Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger VPS Avenger 2

regarding the memory "problem", Rene said you must contact him directly with detailed infos. He cant fix something he cant reproduce.

msvs wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:54 am afaik, Rene send out links for 1.4.1 after contacting him / support mail. You can have this anytime. but afaik the 1.4.1 download directly in the account has been disabled since a long time to prevent chaos for new customers.
Weird decision if you ask me, but anyway, thanx for your reply!

Feature Request : Humanize function for the Drum Sequencer please :-)
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

msvs wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:54 am regarding the memory "problem", Rene said you must contact him directly with detailed infos. He cant fix something he cant reproduce.
Since I have bought Avenger in 2019 I have reported issues to Rene.
In my experience he acknowledges receipt of way less than 50%, so I have no idea if he got it, is ignoring it or dealing with it.
Like I said, I give up trying to contact him unless it is a dire emergency.
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

Is 1.6.1 coming anytime soon I saw the changelog and it's going to be great to add multi with different velocity

msvs wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:07 am
you have several loop options, incl "xfade"
did you try that? Could you make a screenshot of your loop page?
sure
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

eerrm, that the Multiloop page, its a module that uses kits like guitar and combines them with a chord detection. You can do start offsets and loops "inside" the loop there (playback limits if you say so). But you cant do crossfade looping there. This would require open 2 instances of the loop / timestretch algo simultaneously, which would double the CPU and cause phase issues. . If you really HAVE to do that, you can workaround this with a 2nd OSC and the same loop, fading via envlope in and out with different start offsets.

What I was talking about was the normal sample editor. Just drag and drop a oneshot wave sample into any OSC. There you will find the regular loop page

briefcasemanx wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:14 am
msvs wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:07 am
you have several loop options, incl "xfade"
did you try that? Could you make a screenshot of your loop page?
sure
What skin is this please ?
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

msvs wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:52 am eerrm, that the Multiloop page, its a module that uses kits like guitar and combines them with a chord detection. You can do start offsets and loops "inside" the loop there (playback limits if you say so). But you cant do crossfade looping there. This would require open 2 instances of the loop / timestretch algo simultaneously, which would double the CPU and cause phase issues. . If you really HAVE to do that, you can workaround this with a 2nd OSC and the same loop, fading via envlope in and out with different start offsets.

What I was talking about was the normal sample editor. Just drag and drop a oneshot wave sample into any OSC. There you will find the regular loop page
Yes, I can't crossfade the loop. Maybe I'm not understanding so.etbing but allowing it to loop without a crossfade function severely limits the functionality. I don't want to hear jarring start and end points where the loop repeats. I also don't want to do a bunch of workarounds either, this should be common functionality for any type of sample that loops IMO.

I don't know what the skin is, I think I just found it in the settings menu of whatever the latest version of Avenger is?

Version 1.6.1 is now live

1.6.1 changelog

- improved: less CPU usage of Multiloops (especially the CPU-spike at the voice start). These are nearly completely gone now!
- added: new feature for OSC sample stacker: each sample slot can have its own key/velocity range where it is played. This is also displayed in realtime. Go to a sample OSC / Edit / chose slot 1-4 of sample stack
- added: Multiloop module: in the context "chord type" you may now chose what should be the priority when playing just single notes / no chords The user can choose that single notes are detected as minor or major chords
- added: modmatrix "duplicate" feature: You can now duplicate entire mod sources with all its targets into other existing sources. You can find this in the mod matrix context menu /duplicate.
- added: massive speed improvements when converting/importing multisamples, shapes, wavetables etc to an expansion. Should now work nearly instantly!
- added: shape batch convert for folders that conains a lot of shape-samples. Just chose the main folder and select "batch convert OSC shapes" to convert everything whats inside into shapes
- added: TAB key switches the OSC tabs / shift TAB key moves backwards through the OSC tabs
- improved: sample loading time. If you now load large multisamples ( 100MB and more) from the OSC browser, this now goes a lot faster
- improved: loader will notify the user if the license needs a refreshing. It can be done directly on the Avenger loader or -if you want- like before in the V-Man
- fixed: small timing issues in the ARP
- fixed: Drum-Routing was disabled and showed "OSC used as FM Source" when OSC1 was used as FM source
- fixed: annoying click-sound on chord change/sample change in Multiloop mode under specific circumstances
- fixed: fixed a memory leak/crash when loading data from an expansion
- fixed: volume of the autoplay previews are now taking the master volume into account
- fixed: chords were not always detected correctly when latch mode was on and OSC chord root note filter was set
- fixed: ARP moving notes stepwise to left or right may have caused grafical bugs in the arp under specific circumstances
- fixed: issue with saving/restoring solo mute state in presets after the implementation of the the solo/mute handling
- fixed: issue when modulating the sample-start-delay with a random source
- fixed: issue with UNDO of deleting a stacker sampler that had a modulation in the Mod-Matrix. Now the Mod-Matrix is restored properly on UNDO
- fixed: Modulation ring of the granular desity/grain size works now smooth - without framerate drop
- MAC: fixed a crash that was related to a not released openGL context after closing the GUI

you can find it in your account! (updating doesnt affect the Codemeter software in any way. It doesnt care which version it runs, it wont even notice the update. So dont be afraid updating could cause troubles with Codemeter.

Thanks.
Rsp
sound sculptist

Thanks, Manuel.

Is anything different from the 1.6.1 beta?

msvs wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:59 am Version 1.6.1 is now live

[snip...]

you can find it in your account! (updating doesnt affect the Codemeter software in any way. It doesnt care which version it runs, it wont even notice the update. So dont be afraid updating could cause troubles with Codemeter.
Thanks the the update. The fact that you have to include the disclaimer at the bottom about not worrying about updateing due to Codemeter concerns is a good indication that perhaps you should stop using Codemeter. I know... never mind...

why, what has this message to do with stopping using Codemeter? :?:
This message was especially for some people here/FB group who asking about updating and if this can conflict with their activation, the answer is no... Like I said, at the moment we have no alternatives using Codemeter. We cant a.) switch to a required dongle for obvious reasons and b.) dont have the time, manpower and knowledge to program an own secure protection from scratch. So as you can see, no valid alternative left.
m-ac wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:58 pm Is anything different from the 1.6.1 beta?
yes, there were quite a few improvements since the beta. You should definately use the release version.

Return to “Instruments”