Reaktor Blocks vs. Softube Modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Actually, forget it :tu:

Someone has to stop this guy.

Affecting other people's (honest!) business by bloody stupid and non-caring comments has to end.

Wonder why the KVR-community tolerates it any longer.

I hesitate from shit storms and the like, so pls let's manage it in a decent way.

elassi wrote:Someone has to stop this guy.

Affecting other people's (honest!) business by bloody stupid and non-caring comments has to end.

I hesitate from shit storms and the like, so pls let's manage it in a decent way.
Huh? :scared:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:Huh? :scared:
Not talking about you, ebow.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote:I would choose Pulsar 900 Series Modular Synthesizer. :hihi:

Only problem is, it's currently mac only, which is extremely annoying. But apparently, a windows version is being ported. :hyper:
I heard that, too. Can't wait either! :love:
A well-behaved signature.

elassi wrote:Someone has to stop this guy.

I've gone through this whole thread and I'm scratching my head trying to figure out what post generated such a reaction.

Color me totally confused.

wagtunes wrote:Let me put it to you this way. Softube Modular is my 4th best selling library just passing Zebra 2 today.

And honestly, I'm stunned. But apparently, this is a very popular soft synth.

Naturally, I can't predict the future, but if my sales are any indication, I think Softube Modular is going to be around for a very long time.
That could also be because programming modulars is so difficult and they also have a wildly expansive set of sonic capabilities. I don't need help programming a Minimoog, but Modular, yeah, that's something I'd consider getting patches for.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Let me put it to you this way. Softube Modular is my 4th best selling library just passing Zebra 2 today.

And honestly, I'm stunned. But apparently, this is a very popular soft synth.

Naturally, I can't predict the future, but if my sales are any indication, I think Softube Modular is going to be around for a very long time.
That could also be because programming modulars is so difficult and they also have a wildly expansive set of sonic capabilities. I don't need help programming a Minimoog, but Modular, yeah, that's something I'd consider getting patches for.
And naturally, yes, that's a factor...but

1) I wouldn't sell so many if this synth wasn't selling.

2) Zebra 2, which we know is popular (what U-he synth isn't?) is also tough to program, though not as tough, and also sells well for me and yet not as well as Softube.

I have to assume from the above evidence that Softube Modular has to be popular to some degree. KarmaFX, which is also modular and not easy to program, is 27th out of 37 libraries. It doesn't sell well at all. And I know for a fact that KarmaFX just isn't that popular a synth, even though it is an excellent synth.

So yeah, I still contend that Softube Modular is at least a fairly popular synth based on my own numbers and comparing apples to apples (modular to modular)

Why would someone even compare the 2? Comparing a toy like ST Mod to Reaktor is ridiculous.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

Softube Modular is no more a "toy" than any other synth, soft or otherwise.
They're both gonna use a fair bit of CPU with complicated patches, but i genuinely doubt it's gonna be too easy to replicate the Doepfer sound with Reaktor.
If you want to be able to get deep and make any sound you want, i guess, then use Reaktor, if you enjoy the Doepfer sound, then use Modular. It is apples and oranges though. There's a limited number of modues available in Modular, but it's the Doepfer sound (among others) in software... so YAY!! ...for pretty bloody cheap too may i add.

They're both relatively affordable. I say get both! :party:
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

BasariStudios wrote:Why would someone even compare the 2? Comparing a toy like ST Mod to Reaktor is ridiculous.
Reaktor has a million other things it can do , but I don't see how it's ridiculous to compare the modular synth part/blocks of Reaktor to Softube Modular.

To my ears the raw sound and functions of especially the Intellijel modules are just superior when comparing to Reaktor's.

More is not always better.
wagtunes wrote:
1) I wouldn't sell so many if this synth wasn't selling.

2) Zebra 2, which we know is popular (what U-he synth isn't?) is also tough to program, though not as tough, and also sells well for me and yet not as well as Softube.
I just checked them out and I think they also sell well because they're very good for an excellent price at the current $25 deal ! :tu:

egbert101 wrote:I would choose Pulsar 900 Series Modular Synthesizer. :hihi:

Only problem is, it's currently mac only, which is extremely annoying. But apparently, a windows version is being ported. :hyper:
This :wink:
I demoed Reaktor and Softube and of course they are more open but i find the sound from P900 just much better if you like to have a modular set-up with some limitations and maybe not so a wide range of sounds.
But as a Seaboard owner i find that the softube free MPE module looks very interesting.
Still......P900 all the way.....if you like that juicy vintage Moog sound (of course it can do more).

I will say one thing about Softube Modular that's a royal PITA. Every library I sell, I get an email, "How do you load these?"

Not having an internal browser is a support nightmare for me. I put instructions on the sales page in big red letters not to buy this set unless they are sure they can load fxp or fxb files and to test this out BEFORE PURCHASING. But nobody reads. I don't know how to make things any clearer that there are issues with this synth.

I am seriously considering just removing the library for sale. It's just not worth the hassle.

Return to “Instruments”