Focusrite Plugin Collective

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Exponential Audio: R2

bharris22 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:05 pm The reverse is true, as well. I used to own a Focusrite Saffire firewire interface, which ultimately failed and I had to get rid of. I had it registered to my Focusrite account and had been getting the Focusrite Plugin Collective offers for a while (in addition to the Novation Sound Collective offers, as I also own Novation hardware). All of a sudden, the Focusrite offers stopped, and when I called Focusrite about it they said that they couldn't reinstate me even though they had a record of my Saffire interface purchase/serial number. Pretty crappy, I thought.
Does “get rid of” mean sold it to a third party or did you throw it away?

Thanks for the tip on the Puremagnetik stuff.
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

Will try the Puremagnetik stuff. Thanks

This is very cool that they are offering the sound collective stuff to Focusrite owners because this "month's" plugin collective offering was quite the dud.
Focusrite is awesome! Even when they disappoint, they don't disappoint!

And to clear up the confusion. Always go to your account on the Focusrite home page (not the plugin collective specific page) and go the my software tab to see what the current offers for you are.

This Puremagnetik stuff is pretty interesting.
Verv is a total Boards of Canada machine.
I've seen about a gazillion threads with people who say they are chasing that sound.
Well, here you go. And it couldn't be any easier to use.

The other two I haven't really figured out yet.
They don't seem to work very well for real time performance because it is hard to control the delay time before the effect comes in. So you'll have a dry signal and then all of a sudden awhile later this mangled signal abruptly comes in. At least that's true of the presets and I haven't figured out how to get good results yet on my own.
It works well as 100% wet for background ambient sounds from an audio file or something though.

Also the GUIs are kind of interesting as they basically have a manual printed on them.
Kind of a weird approach, giving all the parameters cryptic names and then giving you a legend that is always on the screen that shows what's really going on.
I kind of like it though. At least it's better than just giving cryptic names and leaving it at that like so many others.

Local Man wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:33 pmThe other two I haven't really figured out yet.
They don't seem to work very well for real time performance because it is hard to control the delay time before the effect comes in. So you'll have a dry signal and then all of a sudden awhile later this mangled signal abruptly comes in.
Found that, also. Will try soon with pre-recorded audio :tu:

fortycoats wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:24 pm
bharris22 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:05 pm The reverse is true, as well. I used to own a Focusrite Saffire firewire interface, which ultimately failed and I had to get rid of. I had it registered to my Focusrite account and had been getting the Focusrite Plugin Collective offers for a while (in addition to the Novation Sound Collective offers, as I also own Novation hardware). All of a sudden, the Focusrite offers stopped, and when I called Focusrite about it they said that they couldn't reinstate me even though they had a record of my Saffire interface purchase/serial number. Pretty crappy, I thought.
Threw it away. The cost to repair it that Focusrite quoted me was practically what a new unit would cost.

Sciurus wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:48 pm I got the Puremagnetik offer even though I've never owned any Novation hardware. All I have from Novation is the Bass Station plugin (which I of course got for free with my Focusrite hardware).
Same here. And other than UJam not sending me a verification e-mail when I registered, I haven't had any problem downloading, activating and using this month's and last month's offers.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

bharris22 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:43 pm
fortycoats wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:24 pm
Threw it away. The cost to repair it that Focusrite quoted me was practically what a new unit would cost.
That’s very surprising to read, I’ve found Focusrite/Novation customer support to be excellent the few times I have used it. Even sent parts for something I purchased second hand. I’m also not sure why they would de-register your product and prevent access to the collective. This latest one is for Novation products, Focusrite has a separate one with other free software.

If you own something from both companies it appears like it’s universal but that’s just to make the registration process easier.

This is completely weird. I logged into my Focusrite account the other day and the Puremagnetic stuff was there (along with Ujam Virtual Guitarist). But I didn't have time to download it at the time. So I just went back to claim the software and now the Puremagnetic software is gone? It's just the Ujam software now. What the hell?

spooky
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

It's gone for me too.

Halloween?

If you registered, maybe get it here?
https://puremagnetik.com/products/lo-fi-ambient-tools​

Frankly, it's no big loss. Tried them and uninstalled. In the end did not find them useful nor did they add anything to my existing arsenal.

These plugins are exactly what defines something that sounds good on paper but is not much use in practice.
No signature here!

I like Puremagnetik plugs so I'm disappointed to see that the supposed Puremagnetik offer is not in my account. However, I am a fan of VG-Iron so I'm still happy!

Return to “Effects”