Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

Peter Gabriel, Robert Smith, David Bowie, Prince - everyone used mouse as a music controller. What's wrong with me? :O

Roman Wisniak wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:20 pm Peter Gabriel, Robert Smith, David Bowie, Prince - everyone used mouse as a music controller. What's wrong with me? :O
i imagine a mouse has been used at some point by most of these, at least someone on the production team would have if not the artist themselves.
ive seen pictures of prince sat at a big computer/mixer set up and peter gabriel is well in to tech. id imagine bowie didnt keep his hands off in the production stage either.

Roman Wisniak wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:20 pm Peter Gabriel, Robert Smith, David Bowie, Prince - everyone used mouse as a music controller. What's wrong with me? :O
nothing. tools are what allow geniuses to push the state of the art. so move the line, roland.

I don't think they're known for line dancing.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

:lol:

Love it 😍

Hey, friends! Brian from Roland Cloud here. This week, we've released our SDZ085 Dark Wave and SDZ086 Nu Disco packs. This modern retro vibe is right up my alley personally, so I've been jamming on Video Bass and Replica Keys from Dark Wave, and Slip Synth from from Nu Disco quite a bit already. Check them out and let us know what you think!

SDZ085 Dark Wave
"Channel some weighty post-punk moods with Dark Wave—a toolbox of edgy synths, strings, and basses crafted with a blend of virtual analog and PCM sounds.

SDZ086 Nu Disco
Bring a new dimension of power to your dance tracks with Nu-Disco Essentials—a punchy collection of basses, pads, and keys for disco, house, R&B, and other groove-driven styles.

Thanks!

https://www.rolandcloud.com/news/dar...d-packs-now-av

Brian.McClelland wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:15 am Hey, friends! Brian from Roland Cloud here. This week, we've released our SDZ085 Dark Wave and SDZ086 Nu Disco packs. This modern retro vibe is right up my alley personally, so I've been jamming on Video Bass and Replica Keys from Dark Wave, and Slip Synth from from Nu Disco quite a bit already. Check them out and let us know what you think!

SDZ085 Dark Wave
"Channel some weighty post-punk moods with Dark Wave—a toolbox of edgy synths, strings, and basses crafted with a blend of virtual analog and PCM sounds.

SDZ086 Nu Disco
Bring a new dimension of power to your dance tracks with Nu-Disco Essentials—a punchy collection of basses, pads, and keys for disco, house, R&B, and other groove-driven styles.

Thanks!

Oh look. More Zenology presets. Exactly what I was waiting for :hihi:

:x :x :x :x :x :x
Fernando (FMR)

I like 'em. They make better presets than I'll ever make and even with the horrible tax, they are still a cheap way to load up on sounds related to specific styles.

If they're not for you, then nobody is forcing you to purchase them. How much do Tone2 charge for a few presets? Answer: A lot. The Roland presets are consistently of very high quality imho. Third party preset sellers (for other products) are often hit and miss, and they charge an arm and a leg for their efforts.

As long as Roland keep selling them, I expect I'll keep on grabbing them.

Aloysius wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:36 am I like 'em. They make better presets than I'll ever make and even with the horrible tax, they are still a cheap way to load up on sounds related to specific styles.

If they're not for you, then nobody is forcing you to purchase them. How much do Tone2 charge for a few presets? Answer: A lot. The Roland presets are consistently of very high quality imho. Third party preset sellers (for other products) are often hit and miss, and they charge an arm and a leg for their efforts.

As long as Roland keep selling them, I expect I'll keep on grabbing them.
What I pay monthly for the subscription is enough for a pack of presets on the vast majority of vendors. Even on Tone 2, which you mentioned, two montlhly payments is more than what I would pay for one pack. And I can choose what I want, instead of having to accept what "they think" I want (as a matter of fact, I usually don't give a sh...).

Diference is, I rarely buy other people's presets. I use to make my own, for what I want, and the way I want. And I certainly would not subscribe to have a pack of 64/128 presets evey month, even if I could choose which one it would be (which I can't). And I suspect I'm not alone. :roll:

But it's OK - the end is near. A couple of months more, grab the two extra instruments, and bye bye Roland
Last edited by fmr on Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Could fmr be Mystic Meg?

Aloysius wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:31 am Could fmr be Mystic Meg?
:?: :?: :?:
Fernando (FMR)

Brian.McClelland wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:15 am Hey, friends! Brian from Roland Cloud here. This week, we've released our SDZ085 Dark Wave and SDZ086 Nu Disco packs.
I am getting a 404 error for that link.

Aloysius wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:36 am If they're not for you, then nobody is forcing you to purchase them. How much do Tone2 charge for a few presets? Answer: A lot.
Actually if you compare Tone2 to the prices from Roland for presets, I see one from Roland for $19.99 that has 64 presets, another is 32 presets for $19.99, and there's one with 50 presets for $19.99. Many of the Tone2 soundsets are 200 or more and are $49 (or so). The EDM and Pop soundset for Electra2 is has 224 presets in it.

Return to “Instruments”