Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

msvs wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:07 pm https://youtu.be/6sEPqChN-tM
A little new teaser of the upcoming Avenger 2.0 (ETA end 22 / beg. 23)
got gas for this now, will buy it later when its out, but in the meantime are there any instrument vsts that do things similar to the fft in this video?

j wazza wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:26 pm
msvs wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:07 pm https://youtu.be/6sEPqChN-tM
A little new teaser of the upcoming Avenger 2.0 (ETA end 22 / beg. 23)
got gas for this now, will buy it later when its out, but in the meantime are there any instrument vsts that do things similar to the fft in this video?
Harmor, but this seems more intuitive

zimmerabc wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:44 pm Will Avenger 2.0 run on Win7?
yes, defintately

[quote=msvs post_id=8396765 time=1648879966 user_id=254919]
[quote=zimmerabc post_id=8396474 time=1648838686 user_id=119572]
Will Avenger 2.0 run on Win7?
[/quote]

yes, defintately
[/quote]

Thanks a lot! :tu:

>

lb24569 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:54 pm
djpremacy wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:54 pm
msvs wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:11 am yes, buffer size should definately raised when encountering spikes
I use the RME Babyface pro FS at 256 buffer at 44.1 khz. Even 512 is creating the spikes. I can easily spot the spikes in the Bitwig performance graph.
Normally I can run projects with many vst instrument at 128 or 64 buffer without issues. I replaced the 3 instances of Avenger with Diva, Falcon, Rapid and Pigments, duplicated those tracks once more and all is good even at 128 buffer.
Macbook M1 pro 14 inch 10-core/16gb Ram/1tb ssd

No programs running in background and also tried with enabling flight mode. I also checked any startup items in OSX. Disabled Time maschine and also onedrive.
It looks like the spikes are more frequently when the track with Avenger is selected / monitoring. Also when having the Avenger
Plugin window open it seems a bit better.

Hope this can be sorted as Avenger is my main driver :)
Just chiming in to say I'm experiencing the same issues as you with Avenger, I"m getting massive CPU spikes in my projects and went through all my VSTs one by one and turns out Avenger is the culprit. This is on my M1 max 10-core in Ableton Live 11.1 Native.

It works great on my 9900K PC under Windows and my intel iMac, I load as many as I want and never have issues. I guess where the Apple silicon build is still fairly new, there's still some some further optimisations to be done which is a shame as I absolutely LOVE Avenger. Hope to see performance improvements for M1 in future updates :)

UPDATE - I saw a couple of mentions on Facebook where people said they were getting better performance from the VST2 version over the VST3, I've tried both and the CPU spikes still occur even when using 1 or 2 instances.
Still having the issues on M1 pro 10-core. Running Studio One with only Native M1 plugins (30+ VST instruments and many console1 instances) All fine with 32/64 buffer buffer. Adding 1 instance of Avenger to a project and major CPU spikes and crackles. Even when increasing the buffer to 256 or 512. This is the same in Ableton 11.1, Bitwig and Logic.
Hopefully optimizations can be done to M1 Avenger to avoid the CPU spikes.

Currently not using Avenger in any projects.

[/quote]
Any idea of what the upgrade price will be?
[/quote]

Looking at the competition, Arturia Pigments is at version 3.5, and all upgrades were free of charge.
Same thing for UVI Falcon.

We'll see if Avenger will be closer to this, or if they'll take the Refx route, charging 100$ for a minor upgrade from V3 to V4.

Whatever they do, Avenger remains my favorite synth

Ryan99 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:23 pm
Any idea of what the upgrade price will be?
[/quote]

Looking at the competition, Arturia Pigments is at version 3.5, and all upgrades were free of charge.
Same thing for UVI Falcon.

We'll see if Avenger will be closer to this, or if they'll take the Refx route, charging 100$ for a minor upgrade from V3 to V4.

Whatever they do, Avenger remains my favorite synth
[/quote]

Avenger already had many free updates, where others would make out of it a v2, v3 etc. expecially Refx and some others. refx is not the same as vengeance afaik.
so far Vengeance only pi**ed me off when they added codemeter, hopefully they wont p*ss me off again ;D, cause once done the trust is broken.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

out now! get it together with your Easter/Spring sale discount!
The long awaited successor to Tech House 1 is finally here: Tech House 2! Brace yourself for the deepest basslines, the darkest drums, the funkiest minimalistic groove patterns, vintage chords & stabs, leads, inspiring arps, plucks and many ultra-cool vocals. Andy Hinz once again did it and totally nailed the modern sound of Tech House. Of course this expansion also works wonderful for any other House, Techno, Trance and EDM genres. You want to have new, unique sounds to set yourself apart from the mainstream? This one is for you, it won't get deeper than this!

Attention: VPS Avenger version 1.8.0 minimum required!

this expansion adds to your library:

151 Avenger presets 25 new drumkits
6 new wavetables 18 new multiloops
60 new multisamples 19 new osc-shapes

https://youtu.be/F-XwtK_mMCE

https://youtu.be/eBmYwp8ofOk

Please add Round Robin support in the trigger module! Would be great!

Manuel, someone mentioned there were price increases coming for avenger, is that correct? Do you have any details on what to expect and when?

Supposedly there was a facebook post which nobody reads who doesn‘t have it already. The ongoing 20% sale is still valid… And way too expensive for me. An increased price is good for my wallet, I get even less encouraged than before…

MSVS,

are there optimisation updates coming to Avenger?

As of right now its quite a memory and CPU hog. Its possible to go down on CPU by lowering total voice output, but memory...that one is impossible. 18 instances of Avenger takes 26gb of ram (out of 32).

@MSVS, any chance of doing an other studio tour? How it turned out to be.
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

new XP: get it now, while the -20% spring sale still lasts for a short time!

The long awaited final chapter of the VPS Avenger Trance series by Manuel Schleis is here - "Trance Three"! Connoisseurs of this series know already what to expect: the most beautiful arps & sequences, the fattest pads & leads, warm plucks & basslines and perfectly crafted & selected drumkits; all mixed and produced on the highest level. You can also find full vocal hooks and innovative FX sweeps as well as inspiring live-chord detecting, powerful sequences. These presets alre "alive", due to Avengers' massive modulation possibilities. A lot of vintage gear has also been sampled for digital and analog masterpieces of sound. If you are really into Trance, this expansion is a must have - no matter if classic epic UK Trance or modern powerful progressive Trance or even chilling ambient beats - its all here!

Attention: VPS Avenger version 1.8.0 minimum required!

this expansion adds to your library:

130 Avenger presets 18 new drumkits
18 new drum sequences 37 new wavetables
22 new granular samples 127 new arp patterns
60 new multisamples 19 new osc-shapes

https://youtu.be/6MZSScma5NU

Return to “Instruments”