Signalizer: Sidechaining update! Open-source & free audio visualization plugin (v. 0.4.3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mayae wrote:Sorry for a late reply, I caught the fly so I'm currently low on productivity..
viceverser wrote:Really exciting stuff, Well done!
I too am curious about the osc and stats windows?
A few requests... Eye Dropper for color picker (Just cosmetic so it's easier to setup for a particular DAW), A frequency Note indicator in the advanced tooltip, and the option to change the reference tuning (eg-A440) to any option (This last feature is such a dream option... For alternative mixing techniques... A DREAM feature :) )
Definitely will be the go to analyzer for me if it tells me the note values of frequencies... Just brilliant, and easy to use :)
Cheers... V.
Thanks a lot. The eye-dropper makes sense, I'll see how it can be implemented. And I'll add the frequency thingie with reference tuning, should be no problem.
Wow... That would be incredible... Truely :)
Mayae wrote:
Compyfox wrote: Personally, I'd love to see an expansion to multi-channel usage for sure. There are not that many surround vectorscope (goniometers) out there.
That was a very nice performance. Multi-channel stuff is considered, but for now I still want to get all the basics done in stereo.
This is where I think you can ask for money (Not that you couldn't already), But if this could be used as a multi layered instance analyzer (like Blue Cats MultiAnalizer, Or MAudios MMultiAnalyzer), it would cause some serious noise... In fact I would pay $49AUD tomorrow for that one :) It's just that good. Beautiful. And as soon as it can give me relative tuned note values (Like tuning to 432) I will be pushing it to as many engineers as I can.

I'm excited to see it :) Congrats again, you deserve it.

..haven't had time to play with it enough. probably weekend. The lag I referred to earlier was a slow motioning of everything - and it got worse with time; meaning the more I tweaked, the slower response I saw, including that of the host... more later... and it would IMO be worth $100 multi-instantiated and ghosted.

Hm, I downloaded the Windows zip, unzipped it and put it into my VST folder, but the plugin is not recognized. What could be the problem?

Edit: I tried the x86 version which is recognized and runs in bridged mode. The x64 version is not recognized unfortunately.

Great work, Mayae ! I really know how many hours have been spent to create this kind of software. Maybe I can give you some hints for the multi channel option one day if we find the time.
Compyfox wrote:Not only Melda Production does it, but also BlueCat Audio.
The recently updated low-budget Oscarizor shouldn't be forgotten here - the cheapest (but not worst I hope) of them... :-)
Sugar Audio - Sweetest Audio Plugins
http://www.sugaraudio.com

Sugar Audio wrote:Great work, Mayae ! I really know how many hours have been spent to create this kind of software. Maybe I can give you some hints for the multi channel option one day if we find the time.
Compyfox wrote:Not only Melda Production does it, but also BlueCat Audio.
The recently updated low-budget Oscarizor shouldn't be forgotten here - the cheapest (but not worst I hope) of them... :-)
Really nice! :tu:

viceverser wrote:
Mayae wrote:Sorry for a late reply, I caught the fly so I'm currently low on productivity..
viceverser wrote:Really exciting stuff, Well done!
I too am curious about the osc and stats windows?
A few requests... Eye Dropper for color picker (Just cosmetic so it's easier to setup for a particular DAW), A frequency Note indicator in the advanced tooltip, and the option to change the reference tuning (eg-A440) to any option (This last feature is such a dream option... For alternative mixing techniques... A DREAM feature :) )
Definitely will be the go to analyzer for me if it tells me the note values of frequencies... Just brilliant, and easy to use :)
Cheers... V.
Thanks a lot. The eye-dropper makes sense, I'll see how it can be implemented. And I'll add the frequency thingie with reference tuning, should be no problem.
Wow... That would be incredible... Truely :)
Sometimes your dreams come true ;)
Mayae wrote:
Compyfox wrote: Personally, I'd love to see an expansion to multi-channel usage for sure. There are not that many surround vectorscope (goniometers) out there.
That was a very nice performance. Multi-channel stuff is considered, but for now I still want to get all the basics done in stereo.
This is where I think you can ask for money (Not that you couldn't already), But if this could be used as a multi layered instance analyzer (like Blue Cats MultiAnalizer, Or MAudios MMultiAnalyzer), it would cause some serious noise... In fact I would pay $49AUD tomorrow for that one :) It's just that good. Beautiful. And as soon as it can give me relative tuned note values (Like tuning to 432) I will be pushing it to as many engineers as I can.

I'm excited to see it :) Congrats again, you deserve it.
Thanks for the confidence in the product. But to be honest, I'm not in the game just to stir up some shit and try to capitalize on others' ideas. I consider this a community project, that hopefully - with enough work - will provide a free and open-source platform for developing plugins accessible to all - and accessible for developers.
Debutante wrote:..haven't had time to play with it enough. probably weekend. The lag I referred to earlier was a slow motioning of everything - and it got worse with time; meaning the more I tweaked, the slower response I saw, including that of the host... more later... and it would IMO be worth $100 multi-instantiated and ghosted.
Just an idea, does it only happen while auto-gain mode on the oscilloscope is set active (not zero?)
ZentralmassivSound wrote:Hm, I downloaded the Windows zip, unzipped it and put it into my VST folder, but the plugin is not recognized. What could be the problem?

