Poll about the tutorial feature in Spaceship Delay (KVR DC 16)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

What did you think of Spaceship Delay embedded tutorial ?

I have read it and I have learnt a lot of things about delays in general and how to use the plug-in more specifically
24%
I have read it and I love it, but I have not learnt anything
6%
I have not read it, but I like the idea
18%
I like it but I would like a standard manual as well
18%
I have not read it, and I would prefer a standard manual
No votes
I didn't like the embedded tutorial
No votes
I don't read tutorials or manuals anyway
6%
What ? There is a tutorial in the plug-in ?
29%

Total votes: 17

RELATED
PRODUCTS
Spaceship Delay

Hello guys !

I'm creating this new topic because I would like to create a poll about a feature I have put in Spaceship Delay, and because I would like to have your opinion about it.

To recall you what it is about, in Spaceship Delay you can see an embedded manual / tutorial by clicking on the logo in the UI. It explains the basic concepts of the plug-in, and presents some tips and tricks about delays in general, with some controls available in the right of the text, such as classic doubling tricks, how to use the plug-in as a looper, how to achieve some dub gimmicks etc.

I have seen in a few plug-ins of the market some embedded help sections, and I like a lot that, but only when it's not too intrusive. Most of commercial plug-ins have also manuals, but I don't read them too much in general. However, I liked a lot the tutorials in Ableton Live, which help you at startup to learn all the basics of the DAW very efficiently, so I have tried to do something inspired by it in my plug-in, and I'd like to know what you think about it, so I can improve the concept in my next releases.

So, can you answer to the poll, and tell me if you have learnt things thanks to it, or if you have some ideas to improve the "embedded tutorial" concept ? Thanks a lot :wink:
Last edited by Ivan_C on Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

I really really like this, and hope embedded manual/guides/tutorials would be standard on all plugins.

Thanks ;)

.jon wrote:I really really like this, and hope embedded manual/guides/tutorials would be standard on all plugins.
I second that. Not too huge text portions, well written plus pics where what is - an absolutely nice guide you've done here. Ignorants can ignore it and willing learners have good chances to get more behind the ideas. Far more elegant than linking to external files.

Another example for a well integrated help-feature which comes to mind is jam origin midi guitar (which you probably know).
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

I will just try to give the access to it in a place more difficult to miss, when I do the UI rework ;)

And yes you are right, there is a feature like that in Midi Guitar, I didn't remember !

Return to “Effects”