VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

sinemotor wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:24 am
Nobody asked for the Zenology
:roll:
Roland making the software version of their successful PCM-VA engine ? I call that a great idea. Just as good as their ACB emulations.
I never said it wasn't. The point of my post is that nobody requested it. RC is following their own schedule, so regardless of what they say, it's a bit fruitless to request anything.

...My gosh, people on KVR are toxic and need to read more instead of jumping the chance to be sassy lol.

Shiek927 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:40 am Don't bother with requests, guys. They'll just say they'll add it to the list, but they are following their own itinerary and will focus on what they want, when they want it. Nobody asked for the Zenology or many of the things they've put out, but here we are.
Hi, Shiek927! Brian from Roland Cloud here. We track all of the user requests over time to see what the main interests are. It's correct that ZENOLOGY Pro was launched as a new engine with better CPU usage per member demand. We've had several requests to expand the JUNO Legendary series, so we launched the JUNO-60. When we had requests for more drum machines, we've launched the TR-606/707/727 to fill out the line. We've actually had many requests for more SDZ Sound Packs, which is why we've continued the series.

Roland has a long history full of wonderful and unique instruments, and we'd love to get to them all, but it takes time to develop accurate software versions. We want to make sure that you get the best possible experience when you create, so we're dedicating the time to deliver that to you. Thanks!
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:30 pm Any sign of reverb FX any time soon, Brian?
Hey, WatchTheGuitar! In the interest of providing consistency across multiple platforms, we are investigating ways to implement this for both software and hardware users alike. Thanks! :phones:
Last edited by Brian.McClelland on Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hey, friends! Brian from Roland Cloud here. This week we've released the SYSTEM-100 Solid patch collection by Van Derand.
The mighty, semi-modular SYSTEM-100 is a true powerhouse of a synth, and this clean and elegant patch collection fully leverages its unique sonic footprint. Packed with everything from warm basses and gentle leads to versatile sequences and mysterious special effects, there’s plenty of fuel to elevate compositions in any genre.

Check it out at:
https://rolandcloud.com/news/new-patches-for-system-100

Thanks!

Brian.McClelland wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:43 pm
Shiek927 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:40 am Don't bother with requests, guys. They'll just say they'll add it to the list, but they are following their own itinerary and will focus on what they want, when they want it. Nobody asked for the Zenology or many of the things they've put out, but here we are.
Hi, Shiek927! Brian from Roland Cloud here. We track all of the user requests over time to see what the main interests are. It's correct that ZENOLOGY Pro was launched as a new engine with better CPU usage per member demand. We've had several requests to expand the JUNO Legendary series, so we launched the JUNO-60. When we had requests for more drum machines, we've launched the TR-606/707/727 to fill out the line. We've actually had many requests for more SDZ Sound Packs, which is why we've continued the series.

Roland has a long history full of wonderful and unique instruments, and we'd love to get to them all, but it takes time to develop accurate software versions. We want to make sure that you get the best possible experience when you create, so we're dedicating the time to deliver that to you. Thanks!
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:30 pm Any sign of reverb FX any time soon, Brian?
Hey, WatchTheGuitar! In the interest of providing consistency across multiple platforms, we are investigating ways to implement this for both software and hardware users alike. Thanks! :phones:
I'd like to think that you won't leave ACB hanging in favor of Zenology in the future.
I hope a proper 2 layered JX10-Jx8P amalgamation would follow into the Legendary series.

Hi Brian McClelland
A quick question. Is it possible to choose the D50 as a play-for-life lifetime choice?

Hello forum. I'm a new guy here and found this forum because of my interest in replacing my dead Roland Synths. I'm in the Roland Cloud now, and most everything sounds great to me.

In this post I just wanted to give folks a heads up about using Roland Cloud and Logic on a live gig.
Last weekend I had a jazz gig until 10 and then I had to make the second set with a rock band at 11 30. I had spent a lot of time doing sound design for the rock band because there are a lot of classic synth sounds I needed to layer and save in order to do that music correctly.

So I pull up 15 min before the gig at 11 30, security waves me past several hundred people to where my backline was all set up...I had my USB controller and laptop was all. I plug in and power up, NONE of the Roland sounds would play. Nada, zilch. Even the main output on Logic's master buss was for shit and then I remembered...I was in a new location and Roland didn't know it and unless I could get online and revalidate my membership and sounds, I was f**ked. And I certainly was. Amongst the throngs of insane drunk fans and weed smoke, I came to my senses and used my mobile hotspot on my phone to get online and then the Roland stuff SLOWLY started to work.

It ended up being a giant pain in the ass as program changes were very slow and having really great rhythm, it didn't seem to matter....the Roland VST's were all sluggish and made me look bad.

Now I'm super bummed because I am gonna have to redo all my sound design with synths that don't require going online to get verified while trying to do a gig.

Hope this helps anyone. Still love these sounds and use them every day in the studio.

N 4 LIFE wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:59 am Hello forum. I'm a new guy here and found this forum because of my interest in replacing my dead Roland Synths. I'm in the Roland Cloud now, and most everything sounds great to me.

In this post I just wanted to give folks a heads up about using Roland Cloud and Logic on a live gig.
Last weekend I had a jazz gig until 10 and then I had to make the second set with a rock band at 11 30. I had spent a lot of time doing sound design for the rock band because there are a lot of classic synth sounds I needed to layer and save in order to do that music correctly.

