Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger VPS Avenger 2

I guess I already asked this, sadly forgot the answer :)

Is it possible to copy specific OSCs from other presets to the current? So joining OSCs form various presets?

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:06 pm Is it possible to copy specific OSCs from other presets to the current? So joining OSCs form various presets?
Within the same instance of Avenger, yes it is possible to copy/paste almost everything not just oscillators.

from preset to another preset its impossible due to the open architecture. You cant copy an OSC, where the routing for example is not available in the preset you want to copy it to. For example AMP1 or FLT2 may be occupied already for something else. Same with Shapers, modulations, FM sources, ARPs, sendFX, audio bus etc etc

Hello! I would like to know how to maintain the drums with the pedal. In old versions it worked. The oscillators are sustained by the pedal, the drums are not.
I have 1.8.5
Thanks

Hello,
Is there a plan to make avenger work in standalone ? (Just in some case we have to playing for fun without using a daw)

Hi
at the moment there are no standalone plans, sorry.

msvs wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:03 pm from preset to another preset its impossible due to the open architecture. You cant copy an OSC, where the routing for example is not available in the preset you want to copy it to. For example AMP1 or FLT2 may be occupied already for something else. Same with Shapers, modulations, FM sources, ARPs, sendFX, audio bus etc etc
True, but as long as there are free filters/shaper/osc slots available, it could work. Then, if it is not possible, there could be a requester like "Which filter should be used?" "Which shaper should be used?", etc.

This would be especially handy, if you build up performance presets, wouldn't it?

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:57 am
msvs wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:03 pm from preset to another preset its impossible due to the open architecture. You cant copy an OSC, where the routing for example is not available in the preset you want to copy it to. For example AMP1 or FLT2 may be occupied already for something else. Same with Shapers, modulations, FM sources, ARPs, sendFX, audio bus etc etc
True, but as long as there are free filters/shaper/osc slots available, it could work. Then, if it is not possible, there could be a requester like "Which filter should be used?" "Which shaper should be used?", etc.

This would be especially handy, if you build up performance presets, wouldn't it?
To mix different preset contents, the only way I found is to load separate Avenger instances in separate tracks of my DAW, then mute the sounds I don't need from an avenger instance

3 Macro knobs and 2 buttons are great, 4 and 3 would be even greater.
Sometimes all knobs of a preset are already assigned, but you would like to add some new assignment, so one more Macro would be nice and the size of knobs do not matter that much, you use your hw controller anyway.

I bought Avenger recently and as I am getting to grips with it, wondering if anyone knows how to change sounds within a Sequenced patch. For example, there are a few I wish had a different lead sound, and it is driving me nuts figuring out how to change different parts within a multi-part sequence patch. Like, I load a sequenced patch, everything is cool but I don't like the lead part and I want to switch it with another. Doable or not?

Also, I realize I need to buy a new computer as mine is aging rapidly (late 2012 mac-mini) but I'm running Monterrey and it's still going strong - however, Avenger is the only synth that breaks my mac. Been looking for any type of "multicore" setting ala DIVA, but I sees none. I've watched the optimization video, but I guess that's all there is, huh?

DCrown wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:33 pm 3 Macro knobs and 2 buttons are great, 4 and 3 would be even greater.
Sometimes all knobs of a preset are already assigned, but you would like to add some new assignment, so one more Macro would be nice and the size of knobs do not matter that much, you use your hw controller anyway.
in v2.0 it will be 12 macro knobs and 8 macro buttons ;)
I bought Avenger recently and as I am getting to grips with it, wondering if anyone knows how to change sounds within a Sequenced patch. For example, there are a few I wish had a different lead sound, and it is driving me nuts figuring out how to change different parts within a multi-part sequence patch. Like, I load a sequenced patch, everything is cool but I don't like the lead part and I want to switch it with another. Doable or not?
no this is not possible, since it would require deep changing of the internal routing to "swap" a lead sound (and its whole modulations, which share mod sources with other elements). You have to open another Avenger instance in your daw, then mute the lead sound you dont like, and just chose another preset.

Any idea when Avenger 2.0 will be released?
thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:39 pm Any idea when Avenger 2.0 will be released?
thanks
rsp
Maybe some time this year. Maybe.

In the Avenger 2.0 FAQ - viewtopic.php?t=587191
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Hi, I do know that thread. Even posted in it. Just wondered if Manuel had a more accurate time frame now.

rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:04 am Hi, I do now that thread. Even posted in it. Just wondered if Manuel had a more accurate time frame now.

rsp
He’s not said anything since AFAIK. If there’s any news of any kind, I’ll update that OP, promise…
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Return to “Instruments”