AMG Solo Thoughts.

Official support for: muon-software.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

Just been using the demo - I downloaded a few REX files that load up with little or no problem.

My thoughts now are that I would like to see the following features in the upcoming 8rack version -

1)Drag and drop Midi file straight into Host sequencer - this has to be more intuitive and quicker than saving out the midi-file.

2)Visuals - It is nice to be able to see the loop - And preferably click on the gui/waveform/loop for sonic feedback/Slice editing ect.

3)It would be nice (For Recycle/Acid) owners to be able to drag and drop the whole loop back and forth between applications for editing.

Otherwise the program appears stable in Orion - I will check this out later in Logic pc.

Look foward to the 'Bigger' 8 Rack version.

Flipper.

1)Drag and drop Midi file straight into Host sequencer - this has to be more intuitive and quicker than saving out the midi-file.
The problem with such a thing is that it is incredibly hard to code it so that it works well in all hosts :-(
2)Visuals - It is nice to be able to see the loop - And preferably click on the gui/waveform/loop for sonic feedback/Slice editing ect.
You'll get this in the big/ONE.
3)It would be nice (For Recycle/Acid) owners to be able to drag and drop the whole loop back and forth between applications for editing.
Given that the REX SDk supplied by propellerheads doesn't allow the export of REX files in any way (drag and drop included) this isn't ever going to work. Dragging WAV files into and out of ACID might work though.

Thanks for the feedback!

Regards
Dave

Will I be able to trigger each track in ONE playing live from my midi controller?

Sure - each track is assigned to a trigger "zone" on your keyboard and you can happily jam away with your loops. Hours of fun :D

Cheers
Dave

I use One/Solo in practically every track I do. If you have a decent amount of acid or rex/rx2 files sitting around then it's a no-brainer purchase :)
I love the envelope controls and the filter. Exporting midi files isn't that bad (it could be better - Dave , I mentioned to you about default filenames for midi export) but it's a couple of simple steps only.
For a simple but flexible way to chuck some drumloops into a track without worrying about tempo, you can't whack it :D

Muon Software Ltd wrote:Sure - each track is assigned to a trigger "zone" on your keyboard and you can happily jam away with your loops. Hours of fun :D

Cheers
Dave
Thanks for the response. Hope ONE will be released soon. Been waiting for Mixman VSTI for a while.. I guess i do not need it anymore.
Thanks..

HI

Starting to feel like perhaps this program should have been left behind closed doors for a bit longer -waiting around for an app isn't much fun and you eventually start to think perhaps there are alternatives avalible now, am i right in thinking eta is november?

Flipper.

There's nothing on the market now or on the radar that has anything like comparable spec or content to ONE. It'll be worth waiting till November for :D

HI

Perhaps - I just stated that having such a protracted 'advertised' development along with an the early partial release is like consumer torture!

Shame you can't get it to load refills!

Flipper.

Sure - in more ways than you can imagine ONE is fast becoming the successor to Neutron :lol:

Regards
Dave

Muon Software Ltd wrote:Sure - in more ways than you can imagine ONE is fast becoming the successor to Neutron :lol:

Regards
Dave
bad move, Dave - we had nearly forgotten about Neutron :hihi:

Could I buy a Downloadable version of SOLO?
Don't seems to have any dealers in the USA and hate to wait 2 weeks for delivery.

I'm not sure, but if you ask Matt over at AMG you could probably buy the version without content and have it delivered electronically (by email maybe?).

Hope this helps
Dave

When I bought solo , I bought it on it's own (i.e. without any sound library) and it was emailed to me.

www.samples4.com should sort you out. :)

<edit>

here's the full link

http://www.samples4.com/catalog/index.p ... 39c0700518

</edit>

Thank you..

Return to “Muon Software”