The official RIP thread

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Andrew Sachs died? Damn. I understand he was an incredible stage actor. Unfortunately, I've only observed his work as the lovable "Manuel," but it was fantastic. I foresee a Fawlty Towers marathon in my future this weekend. One of my top 5 shows ever.

masterhiggins wrote:Andrew Sachs died? Damn. I understand he was an incredible stage actor. Unfortunately, I've only observed his work as the lovable "Manuel," but it was fantastic. I foresee a Fawlty Towers marathon in my future this weekend. One of my top 5 shows ever.
He was a sound design person as well, creating radio plays based on sound alone. He won an award with one back in the 1980s

I had no idea. I'll see if I can find them this weekend, too. Thank you!

While I can appreciate the good intention of starting this thread, I don't think that lumping everyone together in one long list is the right approach. If we're going to celebrate the lives of those who are gone, don't they at least deserve the dignity of their own thread?

Besides which, I often only hear the news of someone passing because I see it on the front page in the list of recent topics. If that is to be replaced with a generic "RIP Thread" topic, there is no way of knowing if someone else has died or if someone was just commenting on an older post.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

This is 2016 . They're dropping like flies. If there was a thread for every celebrity who kicked the bucket this year, then there would be no room for music topics. :idea:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:This is 2016 . They're dropping like flies. If there was a thread for every celebrity who kicked the bucket this year, then there would be no room for music topics. :idea:
Generally speaking, people only post here about the passing of well-regarded musicians. Not "celebrities".

I do wish this year was over though. :cry:
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I think it'd be a better to have an obituary section with individual rip threads in there. :)
Last edited by masterhiggins on Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

RIP thread :(

Just heard that Al Jarreau has died at the age of 76, that's sad, loved his 80's stuff...

You beat me to it. I'm getting old.

RIP Al Jarreau
I never make mistakes; I just blame others.

RIP :(

Great voice

Haven't seen any mention of the passing of Clyde Stubblefield. Just heard about it on the latest Sonic Talk.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... 73-w467805
Image Image Image Image

Aloysius wrote::dog:

I don't know how you do it. It must take an extraordinary amount of faith to believe in nothing.
I believe in evolution... Does that count?

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”