Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

you can send me the patch, I will take a look into it, when I am back in studio mid of the week

Mr D wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:16 am
Hanz Meyzer wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:13 am @mr d: Did you check all the settings, like having a constant phase setting?
Yes, i tried everything! I'm quite sure it's not possible, but would be happy to stand corrected!
A quick check in Logic with sonic academys kick 2:
- export 1-bar kick loop
- duplicate
- change phase - they cancel out completely
- shift the second loop one hit so now first loop kick 2 overlaps kick 1 in the second loop (etc) - the don’t cancel out
- it may be the daw is not aligning with sample accurate precision vhen cutting and dragging audio around

To my ears the difference is non existent between hits (in both Kick2 and Avenger case) - just a tiny -60 dB high frequency bit, when doing the null test. Is this difference way bigger in your case?

I just repeated your test with SA kick 2, using one bar of 4-to-the-floor kick, making sure that the one beat shifted, phase inverted duplicate was perfectly sample accurate aligned (using Magix Sequoia), and they cancel almost completely.
Well, not actually completely, but the differences are like -80dB, which is inaudible. In the dither range. So the difference is so minute, it's not something i'd be concerned with.

The difference in hits that i'm hearing in Avenger is waaaaay more extreme, they're clearly hearible without needing to do a phase test.

I'm talking about making a very simple kick in Avenger using only a sine wav and pitch envelope, turning everything else off.

i thought i read avenger doesn't process sample accurate but blocks of milliseconds or so!?

like I wrote above, send me the patch and I check what you maybe did wrong

msvs wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:43 pm like I wrote above, send me the patch and I check what you maybe did wrong
Sure, here's the preset: https://filebin.net/wv9t1damyf65h3s2

I hope it is indeed user error!

I hope 1.5 drops before summer to make some nice summer expansion with some latin flavor

anyone having trouble reading the gui.. I have a 13" MacBook Pro mid 2012... the largest I can get the whole thing on screen is 65%... most of the text is unreadable

trouble is that when you get a 24 inch screen then kontakt shows up small, even tho avenger becomes bigger :dog: :ud: :lol:
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

dave dove wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:37 pm anyone having trouble reading the gui.. I have a 13" MacBook Pro mid 2012... the largest I can get the whole thing on screen is 65%... most of the text is unreadable
It's been said by some others before here on, but I believe Manuel thinks the fonts are fine as they are, but maybe he's using a 4k monitor.
I personally think that the unreadability is mostly due to how text is displayed, mixing a bold impact-like font with also shadows and relatively not-so-sharp looking anti-aliasing doesn't help.
If we had the ability to disable text anti-aliasing I believe you would have a much easier to read text, but sadly we can't do that.

I wish we could skin this synth with the same degree of freedom of u-he ones (drzhnn's redux skins for zebra and diva are amazing, and so is plugmon's eclipse one for hive, they really improve the synth a lot and they could also be a deal breaker when deciding if you want to buy the program for your own system).
Also, I really really wish wholeheartedly that they implement this skin at some point, it's by far the cleanest and most usable gui I've seen for Avenger so far, you can see more categories, the whole interface looks less clogged (especially when you consider the potential Avenger has for further functions implementation)
pleaseeeeee :pray:

that screenshot still has the same problems
the oval buttons at the top of each section have poor contrast with the text
same with the lettering on black in the fx section
I have to zoom in to see what I'm doing
which cuts off the bottom

I've decided not to buy
shame cos the features and sound are good

Dave

we are fine with some people, who dont want to buy, because they dont own a big screen. We will stay 4k oriented and will not make any sound or modulation compromises to work on old slow CPUs. Avenger looks gorgeous on 4k screens and works very well CPU wise on strong machines. Refer to our minimum Specs or the demoversion if you want to see if you are able to use it.
I have my own opinion and philosophy about this. If someome buys VSTsynths and DAWs for 250$ each, should really consider first to have a fast computer with a bit of ram and a big screen. At least FHD screens should be everywhere nowadays since they are not expensive. I think thats much more important than the synths, to have a professional environment for using them first. Audio processing is (like video processing or gaming) a very hardware demanding task. Having 13" screens and 4gb ram computers with 99$ speakers are really not the professional equipment you should use to create your music. I grow up in a time and had computers where Wing Commander, Doom or Ultima Underworld made me buying new hardware or upgrading RAM, because they had like 5FPS on usual machines. My opinion - you dont have to have the same. :)

I like that ^
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

@msvs
I think your policy is perfectly reasonable
was more concerned there might be some settings I am missing
decided not to buy because it doesn't suit my needs
inferring all that from my screen size is a bit rude though

Dave

My cpu is pretty fast, yet I often get nasty cpu spikes when it comes to some specific oscillators in Avenger - unusual high spikes. Do you understand the difference between spikes and overall cpu load? Spikes need to be avoided in realtime calculation. Also Avenger still likes to crash - as the very only plugin I use. The reported memory amount of 900MB+ per instance should also bother you. So I guess your point of view simply is denying reality of common good and old programming practise. Avenger can do the same, but not spiking or eating 900MB++ of RAM. That is very possible. And I already made some suggestions to you, how this could be maybe achieved, yet you or Rene simply are ignoring these ideas, e.g. implementing proper denormal filters and not relying on a compiler switch. Or precalculating things. Why the sampler engine is eating so much cpu? It is simple resampler thing. I don't get that. Is your copyprotection maybe a cause for eating so much RAM? Like decrypting into RAM, not freeing up other stuff?

Other than those spikes you can see yourself in the bitwig performance monitor (which has time axis), Avenger runs very smooth here, the gui is fluent with 60fps and if it is not crashing, it is a very beautiful piece of software.

Though with that stubborn attitude you are showing here, this will not improve ever. So in the end, Avenger not yet is the bread and butter synth I hoped for. Since it is unstable and cpu spiking. And cpu spiking doesn't mean that my cpu is too slow. This would not change with a cpu 30% faster.

Return to “Instruments”