Unfiltered Audio Sandman Pro: Available Now

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sandman Unfiltered Audio Sandman

Hi everyone,

We are extremely proud to preset Sandman Pro, available now at Plugin Alliance https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... n_pro.html

This is a complete update over our classic Sandman plug-in, and features seven delay modes, a completely patchable modulation system (yes, you can now modulate Sleep and Kill!), a dual filter, a diffusion network, and more. It features over 100 presets, including presets designed by Richard Devine, Simon Stockhausen, Julius Dobos, and Toby Pitman. We cannot wait to hear what you make with it!

EDIT: All Sandman owners should have a great upgrade offer available to them from the Sandman Pro page. We apologize for the initial confusion, but it should be fixed now.

Last edited by thelizard on Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Great release. Love the modular aspect

Tom
Synth Anatomy
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Upgrade path for original Sandman's owner?

nordickvr wrote:Upgrade path for original Sandman's owner?
Great offer coming to all Sandman owners via e-mail.

EDIT: Actually, according to the PA team, you should see it if you're logged in to your account. Let me know if that's not the case.

thelizard wrote:
nordickvr wrote:Upgrade path for original Sandman's owner?
Great offer coming to all Sandman owners via e-mail.

EDIT: Actually, according to the PA team, you should see it if you're logged in to your account. Let me know if that's not the case.
That is totally great!
Pretty anxious to try it since Sandman was already so powerful!

i love this thing. so useful and fun. the modulation system just blows the doors wide open.

This thing is insane(ly awesome)!

FFS how am supposed to get any work done with this thing !!!! brilliant and totally addictive. When you lock the length if you could change the start and end times by snapping to subdivisions( 1/4 ,1/6, 1/8) of the total it would be cool.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

So it's showing up as $99 for me, event though i own all of your plugins except Sandman.

Is there no intro deal for loyal customers?

simmo75 wrote:So it's showing up as $99 for me, event though i own all of your plugins except Sandman.

Does it give you a nice offer on upgrading to our bundle? https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... _v1_1.html

I think if you have Fault, Dent, Indent, and G8, the bundle price should be much lower than Sandman Pro's price.

$79.42 is the price to complete the bundle, just saw that now.

TBH though, $20 discount doesn't seem that good. I'm sure it's an awesome plugin though :(

thelizard wrote:
simmo75 wrote:So it's showing up as $99 for me, event though i own all of your plugins except Sandman.

Does it give you a nice offer on upgrading to our bundle? https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... _v1_1.html

I think if you have Fault, Dent, Indent, and G8, the bundle price should be much lower than Sandman Pro's price.
If you have the bundle it a $29 upgrade. :D
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Hi Michael congrats for ur new release. Can u plz comment the differences between fault and sandman pro? Thanks!

michaeltn86 wrote:Hi Michael congrats for ur new release. Can u plz comment the differences between fault and sandman pro? Thanks!
They're very different beasts. SP is purpose-built as a delay, while Fault is an imaging and pitch tool.

-Fault and SP both have pitch shifters, but they're different beasts. The SP pitch shifter is a granular algorithm, while Fault uses a Fourier transform. Fault's is a cleaner algorithm, but it introduces latency and cannot receive feedback. SP's can be more metallic (depending on the window size), but is designed for feedback. It can create the classic "Shimmer" effect by using the pitch shifters at +1 octave and adding feedback.

-Fault has a stereo delay. It can't really be used independently of the frequency shifter. There's not as much control over the delay, as it's intended more as a stereo interest effect.

-Fault's delays only have "Linked" or "Independent" modes. SP adds an "Offset" mode where the right channel can be some offset of the left.

-SP's primary feature is its "Sleep" buffer, which is a frozen delay buffer with the ability to loop the Start and End points. This opens up a wealth of creative effects.

-SP has a "Diffuse" control to add a primitive, chunky reverb effect that I really enjoy.

-SP does not have a frequency shifter like Fault. It also cannot do bipolar feedback.

Oh man, Sandman is a lot of fun, I can't wait to grab this.

Return to “Effects”