So, anyone still using Novation V-Station?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V-Station

I'm thinking about switching to HY-Poly:
https://rekkerd.org/hy-plugins-updates- ... t-to-v1-1/
It also has 3Oscs, Unison, RM, FM, Sync and a lot more...

... and probably sounds completely different.

crystalmsc wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:57 am
Halonmusic wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:27 amI prefer V-Station but Bass Station has a certain character to it :wink:
It's the other way around for me :)
oh i see :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

A bit of new fodder for this thread: I just came along this thread (already viewed it some years ago, I think), with interesting opinions on different Novation hardware synths, and the V-Station: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... va-ii.html

Judging from sound demos, and comparisons between the V-Station and the K-Station, I can pretty much confirm this: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... stcount=45 The V-Station sounds brighter to me too (I don't know if it sounds "better", just let's put that aside). It's something I really notice very often. I think the DAC in those older hardware synths really weren't very hi-fi. Of course you can argue that it added to the sound that it muffled the high frequencies. ;)

If you want muffled high frequencies, that easy, any eq will do... Its more difficult if they are missing...

chk071 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:26 pm Of course you can argue that it added to the sound that it muffled the high frequencies. ;)
"analog warmth" is the term you're looking for. ;)

Tj Shredder wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:14 am If you want muffled high frequencies, that easy, any eq will do... Its more difficult if they are missing...
:tu:

Actually, as odd as it sounds, I sometimes do that with Waldorf Largo, when the highs are a bit too piercing.
GaryG wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:24 am
chk071 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:26 pm Of course you can argue that it added to the sound that it muffled the high frequencies. ;)
"analog warmth" is the term you're looking for. ;)
Haha. :D

More like oldschool digital warmth in this case though, I guess. :)

I love it still. Lots of my go-to sub bass patches were made in v station and they sound amazing. I had a k-station very briefly right before v-station was released. It also does nice little pads and fx. The cpu usage in nothing as well. For many years I was very content using synth 1, vaz, Discovery, and v-station for almost all of my straight forward synth sounds. I started using zebra2 for lots of things when I got it.
I'll keep using v-station until they (novation or steinberg or microsoft) break it in an update. For the price it is a great starter synth. I would have killed for something that nice when I was just starting out.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

I had the issue that I couldn't activate the V-Station on Windows 11... unfortunately, the website which is needed for the activation (when you click on the "Activate" button in the plugin, you get a link to a website where you have to fill in your email adress, and the activation code of your V-Station) won't work with modern browsers. It always reports a mismatch between the SSL version of the client and the server, and, the website cannot be accessed.

What I did after correspondence with Novation support was to copy the link and activation code to a Windows 10 computer, open the registration website with the Internet Explorer (which also complained about the unsafe website, but at least allowed to open it with a click...), fill in my email adress and activation code on the website, and it then sent me an email with the activation file. I opened that email on Windows 11, saved the activation file to the hard disk, and then activated V-Station with that file.

The plugin seems to work fine on Windows 11, just like pretty much anything else. :)

I'm not sure how long the registration website will still exist though. I wouldn't be surprised if Novation would take if offline soon, as it's not accessible from regular browsers anyway. Guess I can consider myself lucky that I was still able to access it...

I recently ran into the same thing. You can configure Firefox to allow TLS 1.0 sites, which will get the site working. Also counted myself lucky - I love this synth.

eidetic wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:28 am You can configure Firefox to allow TLS 1.0 sites, which will get the site working.
Ah... I didn't know that. Using Internet Explorer always feels a bit awkward. :D

V-Station Is great and i remember the first time i used it when it came out and it used 45% Cpu for one instance at that time :D
I would have kept using it but i have runned out of authorizations and can't be bother to beg for new ones since i am tired of everything that is C\R Protected.

This is why i haven't bothered to install Synapse Legend either after having a lenghty disscusion with the Synapse team because they meant that i had used to many authorizations in a short time period when i had to beg for new authorizations from them.

Being treated like a Criminal Because i had issues with my PC and i had to reauthorize that many times is not anything that i am interested in anymore and why i won't buy anymore from them.....

Are V-Station authorizations limited? I never noticed... I authorized it at least half a dozen times.

D-Fusion wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:14 am Being treated like a Criminal Because i had issues with my PC and i had to reauthorize that many times is not anything that i am interested in anymore and why i won't buy anymore from them.....
See it from their perspective: It's very hard to make sure that the plugins are used within the intended terms. I don't know what happened in your case, but, if you autohorize and re-authorize the plugin 10 times, I can't blame them for thinking there's something fishy. Especially as most developers surely won't implement complex checks to make sure it's the customer which has authorized it every time.

Don't feel treated like a criminal. That's not the case. I don't trea people like criminals either when I lock my door. I treat criminals like criminals, because, they're the ones trying to access my house without my permission.

The usual reminder: You only buy a license to use the software, the software isn't yours.

Although this thread is about V-Station of course, not about copy protections. ;)

Did the sync arp to host daw ever get fixed? This would be a great synth for 90’s trance type if it has been. Other than that, not so much 🤷‍♂️
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Return to “Instruments”