So, anyone still using Novation V-Station?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V-Station

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:25 am If Anybody is willing to pay 10 euro for techno,trance set with 100 presets,mostly arps,basses,pads,plucks and noises?
I own this synth, and this synth is cheap, but I am not sure it is worth to invest time in making it. It wouldn't compete much to the current synth.

I would inform you that made preset pack for this synth will be a pain, due to how to make and install the preset pack (this thing uses fxp (single preset) or fxb (multiple presets) file format)
You may have to go in the dark for this, my friend
viewtopic.php?t=302380
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=455367&start=30
viewtopic.php?t=472284&start=180

However, you could go for this route. Record your presets of this synth using DirectWave and Make each sampler patch for Kontakt, EXS24, SFZ or WAV. It would be more financially investment. :shrug:
We come and goes anyway.

The vstation had a certain sound.
Not one I personally like but there was something in it.

I still use it. It's handy.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

I think its great. Bass Station though not so much. Its not bad but its not V-Station. :hihi:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

hoanglongdummy wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:12 pm
VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:25 am If Anybody is willing to pay 10 euro for techno,trance set with 100 presets,mostly arps,basses,pads,plucks and noises?
I own this synth, and this synth is cheap, but I am not sure it is worth to invest time in making it. It wouldn't compete much to the current synth.

I would inform you that made preset pack for this synth will be a pain, due to how to make and install the preset pack (this thing uses fxp (single preset) or fxb (multiple presets) file format)
You may have to go in the dark for this, my friend
viewtopic.php?t=302380
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=455367&start=30
viewtopic.php?t=472284&start=180

However, you could go for this route. Record your presets of this synth using DirectWave and Make each sampler patch for Kontakt, EXS24, SFZ or WAV. It would be more financially investment. :shrug:
Thanks for objective opinion,that's why i didn't spend much time on it,do no expect to be interesting as commercial set,may release it as free pack,will see,cheers :)

Halonmusic wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:44 pm I think its great. Bass Station though not so much. Its not bad but its not V-Station. :hihi:
Bass Station was one of the first VST soft synths I ever used (maybe even THE first...). Sounded nice back then, even though I had no clue what I was doing... sounds pretty sucky today, but, hey, that's how things go. :D

chk071 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:58 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:44 pm I think its great. Bass Station though not so much. Its not bad but its not V-Station. :hihi:
Bass Station was one of the first VST soft synths I ever used (maybe even THE first...). Sounded nice back then, even though I had no clue what I was doing... sounds pretty sucky today, but, hey, that's how things go. :D
sounds like me way back. thought everything sounded great. not so much now :D
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I was gonna buy this, but I am a preset whore and most of the presets for this sounded very samey. Those samey presets sound very nice though. :hihi:

dummyLongTime wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:12 pm I own this synth, and this synth is cheap, but I am not sure it is worth to invest time in making it. It wouldn't compete much to the current synth.
whats to compete with? it can sound just as obnoxious as
current synths cranking up the onboard distortion effect.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

[/quote]
whats to compete with? it can sound just as obnoxious as
current synths cranking up the onboard distortion effect.
[/quote]

The browser and the save option are outdated and unsuitable. That's it, that's the two thing that it can not compete to other commercial synths (Uhe, NI Massive, Sylenth1) due to their easy accessibility (copy and paste preset pack to preset folder).

For soundwise, what do you expect ? Every synths is almost the same in DSP code and Sound, they just have different GUIs and Architecture.
We come and goes anyway.

it may be a huge requirement for some people that a synth
has a fancy patch manager, but i for one, have no problems
with the EnergyXT2 FXP and FXB loading of patches for this and several
other of my fav synths that lack onboard patch managers....
Charlatan, OBXD(2DAT ver) Elektro to name a few

i actually prefer the Daw's FXP, FXB method to
store, retrieve patches than the fiddly patch
managers in some synths. but hey, use what you
like best.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

hoanglongdummy wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:34 am For soundwise, what do you expect ? Every synths is almost the same in DSP code and Sound, they just have different GUIs and Architecture.
Do you think that all soft synths sound the same?

chk071 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:58 am
hoanglongdummy wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:34 am For soundwise, what do you expect ? Every synths is almost the same in DSP code and Sound, they just have different GUIs and Architecture.
Do you think that all soft synths sound the same?
Do you own a lot of soft synths that you can tell a difference ?
Last edited by hoanglongdummy on Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
We come and goes anyway.

Yes.

Then your ears are good than mine, that's good.

Normally, I would just compare the saw, square, triangle sound of every soft synth I own and download free. To see how the sound, the implementation and how much CPU it uses.

Next was the filter, the effects, the etc... you get the idea.

It's just the same pattern for every synth manufacture. Added features means fancy stuffs, and that's it.

To answer your question: Do you think that all soft synths sound the same? Yes
We come and goes anyway.

Return to “Instruments”