Sunny Dance Vibes from an Orphaned Alias

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I get a little dissatisfied with how jumbled and inconsistent my output is as Nine of Kings, so sometimes I just make new aliases to pursue more consistent avenues of sound. This is me, but it isn't Nine of Kings. A sunny, summery jam. I'd love to know what you think.

https://soundcloud.com/denizenmakesmusic/exhale

I like it. I particularly enjoyed the theremin-style lead that shows up from time to time. In fact, I wouldn't have minded hearing a bit more of it in this track.

I like the melodic elements. It's certainly varied and unpredictable.

It's very rigid sounding at 2:41. I was hoping for more of a groove there.

I think I am too old to get into sidechaining and dubstep bass. I can't really relate to that style of production. Get off my lawn, etc.

davidstiles wrote:I like it. I particularly enjoyed the theremin-style lead that shows up from time to time. In fact, I wouldn't have minded hearing a bit more of it in this track.
Thanks! I wasn't thinking "theremin" while making that sound, but you're not the first person to make that comparison.

Nice!
Yes, very summery a great antidote to the cold weather down under!
The 'Theremin' lead is great.
I don't mind the urgent bit myself... In fact I like it.
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

I don't even usually like stuff like this, but this is pretty good. Well done!
Core i9-7940X | Asus Prime X299-A | 64GB DDR4-3200 | Samsung 950 Pro 2TB Sys, 860 Evo 4TB Data | Steinberg UR824 & CC121 | Virus TI Desktop | Roli Seabord Rise 2 | Nektar Panorama P6 | Nektar Aura | Roland VG-99 | Win10 Pro x64 | Cubase Pro 12

Frantz wrote:I like the melodic elements. It's certainly varied and unpredictable.

It's very rigid sounding at 2:41. I was hoping for more of a groove there.

I think I am too old to get into sidechaining and dubstep bass. I can't really relate to that style of production. Get off my lawn, etc.
If someone who doesn't like the genre can appreciate the variety and musicality, that's good enough for me :D.

I wanted 2:41 to be a surprise, but maybe it's the bad kind.

Nice melodies. I liked the sound of the percussion. The track had quite a punchy sound (not surprising really, given the style of the piece), but the bass is quite reined-in, with quite a clean sound, which helps to preserve the chilled vibe.

Re: Frantz' comment about the "rigid" sound at 2:41. Maybe try processing the snare with a mild automated filter, just to give the appearance of movement. It might help to counteract that impression.

Good work :)

Allomerus wrote:Nice!
Yes, very summery a great antidote to the cold weather down under!
The 'Theremin' lead is great.
I don't mind the urgent bit myself... In fact I like it.
Well done!
:)
Thanks! It's summer up here in the States. I guess that makes this an export?

Return to “Music Cafe”