MTurboReverb, possibly the most powerful algorithmic reverb ever made

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MTurboReverb

Soarer wrote:Here you have lock for every parameter and you can even hide them all if you don't want to see them. IMO that is a great feature and I'm happy with it.
Exactly! :love:
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I like it a lot but I'm not sure I need the full version. Will there be an upgrade path later? Right now there doesn't seem to be one, just half off of both versions.

Great job though, it really is pretty amazing, both in sounds and features!

Thank you! :love:

Upgrades will certainly be possible from the user accounts, same way like with everything else - 70% from what you pay will be deducted from the price of the plugin you are upgrading to.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:Thank you! :love:

Upgrades will certainly be possible from the user accounts, same way like with everything else - 70% from what you pay will be deducted from the price of the plugin you are upgrading to.
Thanks, but so if I get the LE version with the Creative bundle now I pay full price to upgrade? (no complaint impled :clown: )

Yes I'm afraid that's correct. As I explained in another thread, crossgrades like this are immensely complicated and we just didn't figure out a way to make everything fair, rather not talking about "easy to explain" :D
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:Yes I'm afraid that's correct. As I explained in another thread, crossgrades like this are immensely complicated and we just didn't figure out a way to make everything fair, rather not talking about "easy to explain" :D
Thanks, that fine IMO.

MeldaProduction wrote:Yes I'm afraid that's correct. As I explained in another thread, crossgrades like this are immensely complicated
...As I found out this week due to the completely absurd and convoluted way I'd been purchasing your plugin collection over the years ! But thank Luke again for me for sorting this all out for me over the last couple of days (unless you are Luke, in which case .... thanks again :) )

Hehe unfortunately I'm not luke :( :D, but I'll forward the greeting ;).
Vojtech

Soarer wrote:Here you have lock for every parameter and you can even hide them all if you don't want to see them. IMO that is a great feature and I'm happy with it.
Oh, there it is... <looks in the upper left> :scared: yes that is very nice to be able to lock arbitrary parameters. *clap*

For $172 for the LE version (less, depending on what sales Melda has a given week), or $345 for the full version, you get quite a bit of reverb. Keep in mind that MTurboReverb has some 97 different algorithms; as a point of comparison, one of the most prolific reverb algorithm makers is Sean/ValhallaDSP; between his Valhalla Room, Valhalla Plate, Valhalla Vintage Verb, Valhalla ÜberMod, and Valhalla Shimmer products, he has 52 algorithms [1]. So that’s about $5 per algorithm; The LE version of MTurboReverb is under $2 per algorithm; and the full version which lets you make your own algorithms is still under $4 for just the preset algorithms.

So, if nothing else, MTurboReverb has a lot of algorithms, the lowest price per algorithm for a commercial plugin. And, yes, the deluxe edition lets you make your own algorithm, for those of you who know an Allpass Filter from a FDN — or are willing to learn.

[1] For the purposes of this count, yes VVV now has 17 algorithms, ÜberMod has nine, and Shimmer has 2 (mono and stereo)

[2] Disclaimer: I got a comp copy of MTurboReverb in exchange for contributing five of those 97 algorithms.
Sam Trenholme — Software developer, electronic musician — Listen to my music: http://caulixtla.com/music

MeldaProduction wrote:Hey folks, thanks for the feedback! Ok, so ...
(haha, couldn't citate you because my name seems to be a bad word for the spam filter :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: )

Thank you. I thought about having the lock for the mix parameter always visible since it is THE parameter :lol: Btw most of the new reverb plugins have a feature like that, nothing too new :wink:

Anyways in the end I decided to not buy it. I compared some more presets to Valhalla, FabFilter, Lexicon and Altiverb and unfortunately MTurboReverb is always at least twice as cpu hungry for a similar sound :scared: I also think I just don't need it since it doesn't give me the more value. It really doesn't sound better or anything like that. I could just create some own formulars and with luck they sound good. But I'm clearly no programmer or mathematics genuis. So, no. :D It definitely could extend my fancy part of the work with its creative presets. But only for that purpose it is too pricey.

No problem ;). It may not be for everyone ;).

caulixtla: Ha! Interesting point of view! Thanks! :love:

Edit: I just compared the CPU usage to Valhalla Room (which I think is pretty much the fastest competition), just the "Small spaces" section, pretty much defaults, about half of the algorithms seem about 2x as fast, then there are several, which are 2x slower :D, and some are about the same. I cannot compare how similar they sound of course, it would take a long time to get something really similar. I remember checking before that Aether and ProR are superslow, Lexicons aren't so bad, but not really fast either.
Vojtech

Updated to 11.01, here's the changes:

http://www.meldaproduction.com/changes/ ... alFXBundle
Vojtech

Return to “Effects”