The Dune3 feature requests thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE DUNE 3

Well, now that it is confirmed that Dune3 is in the works, it is going to have an important additions like a wavetable editor and certain sound quality/character improvements maybe it's time to put together the feature requests.

Mine are:
- the second resonant filter per a layer: may be essentially identical to the first one. The possibility of parallel/serial routing, link/unlink the cutoff, adjust filter output balance and the distribution of the oscillators output between the filters
- a vowel filter (i just love these :) - it may be one of the modes for one of the above resonant filters or a part of the effects rack (the second is preferable as it would be possible to place it anywhere in the effect chain)
- saving MSEG presets (may it be possible to add spike soft/hard from the first Dune as a mseg preset?)
- make all FM parameters available in the modmatrix as targets
- (perhaps) some kind of subtle tape/analog style saturation as an effect unit
Last edited by recursive one on Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

- Better CPU optimisation
- More oscillators
- Bigger MSEG window for more easier and more precise drawing
- resizeable GUI
- improved filter algo
- more filter types
- 2nd filter
- more post filter distortion fxs for various screeching and agressive sounds

MPE support with mod envelopes (expression curves) per dimension.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

More filter types. An extra oscillator perhaps.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

You guys are going to destroy Dune.

No tabs.

Honestly just more creative ways to edit and manipulate waveforms. However those are are good for me. :)

Maybe introduce dual filters with similar routing and mixing options to the Virus. Maybe add a few creative filter types too beyond distortion.

SWallace wrote: Maybe introduce dual filters with similar routing and mixing options to the Virus.
Two filters per layer seems to be one of the most popluar FRs (please, Synapse!). I would be happy with Virus-like routing too cause I'm familiar with Virus filter. On the other hand, more flexibility, like routing one oscillator to two filters running in parallel wouldn't hurt :) I like how the filter routing is made in Spire.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Microtuning! (.tun file import).
Parameter lock.
MPE
Better editing of MSEG´s.
Extended FM synthesis.
And of course the mystical wavetable editor/creator.

Everything what it is now in Dune 2 just these:

- Drag and drop
- Drift option
- Resizable GUI
- Voice Mixer
- Improved browser with Favorites tags

Elecktronisch

+1

+ Soloing different oscs in a sound always seems awkward and difficult, and I easily make mistakes. Please make this easier

Love Dune's sound - so don't change that :)
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

More LFO's per layer

Set keyrange per layer

ARP/Seq per layer

Thats about it really...

AnX wrote:More LFO's per layer

Set keyrange per layer

ARP/Seq per layer

Thats about it really...
This..... & just
Wavetable editor
Load & save MSEGs
Microtuning
1 more filter per layer
Warping of waveforms

I really wouldnt like or thinks it need anything else without breaking functionality of D2 presets
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Would be nice if no discussion are requested in the OP so Richard, being busy working on Dune 3, will only read feature requests here and not waddle amongst endless pages of debate ;)

Dual Filters (Full ones) -- This is already confirmed! Yaaay!
More Creative Filters -- Comb and Formant
Old Dune Multi-type filters back - LP/HP, LP/BP/HP
Right click assign to modulation source -- kind of standard nowadays
Multistage MW assignment -- Assign between values 0-64, 64-128. For instance, I only want the reverb to kick in at 90% raised MW.
Last edited by Touch The Universe on Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

At the very least being able to right click on a knob to assign a modulator (and right click + shift to change the modulation amount with a semicircle around the knob to show it).

A bipolar env depth knob (I have no idea why it is only unipolar in Dune2).

Serial filters.

The filter cutoff knobs reporting in frequency instead of percent and envs reporting in time as well.

Return to “Instruments”