Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
Pflugshaupt
KVRer

20 posts since 12 May, 2005, from Zürich

Postby Pflugshaupt; Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:25 am apulSoft apQualizr2 enters beta

Hi all.

apulSoft has started a limited beta test of the new apQualizr2, the successor to apQualizr (formerly apEQ). Now with proper 64 bit support, VST3 support, AAX support and an added modular modulation system. If you want to know more or would like to join the testing, head to the homepage: [url]apulSoft.ch/apqualizr2[/url]. Feel free to discuss anything apQualizr2 related on this forum thread!

SpecialSpecimen
KVRist

169 posts since 20 Dec, 2007

Postby SpecialSpecimen; Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:48 am Re: apulSoft apQualizr2 enters beta

This is great news!

New modulation options look awesome!!

:)
hivkorn
KVRAF

2410 posts since 6 Sep, 2007, from France

Postby hivkorn; Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:02 am Re: apulSoft apQualizr2 enters beta

i will keep an eyes on this plugin , do you plain to add other fx (like distortion) in this plugin ?
What will be the price?
Pflugshaupt
KVRer

Postby Pflugshaupt; Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:43 am Re: apulSoft apQualizr2 enters beta

Hi hivkorn. The price has not been fixed yet. The old apQualizr price is €49, it'll be in the same range.

I do plan to add more modules in the future. It all depends on how well things are going. Distortion is not on top of the list, but it is certainly a possiblity. The output clipper already allows for some distortion if a very hot signal is produced in the plugin.
xalama qo
KVRian

1120 posts since 7 Jun, 2007

Postby xalama qo; Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:46 am Re: apulSoft apQualizr2 enters beta

Exciting stuff! Woohoo! :wheee:
fabrik sound design - Presets for Sawer
sinkmusic
KVRAF

6088 posts since 28 Apr, 2004, from france

Postby sinkmusic; Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:08 am Re: apulSoft apQualizr2 enters beta

Interesting !
Does the "aux" pin do what i hope ? :)
Can we solo bands ? and bypass them (without losing the settings) ?
Will we be able to "stack" instances (like with iieq) to control several instances at once within a single window ?
Cooker
KVRian

656 posts since 29 Jul, 2008

Postby Cooker; Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:19 am Re: apulSoft apQualizr2 enters beta

If I remember correct the upsampling was terrible with that eq, made things sound harsh. Still was very nicely designed, I'll be following.
Pflugshaupt
KVRer

Postby Pflugshaupt; Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:37 am Re: apulSoft apQualizr2 enters beta

I agree. The oversampling of the old apQualizr was causing some issues. Although some customers really liked what it did. In any case there is no oversampling in the new version. Instead it uses corrected matched Z transform to get accurate responses over the full frequency range.

Bands can be soloed and bypassed. Multiple bands can be edited at once.
The aux thing lets you use a filter band in a side-chain fashion. A filter in aux mode is applied to the input and the aux pin get the filtered signal which can be used to drive modulation.

There is no stacking of instances.
pekbro
KVRian

1292 posts since 29 Sep, 2010, from Maui

Postby pekbro; Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:53 am Re: apulSoft apQualizr2 enters beta

This is pretty neat, I have yet to run it through its paces much, definitely
very interesting though.

Looking forward to exploring it more. :tu:

-Cheers
sinkmusic
KVRAF

6088 posts since 28 Apr, 2004, from france

Postby sinkmusic; Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:16 am Re: apulSoft apQualizr2 enters beta

Pflugshaupt wrote:The aux thing lets you use a filter band in a side-chain fashion. A filter in aux mode is applied to the input and the aux pin get the filtered signal which can be used to drive modulation.

So it can act as a dynamic eq ?
justin3am
KVRAF

10153 posts since 7 May, 2006, from Southern California

Postby justin3am; Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:34 am Re: apulSoft apQualizr2 enters beta

Looks great. I'm not in a position to beta test but I was one of those people who liked the original apEQ. I think I still have it installed but I don't use as much. That would certainly change with a modulation section added.

On an unrelated note... I seem to remember apulSoft being the ones who did the Intel Mac ports for the smart electronix plug-ins. Is there any chance of an update for 64-bit versions? Maybe unlikely but I figure it couldn't hurt to ask. :)
Lesha
KVRian

1264 posts since 17 Feb, 2005, from Serbia

Postby Lesha; Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:39 am Re: apulSoft apQualizr2 enters beta

sinkmusic wrote:
Pflugshaupt wrote:The aux thing lets you use a filter band in a side-chain fashion. A filter in aux mode is applied to the input and the aux pin get the filtered signal which can be used to drive modulation.

So it can act as a dynamic eq ?

Yes, here are the modules that can be added:

You can also make a multiband compressor.

It's easy if you know how
Pflugshaupt
KVRer

Postby Pflugshaupt; Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:55 am Re: apulSoft apQualizr2 enters beta

justin3am wrote:On an unrelated note... I seem to remember apulSoft being the ones who did the Intel Mac ports for the smart electronix plug-ins. Is there any chance of an update for 64-bit versions? Maybe unlikely but I figure it couldn't hurt to ask. :)

Yeah it's quite unlikely, but I've seen Bram who did these plugins in programmer forums lately, so maybe he'll do it by himself.
Izak Synthiemental
KVRist

374 posts since 4 Aug, 2010

Postby Izak Synthiemental; Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:03 am Re: apulSoft apQualizr2 enters beta

Lesha wrote:Yes, here are the modules that can be added:

You can also make a multiband compressor.

Nice. Does the Comp module (and other modules) support external sidechain? I like the concept so far: an enhanced equalizer, that basically becomes a multiband multi-FX unit.
http://soundcloud.com/samaritageto

Proper Education Always Corrects Errors
xalama qo
KVRian

1120 posts since 7 Jun, 2007

Postby xalama qo; Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:28 am Re: apulSoft apQualizr2 enters beta

This is a whole lot of fun! Loving the comb filter :tu:
fabrik sound design - Presets for Sawer
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects