Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Manuel, at 4:44 in the new 1.40 features video, one can see the arp presets, including the arp presets from XP cinematic 2. I couldn't see those presets when I bought and installed the expansion. Is this normal og do you have special privileges?
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

I would like to suggest to keep an ear on the voice vs. sound balance. The sound was so loud and the voice barely audible, so even my GF was ranting with me.

not sure if you fixed it in 1.4.0 (I'd love to test the beta but I can't use something potentially unstable) but in the rotary sim effect "acceleration" is spelled wrong, it has two Ls.

Unrelated to this, I wanted to ask you if there is any plan to allow us to manage the licensed machines from our account.
I often format or change machine and we currently have no means to remove authorizations (even from the plugin window itself for the current machine we're working on, and I don't mean just the keyfile).
We have a limited number of activations so it would be neat to be able to manage them on the go and avoid doing so through emails.

Rommelaar wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:34 am Manuel, at 4:44 in the new 1.40 features video, one can see the arp presets, including the arp presets from XP cinematic 2. I couldn't see those presets when I bought and installed the expansion. Is this normal og do you have special privileges?
no worries, the presets will be included in the final release

in the meantime I can zip and send you my preset folder if you want (on monday when back in studio)
Unrelated to this, I wanted to ask you if there is any plan to allow us to manage the licensed machines from our account.
there is a plan to do this, but no plan WHEN exactly
Last edited by msvs on Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

double post

msvs, I have a question: Can I somehow trigger the sidechain fx using an outside-of-plugin sound? Or thru a vst parameter trigger?

basically yes
you can set the sidechain trigger to "kick drum"
now you can trigger the kick drum in the drum page with the C1 note, from your sequencer / piano roll

--
Last edited by sircuit on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:55 pm msvs, I have a question: Can I somehow trigger the sidechain fx using an outside-of-plugin sound? Or thru a vst parameter trigger?
In Ableton Live you can convert any audio signal into a envelope follower with (included or free) Max processors, then route the envelope to a midi CC then send it to Avenger, then in Avenger set that midi channel to do stuff. You can even use the midi CC to control directly a volume knob, not even need to use Avenger's ducking FX.

In Logic, you have midi FX and midi mapper to achieve the same thing. Bitwig's middle name is "modulate everyting".

Probably every other major daw has a way to route a midi CC to an instrument channel and from there is just a matter of setting the instrument to process incoming CC

tapekiller wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:32 pm not sure if you fixed it in 1.4.0 (I'd love to test the beta but I can't use something potentially unstable) but in the rotary sim effect "acceleration" is spelled wrong, it has two Ls.

I often format or change machine and we currently have no means to remove authorizations (even from the plugin window itself for the current machine we're working on, and I don't mean just the keyfile).
We have a limited number of activations so it would be neat to be able to manage them on the go and avoid doing so through emails.
can I ask how exactly is that process? I'm thinking about to get avenger perhaps one of the special sales, but how the liscence is limited?, I mean if my pc fails or something my key file only will work for some limited time?

C2 :clap:
Last edited by Soundcity on Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JunSev wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:17 pm can I ask how exactly is that process? I'm thinking about to get avenger perhaps one of the special sales, but how the liscence is limited?, I mean if my pc fails or something my key file only will work for some limited time?
No, there is no time limitation, read below:

Avenger computes a system ID (probably) based on the hardware inside your computer. Based on that ID, you go online and receive a license key file which you load on your computer. From then on, Avenger will work as long as you don't change components inside your computer.

If you reinstall the OS, the system ID will be the same and you won't require a new key.

You get a total of 3 activations (3 computers). To my understanding, according to other people on the forums, if you already have Avenger running on 3 computers and you want to unregister an older one in order to activate a new computer, you can write Rene (the software developer) through the contact section on VS homepage and he will provide information and support on the matter.

sircuit wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:37 pm
JunSev wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:17 pm can I ask how exactly is that process? I'm thinking about to get avenger perhaps one of the special sales, but how the liscence is limited?, I mean if my pc fails or something my key file only will work for some limited time?
No, there is no time limitation, read below:

Avenger computes a system ID (probably) based on the hardware inside your computer. Based on that ID, you go online and receive a license key file which you load on your computer. From then on, Avenger will work as long as you don't change components inside your computer.

If you reinstall the OS, the system ID will be the same and you won't require a new key.

You get a total of 3 activations (3 computers). To my understanding, according to other people on the forums, if you already have Avenger running on 3 computers and you want to unregister an older one in order to activate a new computer, you can write Rene (the software developer) through the contact section on VS homepage and he will provide information and support on the matter.
ok thanks, now I understand, I thought it was something similar to Image line FL studio and products or Tone2 synths that allows the user to unlock the products with their keys independently of systems, or that sometimes you just could unregister or continue using the synth if the system die with your key in other computers no matter how many systems die.

That is almost getting like Ilok/Pace (no I will no discuss about that in this forum)...

New update looks incredible. I emailed the auto mailer. Just gotta install the update tonight. Gotta say, as much as the new features look great im looking forward to the quality of life changes like scroll wheel for octaves and zooming the msegs.

Im gonna get a little greedy here for a moment. Given that you've built similar tech into the arp, would it be much trouble to just add a basic scale mode to the arp? Thatd be a lifesaver.

New skin is awesome too. Looks like avenger by uhe. Two of my favorite things

Razzia wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:53 pm New update looks incredible. I emailed the auto mailer. Just gotta install the update tonight. Gotta say, as much as the new features look great im looking forward to the quality of life changes like scroll wheel for octaves and zooming the msegs.

Im gonna get a little greedy here for a moment. Given that you've built similar tech into the arp, would it be much trouble to just add a basic scale mode to the arp? Thatd be a lifesaver.

New skin is awesome too. Looks like avenger by uhe. Two of my favorite things
There are many more ideas on facebook poll that would improve the functionality.
I'd love to see these also:
- compare function
- version function
- drag presets onto category
Simple things that would improve avenger allot.

Check out the Retrovenger skin also if you like the vintage skin. 😉
http://encounters.be/shop/index.php?rou ... uct_id=214
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj

Return to “Instruments”