Signalizer: Sidechaining update! Open-source & free audio visualization plugin (v. 0.4.3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ChamomileShark wrote:well I've fallen at the first fence - I can't even download it. Right click on the binary and save as gives me an empty zip folder and nothing else I tried even gets me that far. When I tried the download option it talks about checking out a branch?
The download is a bit confusing, I have to agree.

First you need to go to the download page, then select the file that you actually want to download. For Windows that would be v0.2.5 at this point.

You are then greeted with this screen:
screenshot-bitbucket org 2016-04-18 14-40-42.png
Now you only need to click on "view raw", and your browser should prompt you to download a ZIP file.

In this ZIP file are two subfolders (currently), one called Debug, one Release. The Release folder can be placed freely where your VST Plugins reside.

IMPORTANT:
Your GPU needs to be capable of OpenGL, and your graphics drivers need to(!) be installed. I once had this problem with DMGAudio's Dualism (GUI didn't show up, didn't have GPU drivers installed since I did not need them at this point). Just a thing to keep in mind
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

/* static noise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Very cool! Wasn't able to get it running properly on Reaper Win 7 x64 though. 64bit version doesn't work at all. 32bit version is detected, but it displays no signal, and it crashed after I clicked some of the buttons... Also the resizing the window didn't play nice, but that may be an issue with the "embed window" function in Reaper's bit bridge.

Anyway, hopefully you get these fixed, as the analyzer looks really nice. A couple feature requests here:

1. Robust BPM sync for oscilloscope.
2. Sidechain display for comparing two (or more?) different signals. Example use case: I have a loop, which I run into the analyzer and into the sidechain. I insert a clipper into the main signal path, and can use the analyzer to see when it begins to shave off the peaks. Like the visualization in GClip works basically. To have this BPM synced to the project would be sweet!

Syphon/Spout out would be a very helpful addition to be able to record the video produced.

Compyfox wrote: IMPORTANT:
Your GPU needs to be capable of OpenGL, and your graphics drivers need to(!) be installed. I once had this problem with DMGAudio's Dualism (GUI didn't show up, didn't have GPU drivers installed since I did not need them at this point). Just a thing to keep in mind
There is a software rendering option, although I presume that would tax CPUs more.

hi, I've got it to work in Cubase Pro 8 64bit on Windows 7 64bit using the 64bit version. Seems to work fine. Not much of a discernable CPU hit, I'm not getting any lag on the knobs and three presets are loading fine.

I really like it - used it to look at the effects of various stereo widening tools and I get the impression I'm getting more from it than the other visualization tools I used previously to look at the same thing.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

Really exciting stuff, Well done!
I too am curious about the osc and stats windows?
A few requests... Eye Dropper for color picker (Just cosmetic so it's easier to setup for a particular DAW), A frequency Note indicator in the advanced tooltip, and the option to change the reference tuning (eg-A440) to any option (This last feature is such a dream option... For alternative mixing techniques... A DREAM feature :) )
Definitely will be the go to analyzer for me if it tells me the note values of frequencies... Just brilliant, and easy to use :)
Cheers... V.

Can't wait for oscilloscope view :)

Just tried this in tracktion 7,damn this is a awesome analyzer,looking forward to the other views being implemented

awesome!

George wrote:Can't wait for oscilloscope view :)
Same here. The VectorScope is too distractingly beautiful to get any work done. :D

OMG such a nice spectrogram - especially on Retina!
:-)

I'm waiting for the first person to actually abuse this view mode to draw pictures with it.

Jerobeam Fenderson anyone?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8m5L2gqHPw

Personally, I'd love to see an expansion to multi-channel usage for sure. There are not that many surround vectorscope (goniometers) out there.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

aMUSEd wrote:
There is a software rendering option, although I presume that would tax CPUs more.
Except I tried the software option and it doesn't seem implemented yet - just told me to turn on Open GL.

Sorry for a late reply, I caught the fly so I'm currently low on productivity..
Twrogstudio wrote:This is right up my street! :party:

Can't wait for the final version, it has such amazing potential! :tu:
Thanks for the kind words :)
resistent wrote:First. Thanks for this great freebie - awesome work

At the moment I do not have the possibility to get on my studio / desktop PC but on my laptop I have an issue. The plugin isn't correctly recognized by my DAWs. In Ableton Live 9.6.1 (deep) scan was without success and Reaper 5.1 only finds the x86 version. Any idea?

