putte - welcome, escapism [unfinished album]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Welcome, escapism

... is the name of my first conceptalbum and my take on telling a story. It´s about being welcome, escaping, being home, overtaxing, people always knowing better, fear, xenophobia, about being a slave to the rhythm of todays information and finally love.
It´s about my personal escapism dealing with this world opening rooms behind all the doors and windows.

The work on this album helps me to handle these crazy times. Music as a place to retreat. A person being super important to me told me recently: "Putte, of all your escapisms there´s just one I like: the one into your music, because then you´re right where you´re really at."

At the same time I wish that my forthcoming and yet unfinished album 'welcome, escapism' isn´t a closed room and mindfucked sphere just dealing with myself. I tried to keep the doors and windows a bit open, I want others to have access. Anyway, in the end it´s just music that plays besides all explanations. ;)

my little experiment

I know that releasing unreleased stuff usually isn´t the way to go. But this is KVR with me being a member since almost 15 years now. It´s a good place. Therefor I want to present this work in progress one by one in chronological order. Not mastered, not finally mixed, and even though it´s quite far there´s still things to do. :)

All in all I´m working on it since 3 years - breaks inbetween - but since a year I´m into it on a daily basis. (I hope to release in spring or summer as CD and download. Most likely on my own, as I have no clue what kind of labels I could address.)

Enough talking, here´s the opener as it sounds right now:

https://soundcloud.com/putte/welcome-un ... 36/s-w6SKi

long time no hear. zumindest aus meiner perspektive.

topding.

still enjoying "saii" from time to time.

cheers,
tl.

Its good to see you posting again! I'm heading off to bed right now, but I'll check it out tomorrow. :)
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Thanks guys, well appreciated. And it´s good to see some oldtimers being around. :)

Here goes the second song: it´s all about doors

After the warm opener 'welcome' this one is a simple portrait viewed soberly: doors are open, doors are closed. Sometimes it´s me opening or closing them to others, sometimes it´s those others doing it to me. This happens on a small scale and on the big one - in friendships and relationships as well as with nations and their refugees.

https://soundcloud.com/putte/02-its-all ... 28/s-tNIk0

beautiful music and quite unique. nice integration of noisy stuff. a lot of dynamic changes. it breathes. :clap: :love:
thank you very much for sharing, Putte!
"It dreamed itself along"

Very nice!!! Me likes! And good to see you posting here again...
It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

Thanks a lot for the feedback. Well appreciated, guys. :ud:

the second one... another direction but still with a puttesque vehicle.
i really like it.

great approach as far as i can see... conceptual.

cheers,
tl.

Compelling and imaginative work love the vocals as well. Put me down for a CD :-)
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet

Waits for track 3 to open...

Thanks again for the feedback, it keeps me going. :party:

03 my escapism

This one is about my escapism. About the need to leave and run - about shutting the door in order to retreat. The situation of this place (the world) can stress me out, sometimes it´s hard for me to handle it. Therefor escapism. Music is a good place to hide in. ;)

https://soundcloud.com/putte/03-my-esca ... 35/s-kOysz

Wish you the best!
You'r really going somewhere with this project.
Congratulations!
Really.

Thanks a lot, nordickvr! :)

04 there´s (my) room

After "my escapism" now the retreat, closing the door behind me to be all alone in my room. Somehow my fave track of the album, as I need this quiet state being with myself again and again in order to get along.

https://soundcloud.com/putte/04-theres- ... 23/s-aXX89
Last edited by putte on Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

putte, this is fun to follow. serious fun.
again: great work.

both of them, with their cinematic character, fit into the conceptual framework of your project very well - as far as i can retrace it.
the third track is my personal favorite atm. - with its well layed out multipart nature and given through your confident handling of found sounds, effects, turns and minibreaks. it develops, picks me up, talks to me.
the fourth is good, very good imo. contemplative. a soundtrack for a stream of a rather reposing consciousness. but its weight on strings and its orchestral touch are not exactly my cup of tea.

cheers,
tl.

Return to “Music Cafe”