Tone2 Saurus2...The Great Underrated?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Saurus 4

exmatproton wrote: The things i find better compared to the older version; the knobs react less glitchy, the background image and the knobs are softer and cleaner, i like the reverb a bit more.
Yes the skin is better now (the v2 skin was a step back from v1). Still, I don't see reason enough to charge for an upgrade. 59 euros, when the full price is 99? Something like 29 euros would maybe convince me, but 59? Nah...
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
exmatproton wrote: The things i find better compared to the older version; the knobs react less glitchy, the background image and the knobs are softer and cleaner, i like the reverb a bit more.
Yes the skin is better now (the v2 skin was a step back from v1). Still, I don't see reason enough to charge for an upgrade. 59 euros, when the full price is 99? Something like 29 euros would maybe convince me, but 59? Nah...
This is free update for existing saurus 2 users.

nicksohn wrote:
fmr wrote:
Yes, the problem is that Saurus 2 wasn't a "real" Saurus 2, more a Saurus 1.1 and this isn't a real Saurus 2.5, more a Saurus 1.2.

Fortunately, they realized what is wrong, and they didn't the same with Electra2. Otherwise, we would have now an Electra 3, and we would have been asked to pay 99 euros for it (since we are asked to pay 59 for "Saurus 2"

What's worse, some people got it for free, because, in a firsat period, they announced it would be a free upgrade.
Fernando (FMR)

The upgrade is free for all existing Saurus 2 owners.

Should be coming through to all registered owners via Email. Check your spam filters.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

fmr wrote:
nicksohn wrote:
fmr wrote:
Yes, the problem is that Saurus 2 wasn't a "real" Saurus 2, more a Saurus 1.1 and this isn't a real Saurus 2.5, more a Saurus 1.2.

Fortunately, they realized what is wrong, and they didn't the same with Electra2. Otherwise, we would have now an Electra 3, and we would have been asked to pay 99 euros for it (since we are asked to pay 59 for "Saurus 2"

What's worse, some people got it for free, because, in a firsat period, they announced it would be a free upgrade.
They (luckily) did the same with the latest (huge, in their words) gladiator and nemesis updates.

fmr wrote:
nicksohn wrote:
fmr wrote:

What are you basing all this on ? A misunderstanding because the upgrade is actually free. Owners are not expected to pay anything to upgrade, so I don't see how you can make any of this conclusions at all.

And as for Electra 2 I cannot see how you can assume anything about paid upgrade prices.

I don't know why you guys are arguing about what point release the updates should be. I mean c'mon, they had four new features for every new envelope in gladiator 2! Who else has done that?!!! You should feel lucky they cram so many sound improvements and "better mix fitting" or "warmer sound" enhancements wherever you get them!

LeVzi wrote: What are you basing all this on ? A misunderstanding because the upgrade is actually free. Owners are not expected to pay anything to upgrade, so I don't see how you can make any of this conclusions at all.

And as for Electra 2 I cannot see how you can assume anything about paid upgrade prices.
English is not my first language, but it's funny that the only one here that didn't understood what I'm talking about is you.

Did you ever bought Saurus 1? Or any other of the Tone 2 plug-ins? What exactly is it that you know, and what is it that you don't?

BTW, WTF is that method of sending the link to download by e-mail? Why don't they simply put it in the web site, like anyone else?

I had problems in the past with Gladiator because of that. They kept forgetting me, and I always had to e-mail them asking for the link. Then they stopped doing that, and all the updates started to be on the site, ready to download. Now, it seems that they are back to the old (bad) habits :roll:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
LeVzi wrote: What are you basing all this on ? A misunderstanding because the upgrade is actually free. Owners are not expected to pay anything to upgrade, so I don't see how you can make any of this conclusions at all.

English is not my first language, but it's funny that the only one here that didn't understood what I'm talking about is you.

Did you ever bought Saurus 1? Or any other of the Tone 2 plug-ins? What exactly is it that you know, and what is it that you don't?

BTW, WTF is that method of sending the link to download by e-mail? Why don't they simply put it in the web site, like anyone else?

I had problems in the past with Gladiator because of that. They kept forgetting me, and I always had to e-mail them asking for the link. Then they stopped doing that, and all the updates started to be on the site, ready to download. Now, it seems that they are back to the old (bad) habits :roll:
You are attacking them on false preface, and if English isn't your first language then get a dictionary and don't rely on google translate.

You are talking out of your arse mate, maybe that's simple enough for you. The update was free, never paid and no one is missing you out of emails, contact T2 and ask for the update, its not rocket science.

I'm surprised that noone complained about backward compatibility, because they once again changed the sound. Unless i missed those complaints of course. :)

chk071 wrote:I'm surprised that noone complained about backward compatibility, because they once again changed the sound. Unless i missed those complaints of course. :)
Changed it from 2 to 2.5 ?

LeVzi wrote:
fmr wrote:

You are attacking them on false preface, and if English isn't your first language then get a dictionary and don't rely on google translate.

You are talking out of your arse mate, maybe that's simple enough for you. The update was free, never paid and no one is missing you out of emails, contact T2 and ask for the update, its not rocket science.
He was talking about the upgrade from Saurus 1 to Saurus 2 for 59 euros (or 69 dollars) with marginal improvements -- only about 30% off the price for full Saurus (because you can buy the full Saurus for $99 from online distributors and there is no way to get upgrades from Tone2 distributors). I share his feelings...

^^^^Yeah I looked at it the same way. The upgrade price was paying for an incremental update. I have other synths like Diva to compare update schemes with and Tone 2 just looked like greedy money grubbers with that price. It was a total turn off for me and I probably won't buy anything else from them. Not because they are so horrible but because the amount of great devs and awesome sounding synths at my disposal I can weed out the less than desirable venders.

It's a very competitive market and the quality of the synths and developers seems to be getting better as well. The market will decide who lives and who dies but some companies make it so easy to want to support them in the future (U-he)(Synapse Audio) (toneboosters) (TAL)... the list goes on. The companies like Tone2 are not bad by any means and they put out good products but they are competing against great products and devs that treat their customers like gold.

There seems to be a missunderstanding. Saurus 2.5, electra 2.5 and nemesis 1.5 beta are all FREE updates. There have been significant enhancements. You can read the patchnotes here (scroll down):

https://www.tone2.com/download.html

LeVzi wrote:
chk071 wrote:I'm surprised that noone complained about backward compatibility, because they once again changed the sound. Unless i missed those complaints of course. :)
Changed it from 2 to 2.5 ?
Well, this is what the changelog says:

https://www.tone2.com/download.html#DowloadUpdates
Saurus 2.5 is downward compatible with all previous versions. All existing song projects and patches can be loaded without any further steps necessary. They will benefit from the enhanced sound quality.

Enhancements:

- Enhanced sound of the Reverb: Less detuned sound and more beautiful early reflections
- Enhanced sound of the PingPong delay: Added a lowCut filter
- Enhanced sound of the Delay: No more detuning and a more wide sound
- Enhanced sound of microtuning
- Better sound quality: New high-end resampling algorithm
- More bass and warmer sound
- More linear frequency response in 'linear mode'
- Faster Volume Envelope for more punch
- Saurus v2.5 'fits better to the mix'

Return to “Instruments”