putte - welcome

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey there. :)

Working on my new album since 3 years, I´m getting closer finishing the shizzle. It´s called 'welcome, escapism' and is my first concept album. Here´s the opener. It´s work in progress, not finally mixed or even mastered.

I thought I just drop it by over here. Opinions are welcome, be it about the song or about the production and sound.

Cheers,
putte

https://soundcloud.com/putte/01-putte-welcome/s-LJg3h

great tune! everything good, vocals, composition and mix. a winner. brilliant work :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

quite beautiful, putte except the introduction of that 4 on the floor beat seems out of place, imho.
and you know you're welcome to escape here at kvr

Like the tune. Has all the elements. Good vocal part. Good orchestration.
It`s far from being produced as good as it could be, and that`s very noticable..but I know you know that, as you say above.
Considering that, I can say it`s a well enough crafted melody , keeps me interested, good sounds and performances.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Very nice!

I'm reminded how much I adore Music Makes Me Love People. Is there anyplace I can still find that song?
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

annode wrote: It`s far from being produced as good as it could be, and that`s very noticable..
yeah, it needs to be brickwalled to death. :roll:

Annode, I´m interested in your opinion about the production. Tell me your findings. :)

putte wrote:Annode, I´m interested in your opinion about the production. Tell me your findings. :)
yes, i'm eager to be educated on what is so "far" from being as good as it can be. :hyper:
Last edited by layzer on Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

putte wrote:Annode, I´m interested in your opinion about the production. Tell me your findings. :)
I`ll PM you Putte when I have something more specific to say. Soon.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Great song! I like the mood and the vocals. :tu:

I think the production is warm and fuzzy. It lacks bass and punch. However, the production enhances the warm feelings the song is trying to convey so I'm not really complaining.

Great song. I like the glitchy elements and the way the re-stated motif manages to persist without becoming boring. This was very pleasant to listen to. Some nice variations in instrumentation too.

Good work :)

Odd. 't internet ate my reply :?
Anyway, I really enjoyed this.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

putte wrote:Hey there. :)
I've been following you for years now and had wondered what you were working on of late (silence typically means work is going on).

Many elements of the song are syncopated and might benefit from a more syncopated kick to complement as well. For example, Mark Bell's work on Björk's Bachelorette (Family Tree Version).

Great to hear your work once again. Will look forward to hearing more.
It's the music that makes the science worthwhile.

excellent, a joy to listen!

Return to “Music Cafe”