Edit: I tried the x86 version which is recognized and runs in bridged mode. The x64 version is not recognized unfortunately.
Using Reaper as well? Wait for the next release that will include start-up debugging tools.
Sugar Audio wrote:Great work, Mayae ! I really know how many hours have been spent to create this kind of software. Maybe I can give you some hints for the multi channel option one day if we find the time.
Thanks, yeah.. We're starting to talk fractions of a lifetime here :) And for sure, I'll hit you up if I start working on that.

Mayae wrote:
ZentralmassivSound wrote:Hm, I downloaded the Windows zip, unzipped it and put it into my VST folder, but the plugin is not recognized. What could be the problem?

Using Reaper as well? Wait for the next release that will include start-up debugging tools.
Yes, I tried in Cubase 64 bit and Reaper 64 bit, both recognize the 32 bit dll.

How are your VST folders set up in Reaper? VST folders in Reaper need to be set in a specific order for Reaper to find the correct plugin...

First, you should have separate folders for 32 bit and 64 bit.

Next when you list the paths to your VST folder in Reaper's options, if you are using 64 bit Reaper be sure to list your folders with the 64 bit VST folder 'after' the 32 bit VST folder.

It is the opposite for 32 bit... list your 32 bit VST folder 'after' the 64 bit VST folder.

Hope this helps.
Peace...
bluzkat

bluzkat wrote:How are your VST folders set up in Reaper? VST folders in Reaper need to be set in a specific order for Reaper to find the correct plugin...

First, you should have separate folders for 32 bit and 64 bit.

Next when you list the paths to your VST folder in Reaper's options, if you are using 64 bit Reaper be sure to list your folders with the 64 bit VST folder 'after' the 32 bit VST folder.

It is the opposite for 32 bit... list your 32 bit VST folder 'after' the 64 bit VST folder.

Hope this helps.
I've always split up my folders, so even though this seems weird it could be plausible I never noticed it (haven't tested cubase, though).

If anyone can confirm this, I can forward this info to the helpless souls on my e-mail.

I found some bugs in FL Studio 12.1.3 x64 with the 32-bit plugin (bridge mode), the x64 version of signalizer directly does not work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr_KZZEC_ZI

But, great work !!!

That seems extremely buggy. It seems dragging events are not propagated to the plugin, and moreover seems like something is messing with the window focus... What version of Windows is this? And, are you able to get the x64 version to work natively?

Mayae wrote: What version of Windows is this? And, are you able to get the x64 version to work natively?
Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
Mayae wrote:And, are you able to get the x64 version to work natively?
No :(

Right, so I just published the 0.2.7 version which includes numerous stuff I think you'll like, if not only for the bug fixes.

New features & fixes:
    • Halved cpu-usage on audio thread, depending on sample buffer sizes
    • The analyser box can now be moved while freezing the spectrum view by rightclicking
    • Added ability to adjust reference tuning that controls conversions to/from musical notes
    • Fixed a crash on resizing while using the peak tracker
    • Analysis box now renders in monospace font, and text layout has been reworked so it's much easier to read
    • Analysis box (the peaktracker) now displays seminotes and cents of both the cursor and the tracked frequency
    • Fix for OpenGL crash on switching views
    • Complete auval pass now (fix for incompatible version headers)
    • Fix for x64 binaries not being recognized and/or crashing on Windows
    • Added variable slopes to the graph and spectrum views (to implement pink-noise scaling and such)
    • Fix for DB meter graph in the spectrum view being rendered half-way offscreen (luckily noone has noticed this)
    • Fix for crashes in relation to switching viewing modes and channel configuration modes in the spectrum (this should also fix occasional drop-outs in the spectrogram)
    • Added ability to default reset controls and widgets by alt-clicking them. This will reset them to what the previous loaded preset was.
    • Fixed colouring of textboxes (and their names) in the colour control editor space
    • Windows Vista & XP support
    • Better debug output & fixed up .PDB files
Additionally, I've created a mailing list for getting updates on Signalizer and discussing it:
http://jthorborg.com/mailman/listinfo/s ... orborg.com

I will only update this topic on major changes from now on (if ever) so don't miss out.

I want to thank everybody testing it out and suggested ideas so far (I've written everything down and will see to most of it in due time)! :) Also thanks to all the people sending me bug reports over e-mail so I can provide a less buggier experience for y'all.

The updates binaries can be found at the same place as before.

goleat wrote:
Mayae wrote: What version of Windows is this? And, are you able to get the x64 version to work natively?
Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
Mayae wrote:And, are you able to get the x64 version to work natively?
No :(
Try out the new version :)

Thanks for the new version, it works well now on my system

Clement

Nice ... v0.2.7 works now in all my (x64) daws ... cant wait for the forthcoming features ... great freebie ..
rabbit in a hole

Return to “Effects”