space!!!!!!!!!! Go NASA!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yet another musician that feels thet you have to record the song as loud as possible to make it heard better...*sigh*
when they gonna learn that all that does is make the listener turn it down, resulting in a thin, squashed sound.
ahhh well. sounded good otherwise :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Nice and spacey. Good choice of sounds. Nice complexity in the drum line. Some of the percussion sounds are mixed a bit too loud i think. I like the sub bass parts. I don't find it too "loud" in general (but i think you just blew layzer's 32-bit headphones from the last millenium :P).

Which synths did you use, if i may ask?

chk071 wrote:(but i think you just blew layzer's 32-bit headphones from the last millenium
s**k my headphones 32bit plug... :idiot:

haha 32 bit headphones!?.... but.... the.... sound... is... just... 16 BITS! 16 for each ear i guess :D sorry layzer

just for you i'm uploading a more deep/ less spacious/ kind of thing / version that might go easier on the ears; i ment 32 bit headphones......

i',m actually not sure wich version i like best... so if you guys can leave an opinion i'd apprreeciate it

https://soundcloud.com/tatsava-news/tra ... er-version

I used omnisphere, alchemy, icarus, absynth and NI drums machines

layzer wrote:yet another musician that feels thet you have to record the song as loud as possible to make it heard better...*sigh*
when they gonna learn that all that does is make the listener turn it down, resulting in a thin, squashed sound.
layzer you problably have a pre-amp for headphones or am i wrong, maybe i need one too or.... just listen less hours stairght to music/production, i think i'm going deaf, not kidding
....every 4 to 5 days i need to stop for 2 or 3 days to recover my hearing these days

tasty tatsyn wrote:
layzer wrote:yet another musician that feels thet you have to record the song as loud as possible to make it heard better...*sigh*
layzer you problably have a pre-amp for headphones or am i wrong, maybe i need one too or.... just listen less hours stairght to music/production, i think i'm going deaf, not kidding
....every 4 to 5 days i need to stop for 2 or 3 days to recover my hearing these days
using too much compression/loud limiting is much the same as looking through a fisheye filter or watching TV with the brightness turned up too high in the visual realm. it sounds distorted and does not sound natural.
loudness has some to do with it, but it is more the lack of dynamic range.

what you are experiencing is known as fatigue. brought on by long exposure to
constant high volumes, As with heavy compressed audio. after the thrill of
discovering brickwall limiting wears off, you will realize dynamic range is
a vital part of well produced music.

that chk071 person is probably some young punk still mixing his tracks like
a noob, trying to be louder and more obnoxioius than the next guy.

Something wrong with the precussion, it's too loud, too tight and some sounds have too sharp attacks. The second version is a bit better in this regard, but still this percussion sounds somehow out of place. I'd try to put it futher into the background. Also I'd cut away some resonant frequencies in the lead which starts aroung 5:05, they sound somehow nasty.

Other than that I quite like the track.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

ty for your input guys ;)

Return to “Music Cafe”