Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

STi_NJ wrote:Sure, someone can say 8-bit isn't all the rage right now, but it doesn't mean that there aren't paying customers out there who do make it. There clearly are.
All that being said, I personally find the packs to be fairly expensive for me, but it just means I'll have to seriously consider which one's I'll buy.
Amen!
sircuit wrote:think again or jump 3-ish pages back. if you can't use the n-bits, you basically lack creativity. The Gods have spoken.
To keep "gods spoken word" complete I still refer to a piano. Costs easily up to a small car. The sound hast been there for 100 years +. The basic sound won't change. Still it sells. Because creativity let's you use it and still find combinations that you love (and at least you don't know).

Sidefact: 8 bit is the only expansion I own right now. There has not been one I wanted apart from this one. So may be there are customers that just don't care for tech house (which I thought to be dead until this thread for years). Obviously everybody of us is living in his own small universe! :ud:
WIN10 / FL Studio 12.4
Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40 GHz / 12 GB DDR3 RAM / AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz / 2 GB RAM / 28" 4k screen

sircuit wrote:think again or jump 3-ish pages back. if you can't use the n-bits, you basically lack creativity. The Gods have spoken.

To keep "gods spoken word" complete I still refer to a piano. Costs easily up to a small car. The sound hast been there for 100 years +. The basic sound won't change. Still it sells. Because creativity let's you use it and still find combinations that you love (and at least you don't know).

Sidefact: 8 bit is the only expansion I own right now. There has not been one I wanted apart from this one. So may be there are customers that just don't care for tech house (which I thought to be dead until this thread for years). Obviously everybody of us is living in his own small universe! :ud:
Spot on with your piano point. I suppose electronic artists are always looking for that new sound since it's based on technology, but personally, I've always thought if something sounds good, use it. Who cares if it's a sound similar to what someone used in 1995.

Warehouseparty wrote: To keep "gods spoken word" complete I still refer to a piano. Costs easily up to a small car. The sound hast been there for 100 years +. The basic sound won't change. Still it sells.
I'm sure all piano purchasers buy them because they only want to prove that they can be creative with a centuries-old sound, not because they really need the piece...

Wavegem
It makes you think they created this synth just to sell you presets
Yes, that's how it's done these days. Modern marketing cross-sell model, fairly standard these days.

Noiseboyuk

Many thanks for the presets :)
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

kevvvvv wrote:Wavegem
It makes you think they created this synth just to sell you presets
Yes, that's how it's done these days. Modern marketing cross-sell model, fairly standard these days.

Noiseboyuk

Many thanks for the presets :)

Of course. But at these prices (especially compared to cost of the actual synth) it does feel like the 'your first hit is free' pusher analogy is a little too close to the truth.

And yes, sure, if you're not addicted of course you can always walk away. But I suspect their business model is wholly dependant upon something more akin to my first paragraph.

These preset packs are a cut above imho because they always contain additional waveforms, multisamples and Wavetable useable in the synth unlike say a typical Spire pack.

So I will get much more out of it than just some presets. Can’t wait for the cinematic/Hollywood one ..

Didn't get an answer yet: Is there a crossgrade option to Phalanx?

hollyWorse wrote:Didn't get an answer yet: Is there a crossgrade option to Phalanx?
No.

generaldiomedes wrote:These preset packs are a cut above imho because they always contain additional waveforms, multisamples and Wavetable useable in the synth unlike say a typical Spire pack.

So I will get much more out of it than just some presets. Can’t wait for the cinematic/Hollywood one ..
Yeah. I really wish I could just buy the wavetables and multisamples for like $30. I'm not paying $70 for presets. This synth already does everything; I don't need someone to program it for me. But I'd really love to get my hands on the samples in the granular pack, for instance.

It’s really not about the usability of the patches it’s more about price in relationship to what else is on the market. For instance Vintage Vault 2 from UVI is 600 bucks for EVERYTHING. That is software and samples, so many samples it makes your brain hurt. I gaurantee VPS avenger will be eventually be many thousands of dollars

I'm just like everybody else whining about the price of Avenger presets.

But they are quality. Everything is usable.

It's like there's an Armin van Buuren gig in every pack :D .

When I used Spire a lot I was buying "affordable" presets, only to find a lot of them uninteresting, produced by a designer who lacked finesse, or poorly, lazily programmed. Combined with Spire's dog of a browser, my Avenger experience is much better, clearer, and more fun.

There's a lot of value in Avenger's preset packages, as Manuel keeps telling us, and we're all locked into his high quality/high price game.

But I also appreciate he's an artist who's gone into the new profession of sound design, instead of Tin Pan Alley, or wherever good prolific songwriters went before the internet.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

kevvvvv wrote:It's like there's an Armin van Buuren gig in every pack :D .
That's a problem. That EDM image. Avenger can be so much more. Look, U-HE synths. They don't puke "EDM EDM EDM" at you.

Help please I am trying to log in into the VMAN I enter my email address and it says please enter a valid email address

you have to enter the same login as in your account at https://register.vps-avenger.com/

btw all our older VPS plugins have been updated at once. You can find the installers at vengeance-sound / plugins / downloads

Return to “Instruments”