No new Kontakt and nothing interesting released at NAMM?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRian
839 posts since 26 Jan, 2014 from United States of America

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:25 pm

Hey there

I was waiting with anticipation of something special being released this NAMM, but looks like nothing happened in software world. I am excited about some modular synths hardware and new yamaha workstation, but with all the invitations to Namm Software and NI promising more Kontact Instruments in the near future, I feel disapointed. Is it too soon? They hardly announce anything new on 2nd or 3rd day. This is all they had to offer, other words- nothing new. :?:

KVRAF
25857 posts since 20 Jan, 2008 from a star near where you are

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:27 pm

How does it compare to NAMM 2015 or NAMM 2014 in your opinion

Then again it is just the North American National Association of Music Merchants.

The real big news will appear at Musik Messe in Frankfurt in April.

KVRAF
2747 posts since 13 Feb, 2012 from Amsterdam

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:31 pm

Did NI ever announce anything at NAMM? I don't recall it.
There may be a new Komplete later this year, seems like a more appropriate moment for NI.

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:31 pm

There definitely more new hardware synths this year, also I already have Motif XS 88, not upgrading to Montage (and what kind of name is it- sounds like Mortgage). I have NI Kontrol keyboard on order waiting to be delivered to me IF nothing will be released at NAMM by NI... Didn't NI attend the NAMM last year? Yes, they can release any time after the NAMM, but it has been dead everywhere. I am surprised hardware doing better than software. I guess I need a bigger practice space...

KVRAF

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:37 pm

Astralv wrote:also I already have Motif XS 88, not upgrading to Montage (and what kind of name is it- sounds like Mortgage)
So you are saying that in addition to NI chickening out, the hardware display is also just a waste of time and fair space based on the name they selected

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:49 pm

I say- NI could announce at NAMM_ it did not have to be actually released. As the old joke says, NAMM stands for "Not available, may be May...". I do not like name Mortgage... meant Montage, but I probably will get used to it. It likely cost $3800, good enough to need a mortgage. I would get it but I do not have real estate in the house for another mortgage.

I was hoping for something new. I do appreciate you posted all those discount codes for Zero G. I am going to buy few libraries when I get home from work, and, probably the Traction new synth... That may hold me through until something else is surfaces.

KVRAF

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:51 pm

Astralv wrote:I do appreciate you posted all those discount codes for Zero G. I am going to buy few libraries when I get home from work, and, probably the Traction new synth... That may hold me through until something else is surfaces.
How's that related to NAMM, Zero-G got a booth there?

KVRAF
21413 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:51 pm

NI doesn't really care that much about NAMM that they would use it for product announcements, just FYI.

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:56 pm

Just saying-Zero G is what I will do to cope with the disappointment. I get disappointed every year. Why not have announcement at NAMM. It is arrogant not to. It is like Microsoft announcing not to attend CES. So many people hoping and expecting and nothing. Boomer. Not even a hint?

KVRist
73 posts since 15 Feb, 2004

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:03 pm

There is a Kontakt point update available - 5.5.2.

Beware the Quoth
29309 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:20 pm

Astralv wrote:There definitely more new hardware synths this year, also I already have Motif XS 88, not upgrading to Montage (and what kind of name is it- sounds like Mortgage).
Montage. Mon-taazh

Mortgage. Mor-gaij

Nope. Not even close.
John Titor died for your sins!

KVRAF
12383 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:31 pm

Astralv wrote:I say- NI could announce at NAMM_ it did not have to be actually released. As the old joke says, NAMM stands for "Not available, may be May...". I do not like name Mortgage... meant Montage, but I probably will get used to it. It likely cost $3800, good enough to need a mortgage. I would get it but I do not have real estate in the house for another mortgage.
When you need a lot of music but you don't have a lot of room you need a Montage.
When you want to showcase different sounds with only one keyboard you need a Montage.
Montage, you need a Montage.

KVRian
691 posts since 28 Sep, 2012 from Norway

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:34 pm

I thought that Arturia's MatrixBrute looked great. Now to hear a yt demo. Way out of my pricerange atm, but... Off to bed and maybe dream a bit

KVRAF
1845 posts since 30 Aug, 2012 from Sweden

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:46 pm

Astralv wrote:Just saying-Zero G is what I will do to cope with the disappointment. I get disappointed every year. Why not have announcement at NAMM. It is arrogant not to. It is like Microsoft announcing not to attend CES. So many people hoping and expecting and nothing. Boomer. Not even a hint?
Poor you :help: :hihi:

KVRian
943 posts since 11 Dec, 2014 from one rocky mountain to another

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:58 pm

ghettosynth wrote:
Astralv wrote:I say- NI could announce at NAMM_ it did not have to be actually released. As the old joke says, NAMM stands for "Not available, may be May...". I do not like name Mortgage... meant Montage, but I probably will get used to it. It likely cost $3800, good enough to need a mortgage. I would get it but I do not have real estate in the house for another mortgage.
When you need a lot of music but you don't have a lot of room you need a Montage.
When you want to showcase different sounds with only one keyboard you need a Montage.
Montage, you need a Montage.
I think you may be on to something.

Return to “Instruments”