Xhun Audio LittleOne : version 4.x Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
LittleOne

Hello everybody, I'm Bruno from Xhun Audio, and I'm very happy to make a new post/announcement after a very long time of 'radio silence' :)

Today I'm finally announcing that LittleOne version 3.0 is in its final development stage and will be available soon as a public beta for selected registered users.

LittleOne ver 3.0 is a complete reboot of this software. I started its (full 24/7) development back in 2013. Exactly 1 year ago I started the C++ code writing based on the analogue components simulation research of the previous years. I really made of my best in this years to learn things, analogue components physics etc...

It will be full cross-platform compatible with all formats also, and when the final version will be released, all Previous/Registered users will receive the update 100% for free, as I always promised :)

And it is to existing Customers that I would ask a little help/support if possible. It is about the presets banks of the previous versions of LittleOne (1.x and 2.x). LittleOne version 3.0 uses a completely new Presets Engine. Its presets are fully human-readable, and it will be natively compatible with any further LittleOne update/upgrade.

But since previous versions of LittleOne (both 1 and 2) used a totally different/incompatible format (.fxb .fxp), I would ask if some users would be so kind to help me with a "manual conversion" of all the presets in the original, legacy banks. If each one of the existing Customers who wants to help me would convert 20 or 30 presets from the original factory soundbank, it will speed things MUCH MORE then if I'll convert all presets/banks by myself, and so final release day will be much closer.

The legacy soundbanks contained about 300 presets, it's not too much! If you add the content of the "Big Steps" expansion (+ 128 presets), I'll add that presets to the factory bank too. In addition to this, I'll make totally new presets in time for version 3.0 final release.

So if any of you is interested to help/support me with this, he/she will have my eternal gratitude and will receive all the details/infos on how to proceed then (and a copy of LittleOne version 3.0 beta).

Currently this proposal is limited to existing Customes/owners of at least 1 legit license for LittleOne (1 and 2).

Just email me when you want (you can find the email address at the bottom of Xhun Audio website (http://www.xhun-audio.com), or directly replying here on this thread if you wish.

Thank you for your attention, more infos about LittleOne version 3.0 will follow ! :)
Last edited by xhunaudio on Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:31 am, edited 21 times in total.
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

xhunaudio wrote:Today I'm finally announcing that LittleOne version 3.0 is in its final development stage and will be available soon as a public beta for selected registered users.
Congrats :tu:

I got Little One via Beat, so that is excluded?

Hoping you spend some new time with IronAxe too Bruno. Congrats on the hard work. 8)

Numanoid wrote:
xhunaudio wrote:Today I'm finally announcing that LittleOne version 3.0 is in its final development stage and will be available soon as a public beta for selected registered users.
Congrats :tu:

I got Little One via Beat, so that is excluded?
Hi Numanoid,

unfortunately LittleOne Beat Edition uses a completely different (free) license type, so yes it is not considered as a regular license...

Northwood Mediaworks wrote:Hoping you spend some new time with IronAxe too Bruno. Congrats on the hard work. 8)
Sure :), after LittleOne will be ready and released, it will be the time for IronAxe and further unreleased products too.

Woo-hoo! This is good news, LittleOne is a true gem and I'm really looking forward to the newest version! A really fantastic analog emulation which I expect will gain in reputation with this upgrade, and which deserves to be better known.

Bruno, can you do me/us a favor and give v3 a new VST ID, and allow simultaneous installation with v2, so that installing the update doesn't break existing projects?
A well-behaved signature.

hi bruno,

this is great news! I'm a big fan of L1, since v1. the only thing that was always annoying is applying an update. I would really, really appreciate if v3 would allow for automatic upgrade or at least an integrated uninstall of the previous version. that would earn you MY personal eternal gratitude ;)
don't know if I'm much of a preset converter, but if you want me to find out, give it a try.
the status bank will be converted by daniel himself, I assume?

-greetings, markus-

great news. any pricing indication? or does it stay as previous version?

Cross-platform ?
You can't always get what you waaaant...

stanlea wrote:Cross-platform ?
He mentioned "It will be full cross-platform compatible with all formats also"

JerGoertz wrote:Woo-hoo! This is good news, LittleOne is a true gem and I'm really looking forward to the newest version! A really fantastic analog emulation which I expect will gain in reputation with this upgrade, and which deserves to be better known.

Bruno, can you do me/us a favor and give v3 a new VST ID, and allow simultaneous installation with v2, so that installing the update doesn't break existing projects?
Hi Jeremiah, :)

at now LittleOne version 3.0 it uses the same ID as the previous versions and it seems to cause no problems on several hosts... currently I'm using version 3.0 alongside with version 2.0 and everything is ok.

Have you ever had problems with some hosts where 2 plugins share the same ID? May I ask which one (Host)?

EDIT= After thinking a few minutes, yes - you're right Jeremiah, I think in any case it is better to use different VST IDs, some previous users would have the need to use previous versions for any reason (legacy track renderings etc....). So Yes, it will use a different ID :)
Last edited by xhunaudio on Mon May 09, 2016 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kylie wrote:hi bruno,

this is great news! I'm a big fan of L1, since v1. the only thing that was always annoying is applying an update. I would really, really appreciate if v3 would allow for automatic upgrade or at least an integrated uninstall of the previous version. that would earn you MY personal eternal gratitude ;)
don't know if I'm much of a preset converter, but if you want me to find out, give it a try.
the status bank will be converted by daniel himself, I assume?

-greetings, markus-
Hi Markus,

well, the installer I always used (also for ver 1.0 and 2.0) let you install/uninstall using the Windows integrated tool (Programs and Features).

EDIT*= "I heard around" that sometimes it *could* happen that the uninstalling process of a program on Windows is not performed correctly, but it could happen only on 'manually reduced' Windows O.S. versions (example : the one made by users themselve to fit Win in a netbook etc..., and removing components form Windows could cause this). But with a 'standard Windows installation' there should be no problem...

To say it all, I'm currently considering the idea to distribute everything as an "archive and folders" package, no installers, just the files. I'm not sure of this but it could be a nice idea (maybe better than an installer) with the distribution of many different plugin formats...

EDIT*2= Daniel Stawczyk informed me that he is currently interested in making presets for LittleOne version 3.0, that could be translated in a "PLUS Soundbank" conversion/update and/or in a totally new expansion Soundbank... By the way, any choise he will take will be really appreciated :)
Last edited by xhunaudio on Mon May 09, 2016 4:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

bronxsound wrote:great news. any pricing indication? or does it stay as previous version?
Hi,

the price will basically remain in the same 'price area', maybe it will be *slightly* higher (due to all the improvements and native compatibility)...

stanlea wrote:Cross-platform ?
Hi ,

yes, at release time it will be VST2/VST3/AU for WIN(32-bit and 64-bit) an OSX(64-bit).

Then, AAX time will come (but it can also happen that AAX will be available at launch).

I think I'll miss OSX(32-bit) formats, since anyone is asking 'specifically' for that... Or, if someone wants it just let me know!

JerGoertz wrote:...can you do me/us a favor and give v3 a new VST ID, and allow simultaneous installation with v2, so that installing the update doesn't break existing projects?
After thinking a few minutes, yes - you're right Jeremiah, I think in any case it is better to use different VST IDs, some previous users would have the need to use previous versions for any reason (legacy track renderings etc....). So Yes, it will use a different ID :)

Return to “Instruments”