So I pull up 15 min before the gig at 11 30, security waves me past several hundred people to where my backline was all set up...I had my USB controller and laptop was all. I plug in and power up, NONE of the Roland sounds would play. Nada, zilch. Even the main output on Logic's master buss was for shit and then I remembered...I was in a new location and Roland didn't know it and unless I could get online and revalidate my membership and sounds, I was f**ked. And I certainly was. Amongst the throngs of insane drunk fans and weed smoke, I came to my senses and used my mobile hotspot on my phone to get online and then the Roland stuff SLOWLY started to work.

It ended up being a giant pain in the ass as program changes were very slow and having really great rhythm, it didn't seem to matter....the Roland VST's were all sluggish and made me look bad.

Now I'm super bummed because I am gonna have to redo all my sound design with synths that don't require going online to get verified while trying to do a gig.

Hope this helps anyone. Still love these sounds and use them every day in the studio.
That's pretty bad. I hope someone from Roland sees this.

That's horrible dude. The RC anti-piracy measures just hurt the paying customer.

Every RC plug has been cracked, so the privacy measures are useless anyway.

I would love it if Roland went the Arturia approach and sold their plugins in a bundle with one-time verification per machine.

Sounds like a nightmare to try n gig with Roland Cloud.
As far as requests, there's been an ongoing request for midi program changes since 2016 for their Vsts and Roland just recently said they have no plans to implement them. So I have to agree here, Roland is definitely NOT listening to their customers. Unfortunately and I get the whole damage control thing, Brain has to do to keep a positive spin on the company, but between all the issues on top of a company that refuses to adhere to the paying customers wants and needs.
Roland really needs to look in the mirror here.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

N 4 LIFE wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:59 am Hello forum. I'm a new guy here and found this forum because of my interest in replacing my dead Roland Synths. I'm in the Roland Cloud now, and most everything sounds great to me.

Hi, N 4 LIFE. Brian from Roland Cloud here. Sorry to hear about the connection issues at the gig. Many of our users keep their machines connected one internet connection for home use, but as players bring these instruments out live more, we are escalating our investigation into improving the stability across new wifi networks and different systems. As a touring guy myself, here's what I recommend for optimal Roland Cloud performance on the go.

First, make sure to restart your computer before the show. RC will most likely check to see if the instruments are authorized if you are using a different IP address than your last login. In this case, it's good to connect to venue wifi, or the hotspot on your phone. From there, launch Roland Cloud Manager to authorize all of the instruments at once. Open your session and you should be good to go.

Thanks!
Purpan wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:49 am Hi Brian McClelland
A quick question. Is it possible to choose the D50 as a play-for-life lifetime choice?
Hi, Purpan. It is indeed. To select your Reward Instrument Lifetime Key(s), login to http://www.rolandcloud.com, click on your profile in the top right corner, and go the My Account tab. There will be a widget there where you can select the rewards available to you. For assistance with your account, please feel free to reach out to us any time through the Contact Support portal in the lower left corner of Roland Cloud Manager. Thanks!

Good to hear Roland are investigating way to make it easier for touring musicians, however they should have already known that having to reauthorize plugins because you have a new IP is utter crap.

Hi Brian. Why does Roland make everything so much more difficult than it needs to be?
It has so far kept me away from buying any Roland plugins.

Why not just let people buy and use the software without all the hoops and strings attached?
I would literally own all Roland VSTs right now instead of none, if that was the case.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:29 pm Hi Brian. Why does Roland make everything so much more difficult than it needs to be?
It has so far kept me away from buying any Roland plugins.

Why not just let people buy and use the software without all the hoops and strings attached?
I would literally own all Roland VSTs right now instead of none, if that was the case.
This.
On a number of Macs

Hey everyone on the forums here, N 4 Life here.
Happy Friday eve.
So, in response to Brian from Roland and everyone else ITT here is what I have to say.
Reboot laptop? Duh, did that upon arrival. Check internet connection? Duh, what other option?
I work at beach bars up and down the Cali Coast where the internet is complete shit.
Last thing I need is another step in between me and the music. I don't want to have to virtually
go all the way to Tokyo just to get my shit to work when I have less than ten minutes to set up and
kick ass.
I'm really sad about this, and under other aliases, I lament about this on other forums.
My basic issue is this: sell something and move on. That's it. No JX8P stand alone.
I could go on and on, but I'm going to just sample the Roland Sounds I pay big money for
into Logic and quit the cloud. It's a shitshow. Every additional step is just greed. Think about it
I'm baffled as to who might be making exec decisions over there at Roland. They need to show up
and be accountable instead of sending Brian out day after day and us filling him full of lead.

Brian.McClelland wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:52 pm
Purpan wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:49 am Hi Brian McClelland
Hi, Purpan. It is indeed. To select your Reward Instrument Lifetime Key(s), login to http://www.rolandcloud.com, click on your profile in the top right corner, and go the My Account tab. There will be a widget there where you can select the rewards available to you. For assistance with your account, please feel free to reach out to us any time through the Contact Support portal in the lower left corner of Roland Cloud Manager. Thanks!
Hi Brian. Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately there's a problem with selecting the D50 as a play4life choice in the My Account tab section. If you have pro-access selected for the D50 in Roland Cloud Manager, My Account tells you that you "already have" D50 when you try to choose it, and won't let you make that choice. And in Roland Cloud Manager, it's impossible to de-select pro-access for the D50. Catch 22.

Return to “Instruments”