HOFA System 1 multi-fx: 20 modules for €50

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HOFA SYSTEM All Bundle HOFA SYSTEM basic

For just €50 what is the catch ?
PRESALE: There are 20 modules in the initial setup

The AlgoVerb, 11-band parametric-EQ, channel compressor, sum compressor, expander, gate, micro pitch, makro pitch, multiband module, feedback module, M/S module, delay, gain, pan, meter, dual mono module, distortion, pink noise, parallel module, sub chain module.
https://hofa-plugins.de/en/plugins/hofa-system/
Last edited by Numanoid on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Numanoid wrote:For just €50 what is the catch ?
Right now, the roadmap includes 10 suites and at least 44 modules.
I reckon, the catch is paid extra modules.

Zombie Queen wrote:I reckon, the catch is paid extra modules.
OK, but with 20 modules included in the base version seems like a pretty good deal to me.

And cutting costs on graphic work...

No-brainer :o HOFA is equal to quality and very easy to use. They also have a nice and clear roadmap for future modules/bundles on their website. Of course it's a pre-sale, it's gonna be more expensive once it's official released and when additional modules will be added. I think they want to know whos interested in their system and probably want to make it more usable based on the customer experience.

Graphics seems to be okay. HOFA style, nothing fancy.

If it has the same workflow like their other plugins this will be the 1st modular effects system I'm really interested in. I hardly dislike some others because they're unnecessary complicated or just a copy & paste version of existing ones.

I bought it a while back, I like the HOFA's plugins, so I've
bet a little on them coming up with something cool.

Well see how it turns out.

Trying to find a catch...

Copy protection = Online Activation (Challenge / Response)

VAT is already included in the €50

I can't find a catch :help: :hyper:

I'm using a number of Hofa plugins everyday. Love the straightforward interface and great sound.
So I pre-ordered this one, for $50,- I did not really have to think to much about that.

Seems like a nice, clear (basic) GUI to me:

Could be worth investigating (I hope I can turn down those AlgoVerb colours ;))

The costs of the upcoming suites / individual modules will prove interesting too.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

HOFA makes great stuff, but they kinda turned me off when I was trying the convo verb and there was a glitch that they pretty much ignored me on (you know, the "try a higher buffer setting" brush-off :bang: :bang: :bang: :x )

Still, the price is something that has me thinking. We were just talking about this in a "gas" thread, but the price and the potential have me thinking "maybe" :)

I asked them about the cost of the upcomming modules: The price for the entry module will go up to 80 EUR and each module will cost around the same.
As they plan 10 modules at the moment it seems it will cost nearly the same as Meldas MXXX, which I already own... so no need to hurry, all you can save are 30 EUR of a 800+ EUR plugin!

Well, hopefully they can make some good stuff. If not, I can always go the same
route that I have with MXXX and not really have any interest in over half of the stuff
available for it.

Melda MXXX is way more powerful of course but the interface seems to be far superior on HOFA's new offering. The melda system would really benefit from a complete rethink of the whole user interface but I guess it would be a massive time sink.. it already feels a bit like the interfaces are kept together with duct tape.

We'll see how it evolves. If HOFA can get the whole feedback system to work and include some more low level components then it could very well become extremely powerful.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote:...it already feels a bit like the interfaces are kept together with duct tape.
LOL, good one, that made my morning :party:

Just a pity that apart from the reverb it seems to have such boring and basic components, I would have preferred a multi fx with components that go better with a reverb

Price is good though

What level of interaction is there between components, eg can they modulate each other, can you create macros? Seems the level of modularity is pretty basic, wish someone would come up with a more fully modular fx system (I mean something like a modular synth with a completely open signal and modulation path).

Return to “Effects”