AudioThing releases Hats - HiHats and Cymbals Plugin - Update v1.5.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hats

First of all, a big thank you to KVR members for all the suggestions and feedback we received during development!
We are very happy to announce the release of Hats - HiHats and Cymbals Synthesizer.

Hats is a drum synthesizer plugin dedicated to hi hats and cymbals sounds.
It features two independent sources: synthesized noise and sample section. Instead of generic white or pink noise, the noise section features 6 square wave oscillators with different pitches and phases, like the famous TR808. The result is a noise sound with a controllable metallic character.

The factory bank comes with more than 50 samples, ranging from rare analog drum machines to real acoustic hi hats and cymbals. Some of the samples were also processed with a classic Aphex Aural Exciter and recorded to tape with a vintage Revox B77 MkII.

Both sources can then be processed with 4 effects: Ring Modulator, Bit Crusher, Filter, and Reverb. The effects can also be arranged in any order with a simple drag and drop.
The filter section features an HighPass and BandPass in series; both filters are 12dB/oct state variable filters.

Details
- Price: $49 / €49 (VAT inc.)
- Two Sources: synthesized noise and custom sample
- 55 Samples / 80 Presets
- Ring Modulator, Bit Crusher, Reverb, Filter (SVF/ZDF)
- Preset system with randomizer
- Formats: VST, VST3, AU, and AAX (64bit)
- Platforms: macOS, Windows

SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/audiothing/sets/hats
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m82I9BA2Ntw
For more information, photos, PDF manual, check out: https://www.audiothing.net/instruments/hats/
Last edited by audiothing on Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:33 pm, edited 7 times in total.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

Looks nice! :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

core wrote:Looks nice! :tu:

wow ! amazing...will you do something similar for kick , snare ,... ?

Looks and sounds great! Can't wait to get my hands on this.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

hivkorn wrote:wow ! amazing...will you do something similar for kick , snare ,... ?
Absolutely, that's the plan. We also have a few more "whole" drum machines to do ;)

cryophonik wrote:Looks and sounds great! Can't wait to get my hands on this.
Thank you! :)

Bought, this is great !!!
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

core wrote:Looks nice! :tu:
Agreed +1

Very nice job on the UI!

This is as exciting as Porsche releasing a new windshield wiper. :ud:

Are you going to release a complete drum machine or are users supposed to stitch together a drum machine out of Clapper, Hats, Latin and other yet to be released drum machine components?

yes
audiothing wrote:
hivkorn wrote:wow ! amazing...will you do something similar for kick , snare ,... ?
Absolutely, that's the plan. We also have a few more "whole" drum machines to do ;)

hivkorn wrote:yes
audiothing wrote:
This thread is nearly a page long...you can't expect anyone to read four posts up. :hihi:

Frantz wrote:This is as exciting as Porsche releasing a new windshield wiper. :ud:
LOL
Frantz wrote:Are you going to release a complete drum machine or are users supposed to stitch together a drum machine out of Clapper, Hats, Latin and other yet to be released drum machine components?
As said before, I have plans for full drum machines (mostly emulation of hardware gear) and other modules.
I've got many requests and suggestions after releasing Hand Clapper! I guess that many (including myself) prefer to build their drums by using different sources together (sample library, synth, etc...). You can also use Hats to just bounce (using the internal function More->Bounce to File) the sample and load it in any sampler you like.

Drum machines as a complete unit hark back to a lost time from years ago, when drum machines where exciting and having all those sounds together was great.
Nowadays anybody who wants great flexibility looks at a single drum machine as a bit of an annoyance "Yes give me a plugin with a built in sequencer that has 0.00001% of the features the sequencer i am going to load it into has, oh and while you are there, limit my audio routing capabilities and FX choices" yep makes sense hahaha
Single drum engines like this are the future, anybody who doesn't see that is kidding themselves
Duh

bungle wrote:Drum machines as a complete unit hark back to a lost time from years ago, when drum machines where exciting and having all those sounds together was great.
Nowadays anybody who wants great flexibility looks at a single drum machine as a bit of an annoyance "Yes give me a plugin with a built in sequencer that has 0.00001% of the features the sequencer i am going to load it into has, oh and while you are there, limit my audio routing capabilities and FX choices" yep makes sense hahaha
Single drum engines like this are the future, anybody who doesn't see that is kidding themselves
If this was in another thread, I would detail my answer. But in short, I think you're 101% wrong, especially because the pseudo choice you describe between single module and full drum machines doesnt reflect neither the reality nor the diversity of the different drum machines one can find. I would not say however that you belong to the last century, but you have certainly a lot of things to explore in this one. As the OP proposes both single modules and full DM, I'll just let him possibly answer, or other posters. YMMV.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Return to “Instruments”