My laptop setup
Win 7 64-bit Home Premium
Intel i5
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470

Edit FIY : I use a stripped down / audio optimized OS setup. A lot of drivers are disabled but all my plugins (free, commercial, different company) running on my desktop also running on laptop with no issues.
Hmm, no currently not - there could be any number of reasons. But usually, it either has to do with missing dependencies or that the plugin is blocked from execution by anti-malware programs.
As I have no means of debugging this or collecting state info from you, you'll have to wait until I include some more debug in the startup phase - and/or a small host that checks that everything works.
Eleventh wrote:Very cool! Wasn't able to get it running properly on Reaper Win 7 x64 though. 64bit version doesn't work at all. 32bit version is detected, but it displays no signal, and it crashed after I clicked some of the buttons... Also the resizing the window didn't play nice, but that may be an issue with the "embed window" function in Reaper's bit bridge.

Anyway, hopefully you get these fixed, as the analyzer looks really nice. A couple feature requests here:

1. Robust BPM sync for oscilloscope.
2. Sidechain display for comparing two (or more?) different signals. Example use case: I have a loop, which I run into the analyzer and into the sidechain. I insert a clipper into the main signal path, and can use the analyzer to see when it begins to shave off the peaks. Like the visualization in GClip works basically. To have this BPM synced to the project would be sweet!
Yea, I've noticed resizing might be weird in bridges (although it should work as expected). I thoroughly tested it on Reaper, both 32-bit and 64-bit on both Windows 7, 10 and OS X on different machines, and I've never experienced any trouble.. It's hard to say. Anyway, as said above, I'll include some debug functionality for startup-error detection.

Since you said you had a crash, would you mind checking the exception log (if any)? Should be in the plugin folder.
jc_vt wrote:Syphon/Spout out would be a very helpful addition to be able to record the video produced.
I've recieved some e-mails about this as well. I will look into it.
aMUSEd wrote:
The software rendering option is not used right now. Originally all views rendered software (including the oscilloscope, which was actually the first to be developed), however I switched over to OpenGL. In the future, I would like to have both for compability. But yes, it will take many times more CPU and probably look a lot uglier, if ever implemented totally.
ChamomileShark wrote:hi, I've got it to work in Cubase Pro 8 64bit on Windows 7 64bit using the 64bit version. Seems to work fine. Not much of a discernable CPU hit, I'm not getting any lag on the knobs and three presets are loading fine.

I really like it - used it to look at the effects of various stereo widening tools and I get the impression I'm getting more from it than the other visualization tools I used previously to look at the same thing.
Glad to hear you like it :)
viceverser wrote:Really exciting stuff, Well done!
I too am curious about the osc and stats windows?
A few requests... Eye Dropper for color picker (Just cosmetic so it's easier to setup for a particular DAW), A frequency Note indicator in the advanced tooltip, and the option to change the reference tuning (eg-A440) to any option (This last feature is such a dream option... For alternative mixing techniques... A DREAM feature :) )
Definitely will be the go to analyzer for me if it tells me the note values of frequencies... Just brilliant, and easy to use :)
Cheers... V.
Thanks a lot. The eye-dropper makes sense, I'll see how it can be implemented. And I'll add the frequency thingie with reference tuning, should be no problem.
Me neither :)
S-N-S wrote:Just tried this in tracktion 7,damn this is a awesome analyzer,looking forward to the other views being implemented
Thanks a lot!
hibrasil wrote:awesome!
Thanks man. I hope you're noticing the subpixel font rendering ;)
Ridan wrote:
Same here. The VectorScope is too distractingly beautiful to get any work done. :D
I wasted quite a lot of hours zoning out and creating weird images as well...
hibrasil wrote:OMG such a nice spectrogram - especially on Retina!
:-)
:)
Compyfox wrote:I'm waiting for the first person to actually abuse this view mode to draw pictures with it.

Jerobeam Fenderson anyone?
<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8m5L2gqHPw</span>

Personally, I'd love to see an expansion to multi-channel usage for sure. There are not that many surround vectorscope (goniometers) out there.
That was a very nice performance. Multi-channel stuff is considered, but for now I still want to get all the basics done in stereo.
aMUSEd wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Except I tried the software option and it doesn't seem implemented yet - just told me to turn on Open GL.
Yes, see my reply further up in this post.

Return to “Effects”