SynthMaster v2.9.8 released with 50 new cinematic presets by DeJaVu Sound

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2

Gosh, I think that's the most petty and picky post I've ever written lol. I know I shouldn't let stuff like this bother me when I'm making music, but it just does.

Sorry if I came off in a poor tone, it's mainly me just wanting Synthmaster to be the best it can be.

I really think it could be one of my mainstay synths if I didn't feel so disappointed in its appearance when i use it.
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

nachenko wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:57 am I don't want to disregard the work on the new skins, but I'm pretty sure many users think this way. We don't need more skins, we need the main ones to be better.
I have made several bug reports... all skins except white and green have issues with the effects chain in the main diagram, the effects are missing or plain wrong, eg. you put a reverb in first position and a distorsion is showed. Don't know how someone can miss such an obvious bug, nothing subtle here... they said this will be fixed in 2.9.9 which I'm waiting.

Another visual bug is the modulation amount shown around the knob of the parameter being modulated, if you change the amount of modulation in the matrix it will not get visually updated until you click on the knob.

Maybe two synths (three if you consider the new development branch for synthmaster 3) are too much for a single programmer, too few love for synthmaster 2?

Personally, I love the new white skin. just to voice in...

kv331 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:54 am
aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:51 pm
No it's not that and I'm not a regular user, I have admin rights. It looks like neither of those folders was installed, they don't exist in those locations. However in the Skins folder there are lots of folders like this:

'New Skin 11092010092148-140' with an xml file inside.

I think these are remnants of failed installs perhaps?
Try installing the full setup.
All I could see was the download for the updater, will look again

(Just checked - there is no Full version for the Everything Bundle - only an upgrader. But I can install a full version just for Synthmaster so I'll try that but it would be useful to have an Everything Full installer too)

AJYoung wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:55 am Why do the non-green default skins still have green text and background coloring in places?
https://i.imgur.com/ebczNET.png
https://i.imgur.com/lHb6Gzy.png
I brought this up a long time ago. The response was pretty much "huh?". Pretty easy issue to spot....if one bothers to look..... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

The default skins would still be nice if they didn't have those red lines in the up-scaled versions.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:40 pm The default skins would still be nice if they didn't have those red lines in the up-scaled versions.
Indeed. I switched to the orange one though which doesn't seem to have those red lines (I know the blue one which is the one I use to use, does)
rsp
sound sculptist

For what it's worth: I totally love the white skin and while I'd love a dark grey version of it even more, IMO it's the first really good skin Synthmaster ever had. Yes it can be improved, but I was quite happily surprised to see it this late in the 2.9 cycle.
Also, the new sounds are very good and drew me finally back to using SM after years of "meh".
I hope to see many more non-EDM sounds in the future - SM being MPE-capable really deserves better food than the same-same EDM stuff.

Good stuff!!! :-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Fragment audio bank has doubling presets and also few presets are missing files:
BS Reverse
DR Kick Main
PL Filther

Also for quite some time in pats months i noticed Synthmaster 2 does crash internaly quite often in FL Studio. Just out of nowhere sound is stop being produced and if you go to Wrapper --> processing it says in red that some error happened in the plugin. Also random internal crash is common in Synthmaster One.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bulent posted a fix for the missing Waveforms issue a while back. I think it's somewhere around here, but don't have the link handy.

The process first required deleting the SM preset folders from your user path. Then select "Show All" in the SM bank browser, right-click and "Restore my expansions". You can also refresh your licenses from this context menu.That restored everything correctly on my machine, with all of the correct waveforms in place, and I have the Everything Bundle.

Edit: I just noticed that the "Installed; Purchased; Show All" buttons are not available for banks in the sT skins in 2.9.8, but are only in the default skins. So you may need to switch back to a default skin to perform this task.

Synthmaster 2.9.8 not only crashes internally in FL Studio wrapper, but also if it is in a project, during project rendering the whole program just crashes. Found out by trial and error, removing Synthtmaster helped :)
Last edited by Elektronisch on Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maybe try 2.9.8?

zzz00m wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:47 pm Maybe try 2.9.8?
im using 2.9.8. Wrote 2 at the end by mistake (using devices with different numbering) :)

Snythmaster 2.99 due in the next couple of weeks, realtime modulation feedback is the highlight.

Head over to https://www.facebook.com/groups/synthmasterusers to see the new features and to report your bugs on the bug list

AJYoung wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:01 am
I really think it could be one of my mainstay synths if I didn't feel so disappointed in its appearance when i use it.
Exactly what i think.. I'm very interested in investing more time in the Synth but the interface and synth structure is holding me.

I started creating my own GUI, based on Satya but it's not an easy skinable synth.

The osc structure is not what I'm looking for and the effects are rather not inspiring. Plus we need more layers.

I own many big synths (Avenger, rapid, falcon,...) but synthmaster isn't on my list, although it could be when many things are improved.

Im so looking forward as i think this synth has got great filters and lots of potential.
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj

Return to “Instruments”