MPC60, SP1200, S950 impulse response

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I'm struggling to find impulse response files for these samplers. I wanted to try them out with Voxengo Boogex.

Can anyone please hit me up with a working link or the files itself?

That would be amazing. Thanks in advance.

I think you would get closer using a plugin that emulates how the mathematics inside these samplers worked, something like:

https://www.plogue.com/products/chipcrusher/

The impulse responses will just give you the EQ curves.

Thanks david. Will check that out.

Yeah maybe but i read about them IR's and want to try them. I know goldbaby had mpc60 ones on their site but they disappeared. I hope someone still got them on their harddrive, they are impossible to find.

Hi Seppde,

Maybe this could interest you:
http://rutgerverberkmoes.com/?page_id=2984

It's an impulse response library from the Akai S950 and S1000, Ensoniq EPS16+, Roland S-550 and S-750 and the Yamaha TX16W. All captured at different sample rates and input levels.
As far as I know the MPC60 has the sample sampling engine and converters as the S950, so they should sound the same...

Cheers,

Rutger

I don't know if you can use commercial libraries in the free version of Nebula or not but a better bet would be the STN programs for an E-Mu sampler and an MPC60..static convolution is just rubbish and belongs in the dark ages,especially for things like this
I

I'm searching for a plug in that emulates the loading times of the floppy disks of these samplers.
Sitting and waiting until a small sample loads is the ultimate weapon to get your creativity boost.

Thats funny arrested_developer:
I'm searching for a plug in that emulates the loading times of the floppy disks of these samplers.
I used to load samples on a Casio RZ1 with a cassette player and data connection. Try that on stage.

DrReacto wrote:Thats funny arrested_developer:
I used to load samples on a Casio RZ1 with a cassette player and data connection. Try that on stage.
And I thought I had it bad loading orchestral samples from multiple floppies on a Casio FZ1... :)

iR from drum samplers don't make any sense

those samplers have low bitrate and less than 44.1khz(CD quality)

IR files can't do that
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

I used to have to reload one of my Cheetah SX16 samplers from floppy disc halfway through a live set. Nerve racking to say the least. :wink:

realmarco wrote:iR from drum samplers don't make any sense

IR files can't do that
Hi realmarco,
The IR's sound exactly the same as the original samplers. Modern converters (to record the IR's) can capture the sound of 12 or 16 bit converters. If you record the output of an old sampler into a modern system, then it will stil sound like an old sampler. Same applies to IR's.
I hope the sound files on my site will convince you, there are some examples of the real Akai S950 at different sample rate settings vs the IR's at the same settings.
Cheers,
Rutger

Rutger75 wrote:

IR files can't do that
Hi realmarco,
The IR's sound exactly the same as the original samplers. Modern converters (to record the IR's) can capture the sound of 12 or 16 bit converters. If you record the output of an old sampler into a modern system, then it will stil sound like an old sampler. Same applies to IR's.
I hope the sound files on my site will convince you, there are some examples of the real Akai S950 at different sample rate settings vs the IR's at the same settings.
Cheers,
Rutger
Hi Rutger

Through this thread, I discovered your site. I picked up the IR's yesterday and have been playing with them today in Reason's convolution reverb sending Rex loops through it.

I still own several of these older samplers and your IR's are dead on. I can confirm that they sound so close as to be identical with the original outputs.

Thanks for these! :tu:

thecontrolcentre wrote:
I used to have to reload one of my Cheetah SX16 samplers from floppy disc halfway through a live set. Nerve racking to say the least. :wink:
When we played live, we would play a cassette tape in between songs while the sequencer, Emax, and EPS all loaded in the next song.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

DJBuddhaBear wrote:
Rutger75 wrote:

IR files can't do that
Hi realmarco,
Cheers,
Rutger
Hi Rutger

Through this thread, I discovered your site. I picked up the IR's yesterday and have been playing with them today in Reason's convolution reverb sending Rex loops through it.

I still own several of these older samplers and your IR's are dead on. I can confirm that they sound so close as to be identical with the original outputs.

Thanks for these! :tu:
Hi DJBuddhaBear,
You're welcome! And a big thanks for your support!!

Rutger75 wrote:

IR files can't do that
Hi realmarco,
Cheers,
Rutger
what ?
an IR files can make a track alias and have Bit reduction noise ?

u can have the bass frequencies come out fine and the high notes alias ?
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Return to “Effects”