1968 Pt 4 Grosvenor Square (Full and finished version)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gone
Last edited by Googly Smythe on Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2:27 - 4:50 is such a great part. Don't tell me you aren't a big Genesis fan. ;)

Some things could be done better in my eyes, but the song itself all in all is great. Being a Drummer myself here and there I would reduce the drums, make it more creepy and subtile, but I'm totally influenced by Collins and what he would have done on this song.

It seems you have pictures in your head before doing a song. That's the way I do my songs.

What mellotron u use?

Cruba wrote:2:27 - 4:50 is such a great part. Don't tell me you aren't a big Genesis fan. ;)

Some things could be done better in my eyes, but the song itself all in all is great. Being a Drummer myself here and there I would reduce the drums, make it more creepy and subtile, but I'm totally influenced by Collins and what he would have done on this song.

It seems you have pictures in your head before doing a song. That's the way I do my songs.

What mellotron u use?
Thanks for listening and taking the time to comment!
1) Genesis - a fan of the first 2 albums, especially Nursery Crymes.
2) Drums - yeah, too much Neil Peart, not enough Ringo!
3) Yep, I have a vision of the "song" before I start - sometimes the finished track even resembles that vision! Like this one. :D
4) The mellotron sounds (strings and flutes) are from the Haliotronic instrument in HALion. Bass and pads are HALion, too.
:tu:

A good conclusion to your 1968 set. I really like those hippy ladies! And I agree with Cruba that the kind of Genesis-esque part in the middle is really strong. You change the mood several times in there in a slightly surprising but welcome kind of way. Thanks for sharing!

Sounds more 90s grunge to me
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Sounds more 90s grunge to me
:o

Rocking this loud as we speak :D
marvelous, it's always a joy! do you like mike oldfield?

Jesse Gorter wrote:Rocking this loud as we speak :D
marvelous, it's always a joy! do you like mike oldfield?
I did buy Tubular Bells, but it was such a bad recording I lost interest. Too much overdubbing... :(

I finally got some time to listen to this, although I heard the short excerpt from almost two weeks ago. You managed to work this one out very well indeed. There are a few different sections which all seem to link together well. The 'trons sound great. I'm a big fan of 'em from way back. Many of the modern emulations are extremely good at reproducing the sound. I liked the guitars too. Shreddage is also a very impressive piece of kit. Nice job with the mix too. The HF content sounds less "exciting" than some of your earlier tracks and, I think, makes this a much easier listen.

Good work :)

P.S. Nursery Cryme was Genesis' third album

seismic1 wrote:I finally got some time to listen to this, although I heard the short excerpt from almost two weeks ago. You managed to work this one out very well indeed. There are a few different sections which all seem to link together well. The 'trons sound great. I'm a big fan of 'em from way back. Many of the modern emulations are extremely good at reproducing the sound. I liked the guitars too. Shreddage is also a very impressive piece of kit. Nice job with the mix too. The HF content sounds less "exciting" than some of your earlier tracks and, I think, makes this a much easier listen.

Good work :)
Thanks for listening, and taking the time comment.

I absolutely adore the sound of a Mellotron :hug: . Growing up in the '60s, it seemed as if every other song in the charts featured one. Then along came The Moody Blues and King Crimson...

I use Shreddage 'cos I'm not as nimble with the fingers as I used to be. :( It does a good job when riffing - soloing, well, that's down to the artiste's programming skills... :D

So far as the HF goes - low pass filtering at the mastering stage! I've also started to add an eq as the final mastering processor, with the highs boosted, quite substantially. (Bypassed on rendering, of course!) When I'm "working", family members wince as they walk past...
Anyways, merry Christmas! :party:
And a happy New Year! :tu:

ps
seismic1 wrote:P.S. Nursery Cryme was Genesis' third album
I keep forgetting "From Genesis To Revelation"! :oops:

Return to “Music Cafe”