Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

yul wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:19 pm Thanks! What other PCM's are you getting with Zenology Pro?
It is a few selected PCM's from different SRX + AX Synth + some new ones i think.
It also includes the drumkits from Roland JD-Xi.

Zenology Pro has 1840 PCM which is almost 50% more than the XV 5080 but when i looked closer i noticed that some of them are the same in various pcm banks so it is closer to 3-400 more in total.

The Zenology Pro also have more filter variations to choose from + the new ones are 12-18-24 Pole and the other are 12-24 Pole while the XV 5080 is 12 Pole only or you can hack it to use both filters to get 24 Pole.

On the + side the XV 5080 has Reverb + more effects you can add to your patch at the same time vs Zenology Pro that only have 1 effect slot and no Reverb.

Since I am new to Zenology, how do I get to all of those PCMs? When I checked using an Init patch and started to skim through them, the number on my screen goes up to 620.

I had it set to ALL in the upper right to get that 620 number, but I just noticed if I click on certain categories, then there are higher numbers for the PCMs. :? I thought that was confusing. Shouldn't "ALL" mean you're getting a list of all possible PCMs?
PCMs.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Examigan on Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Examigan wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:55 pm Since I am new to Zenology, how do I get to all of those PCMs? When I checked using an Init patch and started to skim through them, the number on my screen goes up to 620.

PCMs.jpg
There are PCMs in Int A and B too and not only in Int C.
Int A = 963, Int B = 257, Int C = 620.

:dog: ok thanks, I get it now. I mistakenly thought it was the total amount (620) as I automatically thought the numbering system continued from one bank to the next.

Examigan wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:09 pm :dog: ok thanks, I get it now. I mistakenly thought it was the total amount (620) as I automatically thought the numbering system continued from one bank to the next.
He-he. That happens sometimes with all of us :tu:

I wish the wave browser screen could be resized as the text is very small in that window, even if the plugin itself has been zoomed in better.

Brian.McClelland wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:35 pm The reality is that with the amount of resources it takes to develop these instruments, it is not possible to offer them without piracy prevention mechanisms. We understand that this may not work for all systems and workflows. We are working to provide the best possible music creation experience we can, and we plan on bringing you more new instruments and sounds long into the future.
But Roland isn't any more immune to piracy than any other audio developer. Sadly, it's once again a case of the pirates getting a better user experience than paying customers. But with Roland, paying customers aren't merely getting inconvenienced. They're getting locked out of their software when they're playing gigs.

I'm sure Arturia is raking in way more money with the V Collection than Roland is with this Cloud nonsense. Arturia is making a killing selling software models of ROLAND gear, because they WANT to sell products to customers, while Roland believes their products are too precious to actually make them accessible to potential customers. Perhaps Roland should get out of the software business until they decide they actually WANT to be in it.

SELL a synth bundle for a REASONABLE price with REASONABLE copy protection like a normal software developer who doesn't hate their own customers, or GTFO.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Brian.McClelland wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:35 pm
The reality is that with the amount of resources it takes to develop these instruments, it is not possible to offer them without piracy prevention mechanisms.
I understand, but why no iLok then? ( I guess it has to do with the subsciption model)
RolandCloud has been cracked a long time already.
It must be hard to defend over and over again these weird practices from Roland. It is obvious that almost no-one likes how Roland does this thing. Are they really so stubborn that they really want to lose sales and drive ppl to the cracked versions. I really dont understand.

The way i see it is that it is not about Copy Protection at all.
It is all about Marketing where they want to trick you into buying more stuff every 30days when you have to reopen the Roland Cloud Manager to Reauthorize your license.

And as many have pointed out it only punish us legit owners who own many of your products since they are already availible on the other side without any Marketing Hype every 30 days.

D-Fusion wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:43 pm It is a few selected PCM's from different SRX + AX Synth + some new ones i think.
It also includes the drumkits from Roland JD-Xi.

Zenology Pro has 1840 PCM which is almost 50% more than the XV 5080 but when i looked closer i noticed that some of them are the same in various pcm banks so it is closer to 3-400 more
Thanks it's not easy to tell if SRX modules are exclusive. So far it does seem like the waveforms are not available im Zen Pro but no firm answer.

Nice to be able to make an informed decision.

For my part I was mainly interested by SRX Studio and just want to know if included im Zen Pro or not.

Cheers

The Zenology browser is pretty aggravating. You have to close it before editing. It'd be great if Roland would allow the browser and editor to be freely open and not restrict one from the other.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Updates for cloud synths (legendary line, at least.) Roland Brian - can we get change logs?

XpanderDude wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:28 pm Updates for cloud synths (legendary line, at least.) Roland Brian - can we get change logs?
It would be nice if the ACB ones were finally usable on ARM Macs, but I'm not holding my breath...

After the last update, several of the synths got way more usable on M1 - I tried system8 and Jupiter 8 last night, no more crackles at a reasonable 128 samples….

yul wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:38 am Thanks it's not easy to tell if SRX modules are exclusive. So far it does seem like the waveforms are not available im Zen Pro but no firm answer.

For my part I was mainly interested by SRX Studio and just want to know if included in Zen Pro or not.
There are additional extension packs for Zenology. They are named EXZ wave expansions and most of them are in fact the SRXs (=same waveforms and same presets).

EXZ005 Studio Sounds is the one you want : https://www.roland.com/global/products/ ... io_sounds/

Return to “Instruments”