Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

sinemotor wrote:
Ingonator wrote:In terms of effects amount the plugin seems to be somewhere between the XV-3080 and XV-5080.
So the plugin is a XV-4080 emulation then. :wink:
Funny, also as i just had exactly the same thought... :)
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote: Just had a look in the XV-3080 manual and this includes 63 effects in the "Patch MFX" section while the JV-1080 plugin has 78. In terms of effects amount the plugin seems to be somewhere between the XV-3080 and XV-5080.
I just found that just comparing the overall amount of effcts might be misleading.
When having a closer look and compare the FXs found in the plugin to the list of effects in the XV-5080 (list found in the manual) the plugin seems to include effects not included in XV-5080 and vice versa.

I'll try to check this more detailed.

PS:
Merry Christmas to all of you. :)
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

This is a Fantom X (not any other Fantom) emulation with XV-5080 waveforms but only the JV-2080 patch banks. JV-2080's General MIDI bank is missing because the XV-5080 replaced it with a single 256 patch GM2 bank, which is obviously incompatible with Roland's garbage-tier preset browser. This plugin was likely slapped together in less than a day and is missing a ton of features from any of the original synths. The XV waveforms are probably only included because they couldn't be assed to change the waveform numbers back to the original JV-1080 numbers.

I think that's all you guys need to know.

The interface is horrible and the stock sounds are for the most part not that great (it was the expansion boards that had the real gold), but people are going to buy it anyway.

Roland support seems not bad. Please post everything on their facebook roland cloud and they might update. It seems they really want this Service to succeed
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Romantique Tp wrote: This plugin was likely slapped together in less than a day and is missing a ton of features from any of the original synths.

Explain , when I look at the gui it's a identical to the integra's pcm engine.
And also identical to the jv-1080 ctrlr.org plugin.

What are the so- called missed features then ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Romantique Tp wrote:This plugin was likely slapped together in less than a day and is missing a ton of features from any of the original synths.
Likely not.

Trying these out. Sound is excellent. GUI is horrible and blurry when scaled up.

I can't get past having to move the mouse pointer around the knob in a circle. Is there a mode to make the knobs respond to up/down mouse movements like every other plugin on the planet?

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Trying these out. Sound is excellent. GUI is horrible and blurry when scaled up.

I can't get past having to move the mouse pointer around the knob in a circle. Is there a mode to make the knobs respond to up/down mouse movements like every other plugin on the planet?
Couldnt agree more. Doesn't remember re-size either so you have to do it each time, the display is so small I cant find the button to oprn option to make the display bigger! Preset browser is also very primative. I wish they would sort out the existing plugs (especilay as I actulay paid for them pre-cloud) rather than just throwiong more and more rompler stuff in the cloud to get more subscribers.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I wonder what impact the Roland Cloud has on Tal's business, which is mostly about emulations of classic Roland synths...

At first I thought the Roland Cloud is expensive, but when taking the sampled content such as Symphonic Legacy into consideration, it is quite some value...
At least if you have a fast and unlimited Internet access :hihi:

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Trying these out. Sound is excellent. GUI is horrible and blurry when scaled up.

I was complaining about this in a thread on the Roland Facebook page. They promised me they were aware of the "non optimal" mouse control of their plugins, and would be addressing it soon. That was over nine months ago, quite likely longer, I can't remember exactly; but suffice to say they've ignored the issue, and worse, released brand new Cloud products that continue the exact same behavior.

The cloud synth UIs are a joke. They might as well have been released in 2001 for the frustration they will cause anybody.

i have no meaningful opinion to offer on the sound quality. but Roland are in the dark ages of soft-synth UI design and I cannot take their Cloud product seriously (I demo'd, but didn't subscribe when it expired) until they fix this.
Last edited by mholloway on Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Honestly I would rather just buy the hardware unit than subscribe to a dodgy looking VSTi.
Took me 2 minutes to find 3 for sale here in Sweden just now, 2 of them under €150 (overpriced IMO)
I've seen them go for around €50.
Having said that I'll stick with Omnisphere. :hihi:

mholloway wrote:

I was complaining about this in a thread on the Roland Facebook page. They promised me they were aware of the "non optimal" mouse control of their plugins, and would be addressing it soon. That was over nine months ago, quite likely longer, I can't remember exactly; but suffice to say they've ignored the issue, and worse, released brand new Cloud products that continue the exact same behavior.

The cloud synth UIs are a joke. They might as well have been released in 2001 for the frustration they will cause anybody.

i have no meaningful opinion to offer on the sound quality. but Roland are in the dark ages of soft-synth UI design and I cannot take their Cloud product seriously (I demo'd, but didn't subscribe when it expired) until they fix this.
Hmm, well apparently they've improved cpu usage a lot so maybe they have separate teams on improvements or developing new products, who knows. I definitely wouldn't do the cloud until that mouse response is changed. But I'd maybe go for the system-8 instead of cloud as that has the ones I'm most interested in, the jupiter and juno (plus system-8). Plus full hardware control, seems nice. I wonder what the third plugout will be that's included (there's one more space as I understand it). I just wish there was a 5 octave keyboard, that I'd probably buy.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: But I'd maybe go for the system-8 instead of cloud as that has the ones I'm most interested in, the jupiter and juno (plus system-8). Plus full hardware control, seems nice. I wonder what the third plugout will be that's included (there's one more space as I understand it). I just wish there was a 5 octave keyboard, that I'd probably buy.
I was thinking of getting the System-something until they started with the cloud thing, now I just don't know what their focus is going to be or what will get abandoned. Maybe I still will eventually, the tight hardware integration is where I see Roland shining their best. I just kind of wish the shine wasn't neon green on black, that's not really to my tastes.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

All you people complaining of small GUI...

They are accurate Roland boutique vsts with the correct GUI size :hihi:

A note concerning the presets in the JV-1080 plugin:

The preset banks A to C correspond to the ROM banks A to C in the JV-1080 and JV-2080 while the bank D in the plugin corresponds to ROM bank E in the JV-2080 (i checked that in the JV-2080 manual).

The ROM bank D from JV-1080/2080 which corresponds to a GM bank does not seem to be included with the plugin.

Bank E in the plugin contains Rhythm sets with the first 8 patches in the bank. Those Rhythm sets also have different edit pages than the "normal" patches.
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”