Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

FathomSynth wrote: Yes, I'm still here.
Sorry I don't check here more often but the thread often goes months without any posts so I sometimes get out of the habit.
@Everett/FathomSynth:
You know you can subscribe to this topic/thread?
Handy, if - after months of nothing going on here - someone posts something in this thread.
Under the topics header at the top there is 'Post Reply' and then a 'Tools' icon, where you can select 'Subscribe topic'.
It's quite strange, that this menu item has an icon which always looks like already checked...

Cheers, Patrik

Thanks that will be really helpful although it says I'm already subscribed.

FathomSynth wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:11 pm Thanks that will be really helpful although it says I'm already subscribed.
You also need to go to "Edit notification options" and check the email option box for any type of notifications that you wish to be emailed. Otherwise the email default is off and you will only see notifications when you log in to KVR.

Forum notifications > Settings: "Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed "
Windows 10 and too many plugins

OK, Cool, I turned on all the email notifications. Thanks.

So are any Fathom updates planned for the near future?

Oh Everett's moving from Philly to FL, :hyper: which could explain why I haven't heard back about upgrading from v2 to v3 and paypal not working on the website.

This move will be all the better for him to enjoy my edm bangers in Miami clubs. :lol:

Now back to inundating devs with feature requests & various smops, *ahem*

Given I only have fathom v2 & fathom mono v3, I'd love for fathom to have a
  • granular synthesis oscillator capable of clouds (sample playback with dozens of randomized playback heads, possibly with randomized reverse playback, randomized repitching, and some form of lengthening amp envelope attack & release times)
  • module preset saving - especially on modules with many params like oscillators and the delay module
  • undo - especially "undo delete module" for when I'm just trying to remove a modulation and now my entire customized sound engine is gone :o :cry: :lol:
  • macro modulation source that is able to be controlled by a host. Even the XY controls would suffice
  • clipper module
  • multiband compressor module (as is customary to abuse like in ott, vital, spire)
Thanks for the amazing musical instrument that Fathom is. I'm immensely grateful! :pray:
Congratulations on V3, Fathom FX, and Fathom Vector with the new brilliant, smooth Metamorphic Oscillator :clap: :clap: :party: :party: and I wish you happy developing! :D
quick, _ake what you want in life

Add to the feature requests in the above post:
- Add labels to modules (give them relevant names).

574X wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:13 pm Oh Everett's moving from Philly to FL, :hyper: which could explain why I haven't heard back about upgrading from v2 to v3 and paypal not working on the website.

This move will be all the better for him to enjoy my edm bangers in Miami clubs. :lol:

Now back to inundating devs with feature requests & various smops, *ahem*

Given I only have fathom v2 & fathom mono v3, I'd love for fathom to have a
  • granular synthesis oscillator capable of clouds (sample playback with dozens of randomized playback heads, possibly with randomized reverse playback, randomized repitching, and some form of lengthening amp envelope attack & release times)
  • module preset saving - especially on modules with many params like oscillators and the delay module
  • undo - especially "undo delete module" for when I'm just trying to remove a modulation and now my entire customized sound engine is gone :o :cry: :lol:
  • macro modulation source that is able to be controlled by a host. Even the XY controls would suffice
  • clipper module
  • multiband compressor module (as is customary to abuse like in ott, vital, spire)
Thanks for the amazing musical instrument that Fathom is. I'm immensely grateful! :pray:
Congratulations on V3, Fathom FX, and Fathom Vector with the new brilliant, smooth Metamorphic Oscillator :clap: :clap: :party: :party: and I wish you happy developing! :D
Aren't XY controls exposed to host?

574X wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:13 pm [*]module preset saving - especially on modules with many params like oscillators and the delay module
[*]undo - especially "undo delete module" for when I'm just trying to remove a modulation and now my entire customized sound engine is gone :o :cry: :lol:
Seconded for both of these.

Inversion Of Control wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:37 am
Don't think so. From the Fathom Synth User Guide:

"The XY control pads can be assigned as modulators and provide manual performance access to
any modulated parameter.
"

Don't see any way to connect them to host automation or MIDI CC from an external MIDI controller.

zzz00m wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:17 pm

"The XY control pads can be assigned as modulators and provide manual performance access to
any modulated parameter.
"

Don't see any way to connect them to host automation or MIDI CC from an external MIDI controller.
In theory you can do automation, there is even chapter 'Host automation' in User Guide, but it doesn't work for me (FL Studio 20)

Inversion Of Control wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:19 pm
zzz00m wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:17 pm

any modulated parameter.
"

In theory you can do automation, there is even chapter 'Host automation' in User Guide, but it doesn't work for me (FL Studio 20)
Right! Automation works for some controls, but not for XY. Where it does work, all it takes is for you to left-click on the text above a control knob in Fathom, then that parameter is made available in your host automation list for that preset.

BTW is there any video tutorial step-by-step how the new spectral morphing feature should work? All I can get is some nice, but I don't know whether it's a bug or I am just to stupid to understand that (propably this)

Hi.

Is the synthesizer still actively developed by the author ? I am thinking of buying this product.

Best

There is an active roadmap for Fathom, GPU support is next up AFAIK.

Return to “Instruments”