MuZynth

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have the version of Muzys given away with Computer Music Mag. UK. Where can I find MuZynth inside Muzys? Is it only in the purchased version?. Also I only have 5 synth racks & 8 mixer channels, is there a way to add more?. :?

Ajak wrote:I have the version of Muzys given away with Computer Music Mag. UK. Where can I find MuZynth inside Muzys? Is it only in the purchased version?.
My understanding is that the MuZynth is part of the shareware Muzys package and that's the only way to get it. I don't know whether what you get by downloading the Muzys demo is usable w/Computer Muzys or not. And since the Muzys store is closed at the moment, you're sort of out-of-luck on that score.
Also I only have 5 synth racks & 8 mixer channels, is there a way to add more?. :?
Nope. At least, not directly. I think you can explore some of the chainer type programs to expand the VSTi capabiliities.

DaveL

Computer Muzys, the version on the Computer Music magazine cover disk, is a cut down version of Muzys 2.x.

MuZynth was only added in Muzys 3.x, so it's not available in the cut down version.

One of the "cut down" bits is the number of rack entries. Another the lack of multitimbral support for anything but Muon's DS-404.

Thank's pljones that is the information I require, if by multitimbral you mean the ability to play more than one note at once ie chords, then I have had no trouble doing so with various plugins. I had to backup song files outside of Muzys as the saving is unreliable.

Magazines are very crafty about what they don't tell you about their "giveaways", however it got me started. I will post the composition I did using Muzys, if I can I can manage it. 8)

DaveL60 wrote:
Also I only have 5 synth racks & 8 mixer channels, is there a way to add more?. :?
Nope. At least, not directly. I think you can explore some of the chainer type programs to expand the VSTi capabiliities.

DaveL
actually your answer isn't entirely correct as there is an update of ComputerMuzys (1.5) which expands
it to 10 instruments and I don't know what else.... :wink:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Ajak wrote:if by multitimbral you mean the ability to play more than one note at once ie chords, then I have had no trouble doing so with various plugins.
That's polyphonic.

Multitimbral means (very loosely) more than one input channel.

Thank's for the correction, I used to know that once, back in the days of Atari.

Where can I find the upgrade?. 8)

You can get the demo for Muzys 3.x off the Muzys website still, if you try hard. Jo's off somewhere doing something at the moment, so the shop's closed - you can't buy Muzys 3.

jens wrote:
DaveL60 wrote:

DaveL
actually your answer isn't entirely correct as there is an update of ComputerMuzys (1.5) which expands
:oops: - I've just checked it again - I was wrong :help: - the update to 1.5 made it possible to use
15 fx-plugins instead of previously 10 all in all -
sorry :oops: - I am an idiot :(
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

If you can own up to to being an idiot, then you aren't an idiot, just human. 8)

Just so you know, even though you can't save anything with the demo, you can render chunks down to wav. If I remember correctly, I think it lets you render up to 5 or 10 seconds. So if you want some sounds from the muzynth and you can do that, and then take the audio into another app.

Ajak wrote:If you can own up to to being an idiot, then you aren't an idiot, just human. 8)
:oops: thanks for writing that :)

Are you sure?
I have installed CM 1.5, but I can use no more than 5 instruments.. If there is a version of CM with more than 5 VST instruments, please let me know!!! :roll:

Thanks in advance.

---*----
SunnyDay
Last edited by G-Dio on Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The latest version of CMuzys is actually expanded to 15 plugins (fx + vsti), but maximum 5 instruments.

Here are links to the track I created with MuZys:

Bluesotronic
http://www.akajak.plus.com/bluesotronic.ogg (Ogg Vorbis 3.2MEG)
http://www.akajak.plus.com/bluesotronic.ogg (Ogg Vorbis 8.5MEG Better Quality)

WINAMP plays Ogg Vorbis: http://www.winamp.com/player (Free)

VSTi
Drums: DS 404
elogoXa X-cita, KJAERHUS Classic Reverb, KJAERHUS Classic Eq.
Bass: Jx220 Synth (Techno Bit)
elogoXa X-cita
Organ: LIGHTBAG li
elogoXa X-cita
Flute: dmiFlute
Mda Delay
Guitar: Strat-A-Various (Got Your Attention)
KJAERHUS Classic Eq.
http://www.members.shaw.ca/glitch/plugins.html (StrataVar.zip)

Mastering
Kristal Audio Engine
Mda MultiBand Compressor

No hardware was used, I entered all the notes with mouse-clicks. 8)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”