Metaphysical Fabrications: Free presets, samples, & features for Reaktor’s Metaphysical Function

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks! Sounds good

Thanks for the kind comments. Really glad to hear you are all enjoying it! :)
Sound Designer @contortDistort
www.contortDistort.com

gaf_thit wrote:
Preset 'Bumps in the night' could be the theme for KVR's Market Place. :)
Nice :) “Bumps in the night” is a fun one. For extra fun, try loading in the Travelizer or GrainStates instrument into the ensemble and hook up it’s output to the input to the MF input. Then turn the Samp/In knob all the way to the right to the “In” position ;)
www.contortDistort.com

spirit wrote:Great demo sounds and very generous offer! One question: is this OK for Reaktor 5?
Like aMUSEd and richiehoop mentioned. It works in Reaktor 5 (version 5.9.4 to be specific). Also worth mentioning that it works in Reaktor 6 too, with the exception of a small bug: When you turn the audio engine on and off the sampler doesn’t play. A work around is to just choose another snapshot and it will start right up. This also happens in the bundled factory version of Metaphysical Function, so I’ll need to contact NI support as it seems to be a bug in Reaktor 6.
www.contortDistort.com

tatanka wrote: One question only: is there any way to start/stop the playing from the sequencer ? I use it in Tracktion and have problems saving my projects while the ensemble is endlessly playing, did not find a way to start/stop it in sync with the sequencer.
That functionality isn't included, but if you open up the MF instrument and stick an envelope between the Mix and Inserts macros, that should do the trick. If you're going to do that, you may want to also enable the “Sampler Midi Trigger” and “Automation Midi Trigger” buttons (check out section 5 and 8 in the ReadMe file).
www.contortDistort.com

Hi kjeldsen,

thank you very much for your answer, but I am afraid I just have not the knowledge for way one you described (I have no knowledge at all "opening" an ensemble), way two, if I get it right, wont help cause I dont want to restart the ensemble with midi input, it should (randomly) "flow" on for the whole song like it does.

So I think I will have to render to wave (what I hate normally, I just dont like audio in my songs) like bftucker told or just live with it the way it is.

Maybe for an updated version someday ? Would be really appreciated cause the sounds really are THE cream topping of the unexpected on top of the song :D

Will you let us know when you post more videos? I look forward to seeing more and keep checking YouTube but nothing yet
바보

bftucker wrote:Will you let us know when you post more videos? I look forward to seeing more and keep checking YouTube but nothing yet
Thanks for the encouragement. Will definitely let everyone here know when I post the next video. I have another video in the works. I'm hoping I'll be able to release it relatively soon. I'll also be sending out a newsletter to the people who signed up to the mailing list ;)
www.contortDistort.com

Excited to try it. Great demos and thank you!
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

Just uploaded another video covering some of the visual aspects of Metaphysical Function and the sound design process used to create the sounds in the Cool Shapes category of Metaphysical Fabrications.

Hope you all have been enjoying Metaphysical Fabrications! I’d love to hear any work/tracks that you’ve used it in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-uuPlA ... 61d66d11a0
www.contortDistort.com

That vid was very insightful!

I just discovered your MF mod last week and have really enjoyed playing around with it.
Nice work :tu:

lachrimae wrote:That vid was very insightful!

I just discovered your MF mod last week and have really enjoyed playing around with it.
Nice work :tu:
Thanks! Glad you're digging the vid and the mod :)
www.contortDistort.com

Return to “Soundware”