Steinberg HALion 6 & HALion Sonic 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

Whoever is interested in some fresh sounds for HALion 6, check out my new H6 library Cornucopia here.

Hi all,

The HALion 6.0.10, HALion Sonic 3.0.10 and HALion Sonic SE 3.0.10 maintenance updates are now available for download.

The updates resolve more than 80 issues in the applications. All details can be found in the version history.

HALion 6 maintenance update

HALion Sonic 3 maintenance update

HALion Sonic SE 3 maintenance update

Additionally there is a new knowledge base article for those of you who are experiencing user interface errors in HALion 6 on Windows 10.

User-Interface-errors-in-HALion-6-on-Windows 10
Matthias Quellmann - Senior Marketing Manager | Cubase
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

ghettosynth wrote:Can anyone tell me what the purpose of LFO3 and LFO4 are in the Model C organ instruments? AFAIK, and I may be wrong, there's no way to route them to any aspect of the organ zone or any of the effects and so I'm assuming that they're useful in some patches for the various sample layers. None that I've looked at, however, seem to make use of them. I'm new to Halion, so I may be looking in the wrong place. Just trying to figure how deep she goes :)
It's probably because LFO3/4 are part of the furniture as polyphonic modulators (compared to the monophonic LFO1/2). LFO3/4 happen to live separately in the UI from LFO1/2, which turn up in the zones, so don't disappear when the zone is set to the organ mode. Normally, you'd map them through the mod matrix but a Model C layer doesn't have a mod matrix, so....

There is quite entertaining new video from Sonicstate with Gaz and Nick giving an overview of HALion 6

Youtube Link

Cheers from Hamburg
Hamburg, Germany

Never mind.
they answered the question later in the video :-)
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

No, they just use the tablet as a monitor for the video I guess.
Hamburg, Germany

MatthiasQ wrote:No, they just use the tablet as a monitor for the video I guess.
Thanks, yes they said it about 5 minutes in.
Hoping you have an upgrade summer sale.
It isn't that it isn't worth the $99, but since you guys haven't followed ilok's two authorisations (yet anyway) I will have to buy two upgrades.
rsp
sound sculptist

Today we are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the hotfix update versions 6.0.15 for HALion and 3.0.15 for HALion Sonic and HALion Sonic SE.

An issue has been resolved where Zones were played detuned with unison disabled, if a unison detune value was set.

Download HALion 6.0.15

Download HALion Sonic 3.0.15

Download HALion Sonic SE 3.0.15
Hamburg, Germany

Do I need to install both the Halionsonic and Halion ones or does the Halion one cover both (as is usually the case)?

The HALion update covers both.
Hamburg, Germany

They've been doing a good job at keeping tracks of bugs and fixing them.
If any of you ran into bugs, don't forget to report them here:

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=265

I went to the site but can't find anything so I must be looking in the wrong place, obviously. My question is, what product qualifies someone for the crossgrade offer?

wagtunes wrote:I went to the site but can't find anything so I must be looking in the wrong place, obviously. My question is, what product qualifies someone for the crossgrade offer?
If you have Kontakt or Komplete, you are qualified. The products are listed, but they're not easy to find. I believe that Omni and Mach 5 are also on the list.

You do need to send them some proof of ownership/purchase.

ghettosynth wrote:
wagtunes wrote:I went to the site but can't find anything so I must be looking in the wrong place, obviously. My question is, what product qualifies someone for the crossgrade offer?
If you have Kontakt or Komplete, you are qualified. The products are listed, but they're not easy to find. I believe that Omni and Mach 5 are also on the list.

You do need to send them some proof of ownership/purchase.
And just what would qualify as proof of purchase? Omni and Komplete I bought at Sam Ash and have no idea what I did with the sales receipts. I don't even think I kept the boxes though I do have the DVDs still.

This is what works as proof of purchase: https://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/crossgrades.html

The products that qualify for both Absolute 3 and Halion 6 crossgrades are Kontakt / Komplete, Falcon, Machfive, Omnisphere.

This list shows up when you click Add to cart.

Return to “Instruments”