that the volca bass have i will buy 1 or 3 if the price is around $500 :tu:

Looks nice. Wonder what it sounds like.

Why can I now not get Kylie out of head! Grrr....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPwtJ89jes4

:lol: me too. Wasn't that written on a KORG Triton or similar?

thecontrolcentre wrote::lol: me too. Wasn't that written on a KORG Triton or similar?
Me three. :wheee:

And yes, Rob Davis:

"The whole Kylie record was done on the Triton. The hi-hats, bass drum, snare, that's all off the Triton. There's another hi-hat off the Triton, a loop which was out of the Akai, and I think the shaker was off the Triton too. I started with the loop and drums, and then put down some chords. There's two basses: an organ bass out of the Triton and a Roland Juno 1, which has blown up since! Strings and Wurli were off the Triton. I sampled the 'las' into the Akai in the end, so they're coming back off MIDI. There's a filtered, gated synth part off the Triton, and a wah-wah guitar from the Johnson J-Station."

D-Fusion wrote:Looks great :)
If it has the same fat sound that the volca bass have i will buy 1 or 3 if the price is around $500 :tu:
It looks like the monotribe so my guess is it's an expanded version of that.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

wow,I'm quite exciting about this synthesiser,I'm after a four voice poly,great looking design,if it sounds 8/10 then I'm in
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

zerocrossing wrote:
eXode wrote:

they sell a three voice for $160 (volca keys)

which, coincidentally perhaps, also comes in a gold colour scheme.

eXode wrote:The filter(s?) is switchable 4-pole / 2-pole.
That would be great. I'm interested where you got this info.
stikygum wrote:It says VCO on the synth's front panel.
D'oh.. I see. So if it really has 8 VCOs, that's great.
Daags wrote:they sell a three voice for $160 (volca keys)
It's not really a "polyphonic synth", because although you can play 3 notes, it's only with 1 oscillator per note and one global filter. No sync, one 2-pole filter, one envelope generator, one LFO, etc.

If minilogue actually has 8 VCOs, 4 VCFs (2-pole/4-pole switchable), sync, good modulation options, etc., for ~$500, that's something that's REALLY worth considering. It's gonna kill the competition if that's true. I haven't considered buying any synth in years, but it even got me interested.
"Music is spiritual. The music business is not." - Claudio Monteverdi

Definitely on my list

No modwheel? (assuming the slider above the logo is for pitch only)
Looks really nice though ...
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”