OS X on Windows & Linux PCs

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.pearpc.net/index.php

check this out

cheers,
mully

Looks interesting.

Any word on how music apps would run in an emulated OSX?

Would you have to install osx drivers for your soundcard?

don't know... I need to find myself an OS X disk first

I dont see why they dont just release OSX for PC anyways. Especially for laptops. The G4 laptop is a freggin joke of a machine. So slow. I mean its not like Apple makes its own components anymore anyways. IBM processors, 3rd party video cards just like PC users, 3rd party HD's. Just give it up already. They would have a way bigger market share if you could run the OS on a PC.
Last edited by AD80 on Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keep in mind there are real costs for emulating hardware:

"Emulation is about 1/40 speed, meaning that your 3Ghz processor will behave like a 75Mhz processor."

see: http://www.overclockinghq.com/articles/pearpc.php

Let's hope they can improve those numbers substantially -- I'd love to take OSX for a spin.

well there are two versions... a generic one... and a fast one

yeah, they should just release OS X for for intel/amd arch but of course theyre very stubborn. theres no reason they cant other than a calculated marketing strategy, os x was actually released for intel hardware in the past, to developers.,...

well the problem is that Apple makes their money from hardware - not software.

carmen wrote:yeah, they should just release OS X for for intel/amd arch but of course theyre very stubborn. theres no reason they cant other than a calculated marketing strategy, os x was actually released for intel hardware in the past, to developers.,...
this will happen but not until OS X 10.4.8 "HelloKitty"
Last edited by Lady J on Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:lol:

This adaption is in its "infant" stages. It is extremely slow. They showed it on "techTV" and it chugged a 3ghz machine. Give it time, it might be cool. For now I still have my dual 500mhz machine do chug on its own.

AD80 wrote:They would have a way bigger market share if you could run the OS on a PC.
A larger market share of cracked OS install discs.

Apple makes their money off hardware. That's why so much of their software is basically -- or really -- for free.

V.

TennesseeVic wrote:
AD80 wrote:They would have a way bigger market share if you could run the OS on a PC.
A larger market share of cracked OS install discs.
Yeah, all those cracked OS install's could bring down Apple like they did Microsoft. :D

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”