New release: OSCar for Kontakt

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Autodafe OSCar for Kontakt

https://www.autodafe.net/samples/kontak ... ntakt.html

Autodafe OSCar is a recreation of the famous OSC (Oxford Synthesizer Company) OSCar for Kontakt (FULL version of Kontakt 5.6 needed, it will not work on the free Kontakt player), based on samples from an actual OSCar

The original OSCar comes from Autodafe’s collection of analogue synths. 35 Soundsets have been sampled from the original presets in the OSCar memory. There are 91 total patches in the Kontakt Instrument.

The aim is not to 100% replicate the OSCar but to capture its sounds, its controls and its characteristics adding unique features that are only possible in the digital world.

As an example, Autodafe OSCar features an Arpeggiator, which was not in the original OSCar (even if it had the option to create Sequences and load/write them).
Autodafe OSCar also features a Chord Mode, Glide, Mono Mode and Unison section. The original OSCar had the option to play “Duo” (duophonic) and had glide controls, with different types and times.

The ugly (but lovely), knob-stuffed and cluttered interface of the original OSCar has also been reproduced.

Available as digital download for just 9.99 Euros.

Info, Demos & Buy: https://www.autodafe.net/samples/kontak ... ntakt.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCesed9NEiU

What's its size? And how would it compare to the GForce one?

autodafe wrote: As an example, Autodafe OSCar features an Arpeggiator, which was not in the original OSCar
Maybe you're arpeggiator is more advanced, but the OSCar definitely has an arpeggiator.

Fleer wrote:What's its size? And how would it compare to the GForce one?
It's about 50 MB zipped
GForce is a reproduction of the original, of course with digital recreation and additions
mine is a sampled version, with samples from an origial unit and its preset, plus some kontakt scripting and tweaking added.
Imposcar is abut 120 pounds or dollars, I beleieve. MIne is 9.99 ;-)
Last edited by autodafe on Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Arkadin wrote:
autodafe wrote: As an example, Autodafe OSCar features an Arpeggiator, which was not in the original OSCar
Maybe you're arpeggiator is more advanced, but the OSCar definitely has an arpeggiator.
yes, right, it had a quite simple "ARP" function mode, which I believe (I don't have it with me anymore) only allows playing up or down arpeggios.
The arpeggiator in Kontakt is more advanced, adding note duration, swing, more operating modes, and a "ryhthm" grid with velocity options...

Looks sweet indeed :tu:

ahahah yes the OSCar is an ugly lovely synth ;-)

Correct me if I am wrong, but for some reason or other there are so far no Kontakt libs devoted to OSCar

Edit: There was a lib released by Boxed Ear back in 2013

But more is merrier, so this one is most welcome :tu:

yes correct, there is one by Boxed Ear, i think they have no scripted interface, but I never tried it.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”